The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate (Ch 13)

I didn't have the greatest movie collection, but I knew he was looking for horror movies because he was picking up movies like The Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Shining. He picked up one movie I couldn't see because of the lighting. He nodded.

"Perfect," he said. I tried to grab the movie from his hand, but he stretched his arm out as far as he could so I couldn't grab it.

"Your just going to have to wait and watch," he smirked. I stuck my tongue out. Then we realized how close our faces were. If the pizza delivery guy didn't knock on the door we would probably be making out in my bed right now. As Clay popped the movie in, I paid the pizza delivery guy and grabbed the pizza. We grabbed sodas and pizza slices and sat on the couch. I movie started playing.

"The Ring," I whispered. I used to watch this when I was little and got scared easily. I wasn't as scared now, but I would jump when the little girl would pop out of the screen. By the end of the movie I was clinging to Clay. When the movie ended I came back to my senses and looked at Clay. He had a crooked grin on my face.

"You comfortable?" he asked. My cheeks were on fire. He looked amused.

"Sorry," I apologized. I tried to unwrap my arms from him, but he stopped me.

"Don't. Let's just stay like this for now," he said. I would've disagreed, but there was something about him that made me shut up. We sat together like that for a while until I accidentally fell asleep in his arms. I heard a ringtone go off, but I was too tired and comfortable to open my eyes. That's when I heard Clay's muffled voice. I could only hear a little bit of his conversation.

"Hey... No I haven't told her yet... I will... Kat just isn't ready for me to tell her yet..." he said uneasy. When I heard my name being said I tried to listen, but I was too tired. I fell back asleep. When I woke back up Clay was pushing me on my back and put a blanket on me.

"Clay?" I asked groggily.

"Goodnight Kat," he whispered. He kissed my forehead and I fell back asleep and had dreams of Clay.

**********************************************

"So how was your night?" Maia asked. She was making breakfast.

"Kind of romantic. How was yours?" I asked.

"Awesome! Hey, we've been best friends since forever, right?" I nodded, "I've got a question to ask you."

"What?" I asked.

"Do you think Darren is a good person?" asked Maia. I took a sip of my coffee and looked up at her in surprise.

"Are you kidding? He's the exact opposite of Chet," I exclaimed. She smiled and nodded.

I remembered last night when Clay was talking to someone on his phone. Was he going to tell me that he was a werewolf? I wondered how I could be comfortable around him, but I just couldn't explain it. He is all I've been thinking about anymore, even in my dreams. I wonder if he was thinking about me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't know how to end this chapter... hoped you liked it