The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate (Ch 17)

"Look, I know what the journal is about and I know you've read it. I also know that you know what Chet is and what I am as well," I stated, "I have to say this; I... am a werewolf."

I averted my gaze from her, not wanting to see the horror on her pretty face. All of a sudden I could hear footsteps. I looked up to see her slowly walking to the truck and open the passenger door. She grabbed her purse and came back. When I looked at her face it wasn't of fear, but of determination.

I looked at what she grabbed from her purse. It was her grandmother's journal. She took her necklace off and put it on the journal, which unlocked the journal. She opened the book and flipped to the last page and put it in my hands. I looked at her and her urged me to read it. I read the entry, but it was more of a letter to Kat. Near the end of the letter it suddenly stops and there was a drop of blood. It was no doubt her grandmother's blood.

"I knew about you and at first I was terrified of you, but after the first date I felt like I knew you more than I did myself. After our second date I wasn't afraid of you because if you were going to do something to me you would've already done it."

"And you can stop calling Cyrus Chet," she said. I looked up in shock.she grabbed the book from my hands and found the page with the picture and handed it back to me.

"I read the rest of the journal this morning and I found this; no wonder she never liked him," she said. I knew she would never go for Cyrus! As I thought this we started hearing clapping.

"Well, well aren't we the detective? I hope you two slept fine," Cyrus popped out of no where. He had an evil grin on his face.

"What's that supposed to mean," I said.

"The dream I used my powers to give you two. Clay, you should have seen the look on your face when you woke up!" he laughed. Kat glared at him.

"Damn! Just when I thought I'd never see 'him' again," she mumbled.

"Your going to wish you never said that!" he growled. Before I could even get up Cyrus was already grabbing Kat.

"Ah," she shrieked. He was drinking her blood fast and within a few seconds she was pale. How can he suck her blood when she's wearing the... oh crap! She took the necklace off when she unlocked the journal! I quickly looked for the necklace and grabbed it. I shot up and pushed the necklace deep into his arm. It started burning his arm and he quickly let go of Kat and screamed. I quickly grabbed the unconscious Kat. He glared at me and vanished. I still had hold of Kat, but grabbed her necklace.

"It's going to be ok. I'll make sure of it!" I ran to the car and buckled her in. I got in the driver's seat and stepped on the gas pedal. I raced to my home and carried her inside to search for Ylena. I made sure to keep the necklace in my pocket.

"Ylena! Ylena?" I shouted. Finally I caught her scent with my nose. She was in the kitchen! When I got in there Naomi and Ylena were arguing about some recipe.

"Ylena," I said with a shaky voice. She turned and her eyes widened.

"What happened?" she shot up.

"Cyrus... he sucked most of her blood," I said.

"Come with me," she demanded. We raced to the medical side of the castle. I heard Naomi shout orders and then saw her follow quickly behind us. When we got into a room Ylena ordered for me to go back to the waiting room. I tried to stay, but Naomi pulled me away. We spent hours in the waiting room. Naomi tried to talk to me, but I was so unfocused and worried that I couldn't understand what she was saying. She would leave every once in a while and come back with food and water. Soon it was night time and Naomi was asleep. I was trying to fight off sleep when Ylena came into the room. I shot up, waking Naomi in the process.

"Is she okay?" I asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy the suspenses :) and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!