The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate (Ch 11)

"Look, Kat---," Maia tried to speak.

"It's okay. You don't need to say sorry for me. It's done and over with," Kat hugged Maia.

"Good. I'm going to go change in your bedroom. Be right back," she disappeared into the hallway. It was just the two us.

"So you live with your grandparents?" I asked. I've wanted to ask her that, but I never had a good chance to ask.

"Yeah," she said, sheepishly.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well let's just say my parents weren't 'fit' to take care of me," she said. I knew it must have been a touchy subject, so I changed the subject.

"That was amazing what you did to Chet. I like a girl who can stand up for herself," I said. She blushed. She turned away to go do something, but before she could I hugged her from behind. She stiffened, but then relaxed. I let her go a second later. She turned and we stared at each other for what seemed like forever. Then Maia came into the room.

"You wouldn't believe what Darren just texted me!" Maia exclaimed. She was too busy looking at her phone and giggling to look how distraught we were, which reminded me of something.

"Hey, speaking of texting, here's my phone number. I like to text if that's okay with you," I said. We exchanged numbers.

"That's fine with me. I love to text," she said. We tested to make sure we typed the right number in.

"Well I have to go, goodnight Kat," I pecked her on the lips. She really blushed then. We said our goodbyes and I left. On the car ride home I called Ylena.

"Hello, darling," Ylena chimed, "How was your date?"

"Good, except Cyrus was 'Chet'. I think he knew about Kat," I growled.

"This isn't good," she moaned.

"Yeah, and what's worse is Kat dropped what I guess was her grandmother's diary. I glanced at the page and it has werewolf written all over it. I think she read it. When Cyrus ordered his food without garlic her eyes were practically bulging out of her eyes. Do you think she knows about me?" I asked.

"Well if she does know about you did she seem scared of you?" she asked. I thought over my date.

"No. She was fine, actually I had a pretty good night, besides seeing Cyrus," I added.

"This should help ease the whole 'I'm a werewolf thing'," she said.

"Yeah, I guess it might," I said. My phone beeped and when I glanced at it I seen a text from Kat.

"I've got to go; I'll be home soon," I hung up. I glanced at the text. It said:

Besides Chet I really had a good time. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at my place tomorrow. Maia is going on a date and my grandfather is planning to play poker with his buddies so we'll have the house all to ourselves. Hope you like pizza and a movie!

I used the voice command to text Kat while driving. I replied:

I would love to hang out with you tomorrow and I love pizza and a movie. What time should I be there?

She replied:

4 o'clock
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought this chapter was going to be short, but I was wrong! :) Like always I hope you enjoyed this chapter!