The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate (Ch 15)

When I first heard him talk I jumped. Why was he up? He needs all the rest he can get.

"Why are you awake? You need your rest," I scolded him.

"Don't changed the subject; answer me," he demanded. I sighed.

"I found my mate," I whispered. His eyes widened, but only for a moment. He had a content grin on his face.

"Good for you," he whispered back. He then turned over and started softly snoring. I quickly left the room before I woke him up again. As I was walking down the hallway to my room I smelled something good coming from the castle's kitchen. I headed in that direction. When I got into the kitchen I saw the chef, who was making brownies. That reminded me of Kat's scrumptious brownies that had caramel and chocolate in them. She needed to make more of them. As I became deep into thought, Naomi, the chef, interrupted my thoughts.

"You look like you've got a crush!" Naomi chimed, "Tell me, who is she?"

"How did you know?" I asked shocked.

"Because I know you!" she smirked. She went to the counter and grabbed a couple of food, but hid it before I could see what it was. She came back and grabbed my hand and put the piece of food in my hand. It was a chocolate truffle. I looked up at her.

"There's more where that came from if you answer my questions," she winked, "So tell me who the lucky girl is?"

"Her name is Katherine, Kat for short. She is the most beautiful woman I've ever met. We have most in common," I smiled. She gave me another truffle and I popped it into my mouth.

"Have you told her about you being a werewolf?" she asked.

"No not yet. To be honest I don't know how. I promised Ylena that I would tell her on our third date and we already went on our second date. She already knows that werewolves and vampires are real, but I want to soften the blow when I tell her," I cringed. Every time I think about telling her I can imagine her face of fear, disgust, and terror on her face. When I looked at Naomi she was motioning me toward the butcher block and high stools. I walked over and sat on one of the stools as she walked and stood across from me. She leaned forward.

"Here's what we'll do," she began.

"We?" I asked.

"Yes 'we'! I'm going to make a lunch for two and put it in a picnic basket with a blanket. You take her into the fields of our land and have a picnic. You go in near the afternoon time so when you're done you can lay under the stars. You tell her when you get into talking," she demanded.

"You think it'll work?" I asked. She nodded.

"I mean if she already knows and if she likes you then she wont freak out as much, specially if you've set a romantic mood," she wiggled her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes. We both laughed.

"Here, have a couple more truffles," she handed me some, "Now go on."

She shooed me out of the kitchen. I walked down the hallway and went into my room. I laid on the bed thinking if Naomi's idea would work. It was better than nothing. I sighed and looked at the time. 10:39 pm. I decided to take a quick shower and go to bed. It took me a while, but when I finally did I started to have a wonderful dream about Kat.

We were going on that date that Naomi described, but when I told her what I was she got up and ran. I tried chasing her, but when I caught up to her I was in my wolf form and a look of horror was on her face. All of a sudden Cyrus came into view and she ran to him. I tried telling her not to, but it was too late. He had her in his grasp and he showed his fangs and starting drinking her blood. I woke up immediately. When I looked across my bedroom at the mirror I my eyes were the yellow and half of my body was unnaturally hairy. I lay my head back down and calmed myself down.

Kat would never go out with Cyrus. She already knows he's a vampire and he the asshole of the year. My eyes darted toward the clock. 6:26 am. Would she be up? I grabbed my phone and started to text her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and sorry I got it in a little late :)