You Had Me at Hello.

03 of 52

Seriah's Point of View (Dallas, TX; June 15, 2014: Warped Tour-Day 03 of 52)

I picked up my phone as it vibrated from underneath my pillow. I had been laying in my bunk reading some trash magazine while I waited for the boys to returned from getting Judah.

"From Jeremy M.: Morning" I smiled at that because it had been awhile since I had gotten a good morning text.

"To Jeremy M.: Morning :)" I sent the message and stared at my phone as I waited for a text message back from him. When the door to the bus opened, I jumped out of my bunk and made my way to the door.

"Knock knock?" Jeremy called as he walked up the steps. He noticed my flustered face and stopped. "I... uh you okay?"

"The new guitarist is coming today. He should be here soon actually." I said quickly. He nodded before sitting on the couch.

"I'll wait with you." He smiled. "So is Seriah your real name?"

"No. I'm Katherine but my middle name is Seriah." I laughed. He looked at me for a few minutes.

"I like it. But I might call you Cat instead." Jeremy told me.

"It's Katherine with a "K." Just so you know." I nudged him. He smiled at me and it was then that I realized just how close we were to each other.

"Katherine with a "K." I will remember that." He smiled at me before placing a kiss on my cheek. I looked at him as he stared into my eyes. I couldn't even believe how close we were and that he had just kissed me. He stood up and looked down at me. "You look really nice today, Kath."

"So do you, Jer." I smiled at him. He looked down at his plain red shirt and khaki shorts. He jokingly narrowed his eyes at me.

"This is how I look every day." He finally said after I had winked at him. He sat back down next to me and put his arm on the top of the couch behind me. I grabbed the remote for the TV and immediately regretted it as Sesame Street came on because we had watched cartoons last night. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"We like to party."

"And by party she means watch cartoons til 5 a.m." My cousin's voice called from the door as he climbed onto the bus. I jumped up and pulled him into the tightest hug ever.

"Judah!"

"Katherine!" He gave me a squeeze.

"I'm so happy you are here." I kissed his forehead a few times before letting him go. "My baby cousin is here. Oh I'm being rude. Judah this is Jeremy and vice versa." They said their hellos.

"I'd hate to ruin this moment but we need to get to our signing" Trae told me. I nodded and looked over at Jeremy. He looked at me and then smiled.

"I'll stop by on my way to stage." He said giving me a hug and saying bye to the guys on his way off the bus. The guys stopped and looked at me before saying "ooooh" and "somebody's got a crush" so loudly. I got off the bus only to find Jeremy standing there looking back at the bus. I looked away from him and rushed off to the signing. I could hear the guys walking behind me and joking with each other.

I sat behind the table at the merch tent for three hours signing stuff and take pictures. My hand was falling asleep and my jaw was hurting from smiling so much. I bounced in my chair was the end of the line got closer.

"Oh gracias a Dios (Oh thank you God)." I exclaimed causing Judah to laugh. We both spoke Spanish and English because Spanish was what out grandmother spoke so we had no choice but to learn it.

"Cierra la boca puta (Shut your whore mouth)." Judah laughed. I flipped him off as Jeremy came over with some food. I smiled at him and when everyone noticed him they began to scream.

"I brought food."

"Es tu chico amante (It's your lover boy)." Judah nudged me.

"Aye, cierra la boca puta." I said to Judah causing a white guy to stop and look at me. He approached the table.

"Bitch, this is fucking America where we speak fucking English." He said angrily.

"¿Discúlpeme? ¿Me veo como que me importa una mierda voladora? Hablo cualquier idioma que yo quiero, cara cogida (Excuse me? Do I look like I really give a flying fuck? I speak whatever language that I want, fuck face)." I said glaring at him. He flipped me off.

"Dude, no need to be a prick." Jeremy said looking at the guy. The guy got into Jeremy's face as a security walked up. I noticed that Jeremy was glaring at the poor kid and if it was me, I would have shit my pants. Security grabbed the gun and escorted him out the gates. "So what did you say?" Jeremy asked me. I smiled at him.

"Do you want summary or the actual thing?"

"Actual. But I know you said excuse me." Jeremy laughed.

"I asked him if it looked like I gave a flying fuck and that I could speak whatever language that I wanted."

"She also called him a fuck face." Judah said causing the native English speakers to laugh.

"We should do a song in Spanish. A screamo song in Spanish would be fucking epic." Storm hi-fived me.

"Hell yes. We can do the Spanish version and English version." I smiled at them. The guys agreed before we got back to take pictures and signing stuff. "My hand is going to fall off." I said gripping my hand and staring at it like it was that face sucking alien from Alien Vs. Predators.

"Someone is bored." Storm laughed.

"Guys, you are wanted on stage in 20 and you have an interview with a Mexican YouTube news channel right after the show." Davey said rushing past us, the last part was for me. I made at face at him and stood up. Jeremy had left a while ago and I could hear him singing his heart out.

**

After the show I was incredibly tired but I had to put my "I'm fine" face and headed for the bus where I would be getting an interview. I climbed onto the bus and smiled at the one and only Cynthia Lopez.

"Hola. Mi nombre es Cynthia López. ¿Cómo estás hoy? (Hello. My name is Cynthia Lopez. How are you today?)" Cynthia asked me.

"¿Yo? Soy realmente bueno en realidad. Sólo estoy tratando de acostumbrarme a este calendario loco que Warped Tour me ha encendido. ¿Cómo estás, Cynthia? (Me? I am really good actually. I am just trying to get used to this crazy schedule that Warped Tour has me on. How are you, Cynthia?)." I smiled at her as the rest of the band came and sat down with us.

"Bien, bien. Quiero hacerte unas preguntas, tal vez acerca de su carrera y su vida personal, si eso está bien con usted? (Good, good. I want to ask you a few questions, perhaps about your career and personal life, if that is alright with you?)." Cynthia smiled at me.

"Esto es totalmente bien. No tengo nada que ocultar (That is totally fine. I have nothing to hide)." I laughed. Cynthia smiled at me.

"Bueno, aquí vamos. ¿Quiénes son tus influencias musicales? (Well, here we go. Who are your musical influences?)."

"Crecimos escuchando a The Misfits y las bandas de mayor edad que están de gira con el ahora. Somos, después de todo en nuestros primeros años veinte (We grew up listening to The Misfits and the older bands that we are touring with now. We are after all in our early twenties)." I smiled thinknig about the past. "Nos gustaría ir a conciertos y luego hablar de cómo queríamos ser como ellos. Mi primo, Judá y me gustaría ir a conciertos en México y nosotros poner nuestra herencia en algunas de nuestras canciones para que sean personal y sincera (We would go to concerts and then talk about how we wanted to be just like them. My cousin, Judah and I would go to shows in Mexico and we put our heritage into some of our songs to make them personal and heartfelt)."

"Suena como un montón de diversión. Los rumores van alrededor de ti y miembro de The Dope Euphoria, ¿es cierto? (Sounds like a lot of fun. Rumors are going around about you and a member of The Dope Euphoria, is that true?)?" She smiled at me.

"Por supuesto que no! Yo estaba saliendo con nuestro guitarrista original Johnny hace un par de años, pero rompí una vez que la banda comenzó a hacer algo más grande. En realidad dejó la banda de ayer y debido a que mi primo lleno en su lugar. Lo que creo que a la larga va a ser mucho mejor que tener a mi ex novio en esta banda. No hemos hecho nada, pero lucha y yo no hemos sido capaces de coquetear (Hell no! I was dating our original guitarist Johnny a couple years ago but we broke up once the band started to make it big. He actually left the band yesterday and because of that my cousin filled in his spot. Which I think in the long run will be a lot better than having my ex boyfriend in this band. We've done nothing but fight and I haven't been able to flirt)." This caused Cynthia and Judah to laugh.

"Así que la pregunta que todos se hacen es lo tomaste o soltero? Queremos saber si usted tiene un hombre en su vida (So the question that everyone is asking is are you taken or single? We want to know if you have a man in your life)." I knew she would ask this question and it was something that I was dreading.

"Oh Cynthia. Tenías que ir allí. No hay ningún hombre en mi vida en este momento, pero estoy buscando (Oh Cynthia. You had to go there. There is no man in my life at the moment but I am looking)." I said biting my lip.

"¿Tiene usted un enamorado de alguien en este tour? (Do you have a crush on anyone on this tour?)?" Cynthia smirked at me.

"Sí, no, tal vez. Bueno, yo podría. Es difícil de decir (Yes, no, maybe. Well I might. It's hard to tell)." I laughed. "No voy a dejar que mi derrame secretos, ¿verdad? Soy una señora de misterio. Vamos a ver lo que va a salir de esta gira. Tal vez voy a volver a Ocala, Florida con un novio y tal vez voy a comprar diez gatos o convertirse en una monja o un maldito monje. Tal vez voy a ir de mochilero en Europa o simplemente hacer más grande edredón del mundo vivo. Veremos llegado agosto (I won't let my secrets spill, right? I'm a lady of mystery. We will see what will come out of this tour. Maybe I will go back to Ocala, Florida with a boyfriend and maybe I will buy ten cats or become a nun or a damn monk. Maybe I'll go backpacking in Europe or just make the world's biggest quilt alive. We shall see come August)."

"Gracias por tomarse el tiempo de su día para hablar conmigo (Thank you for taking time out of your day to speak with me)." I walked her off the bus and walked back inside to sit with the guys.

"That was very interesting." Storm laughed.

"So who is your crush?" I glared at him.

"I think we all knew the answer to that." Trae laughed. I glared at them.

"A Mr. McKinnon."

"What about me?" I quickly turned and looked at Jeremy. "I heard the whole conversation by the way." I looked at him with wide eyes and all he did was wink at me. I slammed my head on the table and groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Seriah's Outfit