The Parodies of Love

Dating Game

A piece of paper landed on my desk and I sighed, picking it up.

Go to hell, Fayline.

I was now sitting in Economics with Jace next to me. However, his attention was on Lola, whose skirt couldn't have shown any more ass since it was already showing all of it. How they forced me to go home because of my stained shirt and not send her home for not wearing underwear puzzled me. It truly did.

I wrote back, See you there, jackass.

Throwing it back on his desk, I received a glare from Lola. Scowling her away, I returned to my textbook, analyzing the demand and supply of McDonalds. Cadette, one of my closest friends, turned around and poked my forehead with her pen.

I looked up at her grinning face and smiled back. She was one of the prettiest girls in the school, but was too self-conscious to realize it. With her caramel complexion and large doe eyes, she was on the radar for most guys. Not only was she mega-hot, she was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Always smiling and ready to give a helping hand, she was the friendliest person in this school.

"So I bumped into Ian again." She said with a giggle, implying something happened.

"And...?"

"I don't know...I think he asked me to Winter Masquerade." She chewed on the end of her pen nervously, looking down.

I laughed at her agitation and shook my head. "What do you mean you think? He asked you, right?"

She nodded, a small smile on her face. "Well, then, that's set! You're going with him."

"Did you talk to him about me?"

"What-no I did-"

I saw the disbelieving looking on her face and guiltily nodded. Ian was my best guy friend and upon knowing of the intense crush that Cadette had on him, I set out to work. Forcing her to walk me to the classes I had with him, I introduced them to each other. Ian had an automatic interest in her up-beat personality and started asking me about her. From then, I knew I didn’t have much work to do but to just push them in the right direction.

She let out a loud squeal and hugged me from her seat. Rather tightly, I should add. "Can't breathe, Cadette." I choked out from under her grasp.

She let me go, a large grin on her face. "Sorry, Fay. But I love you!"

I smirked, leaning back into my seat. "Who doesn't?"

"I don't." Jace muttered, leaning into our conversation.

"Who gives a fuck about you?" I snarled, flicking his forehead.

Cadette giggled at us and replied, "That's not very nice, Fayline."

Damn her and the fact that she liked everyone. Then again, Ian was also Jace's best friend, so of course she'd be extra-nice to him, knowing my deep hatred for him. In fact, Jace and I hung out with the same people; we just hated each other like no tomorrow.

A low growl escaped my mouth and Jace smirked, mocking me. "Yeah, Fay, that's not very nice."

"Only my friends can call me Fay." I clenched my fists and turned my glance to the wall. Anything better than looking at his ugly face.

"Who are you going with?" Cadette asked kindly, trying to ease the tension.
I sighed, wondering if I was even going at all. Many guys had asked me but I just didn't want any of them. I didn't know who I wanted but I knew it wasn't any of the boys who were repeatedly asking me for dates. "I'm not even sure if I'm going."

Cadette gasped loudly causing some kids to turn around suspiciously. "What do you mean you're not going?"

"No one probably wants to go with her." Jace joked proudly, Lola sniggering with him.

"At least, I don't pay hookers to go with me." The bell rang and I got up angrily, grabbing my binder off of my desk. "I'll see you later, Cadette." I quickly said, walking away.

"I sense hostility in the air." Ian said nervously, gently poking my shoulder.

We were in Film Study and Ian was stuck in the middle of Jace and me. I was evidently pissed off at Jace at his comment of no one wanting to go with me. I, obviously, knew it wasn't true; I had gotten a lot of offers but I had politely declined.

It just bothered me the way he said it; almost mocking me in a competitive way. Psh...As if girls were lining up to go with him. I actually sighed in sadness when I automatically realized that girls, in fact, were doing that.

"Fay is just mad because no one want to go to Winter Masquerade with her." Jace commented giddily, bending around Ian to smirk at me. Since we were sitting at the same table, I took the opportunity to kick him harshly in the shin. He groaned in pain and I cheered triumphantly, Ian shaking his head in despair.

"I thought Chase asked you." Ian said thoughtfully, squinting at me suspiciously. "And I thought you wanted to go with him."

Jace's ears perked up at this and he stopped massaging his shin to listen into the conversation. I threw a confused shrug to Ian, saying, "I don't know... I thought I wanted to go with him but...now I don't want to. He's too controlling...like he said if I was to go with him, I'd have to wear red and put my hair up into French braids."

I gave Ian an incredulous look and he laughed along, muttering, "That sounds like Chase."

"So, I guess I might just curl up at home with a good book and just... chill."

Jace snorted from the unwanted sidelines and Ian turned to him sharply. "Last time I checked, Jace, you don't have anyone to go with either."

Jace straightened up his back as he cleared up the accusation. "I'm still deciding between Rita and Clarice. They're both so freaking hot..." Ian nodded in agreement and I groaned in disgust.

"Don't hate on them. Not all ugly ducklings turn out to be beautiful." Jace comforted me only to receive a low growl from me.

"You're such a booger, you know that." I muttered angrily. Yeah, I know original. But when you're staring into his bright blue eyes, it’s kind of hard to think of good insults.

He laughed softly, running his hand through his hair. "A sexy booger, nonetheless. Once again, unlike you."

I sent Ian a pout who responded by hitting Jace on the shoulder softly "Hey man! I thought you were on my side!" Jace pouted at Ian.

Ian looked back and forth between our pouting faces; mines’ resembling a cute little puppy’s and Jaces’ resembling the demon of armpits. Stuck between his two best friends, he sighed in annoyance and stood up. "I'm going to get the worksheets."

"Look what you did. You always peeve everyone off." I spat towards Jace, once Ian was gone.

"Me?" Jace asked in amazement. "You're the one with the whiny voice. You sound like a paranoid rat." Hey! This paranoid rat was on the chorus and was chosen for the solo for "Grease".

I scoffed loudly, earning a glance from a nearby boy. "At least I don't have to compliment myself every five seconds just to make up for the lack of self-esteem."

"What low self-esteem?" He asked mockingly. "I can get any girl I want to. I do-" He stopped rambling when he heard Ian's loafers squeak close.

"Meat-head." I whispered quickly.

Before he could respond, Ian had handed us both our worksheets, giving us huge smiles. "I'm glad that you two stopped finally fighting."

Jace and I shot Ian angelic smirks; the other fighting for Ian's attentions. Ian looked between us awkwardly before turning to me. I mentally squealed with glee, smirking at Jace. Take that, lover boy!

"So, you're seriously not going to the Masquerade?" He asked seriously, slightly disappointed with the news.

"Ugh. Shut up. Leave it alone. So I hear you asked Cadette..." I added with a small smirk, trying to change the subject.

He laughed softly, his eyes twinkling contentedly. "Yeah. I finally found the courage to ask her and surprisingly, she accepted." I rolled my eyes at his comment, finding it hard to believe that they both were so blind. 'But forget me. We need to find you someone suitable."

Jace let out a snort, shoving his completed worksheet in my direction. "Write down the answers and Ian can help someone who actually has a date. Or two. Maybe I should take them both...not like they'll mind." He smirked at the thought of having both of them hanging off of his arm.

"Psh. I don't want to copy your wrong answers." I said, quickly scanning his worksheet, whose answers were all right. Damn him and his annoyingly large brain.

No wonder that bastard was so damn cocky. He was smart, kind of okay looking once you ignored the horns and the pitchfork and he was nice to everyone. Everyone but me.

"Ian, who should I go with? The thing is this Friday and they're both so tempting." He whined annoyingly.

Ian laughed at his childishness and got up at the sound of the bell ringing. "Since both you and Fay are free, why not just go with each other... that is if you don't throw cake at her and she doesn't give you a bloody nose."

I sighed happily at the memories of the last year's Homecoming Dance, not yet registering Ian's advice and missing Jace's hopeful face. As soon as it hit me, a scowl quickly replaced my smile. "Please don't make me gag."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo....Second Chap.
Rate. Message. What are you waiting for?