The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate (Ch 19)

When I woke up I didn't know where I was. I was in a bedroom, but I had no clue where. The last thing I remember was Clay and I were talking about... him being a werewolf. Then... Chet? No, Cyrus. That's right; Cyrus ruined our date and... sucked my blood! I'm such an idiot for taking off the necklace. I unconsciously touched my neck to feel the bite. There was bandages on my neck. I took it off and tried to feel the bite, but it wasn't there. I turned my head and saw the chair right next to me. I slowly got up. The only thing that really hurt was my head and it wasn't that big of a headache.

"I think Clay was here," it smelled like him. I saw the bathroom and went in there. I looked in the mirror and saw that I wasn't wearing my sundress, but a hospital gown. I also realized I smelled different to what I smelled like when I was on my date with Clay. I smelled like coconuts. I looked over at the tub and smelled the body wash. Coconuts. My face went red immediately. How long was I out?

"Oh my god! Where did she go? Clay!" I heard a woman yell. I also heard footsteps coming into the room. I slowly went to the bathroom door and I slowly opened it. It made a creaking noise and both Clay and the girl stood there staring at me.

"Sorry for making you worry," I said, my throat super dry. It made my voice sound different. Clay winced as he gave me a glass of water. He didn't look me in the eyes and when I touched his hand to grab the glass a jolt of electricity went up my arm. He looked at me, shocked, but then he looked away as if disgusted by himself. He quickly left the room and slam the door. I have no idea what I did, but it made me want to cry when he did that.

"What did I do?" I murmured sadly.

"He thinks because Cyrus almost killed you that he needs to stay away from you," the girl said. She looked mad.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" I asked with a puzzled look on my face.

"I'm so sorry! I'm Naomi. I'm the chef and Clay's friend," she shook my hand.

"Here, I brought you some of my clothes to let you borrow," she grabbed a bag and handed it to me, "I'll let you have your privacy. When you're ready I'll be waiting outside and we'll go and take a tour of the castle."

Before I could ask she left. Did she just say castle? I quickly grabbed a long-sleeve green shirt and leggings that looks like skinny jeans. When I looked for my necklace I realized that it was already on my neck. I left the room and Naomi waved at the end of the hall.

"I'll be happy to answer any questions you have," she said as she walked into different rooms. She pointed out everything as we kept on walking.

"How long was I out?" I asked sheepishly.

"About 3 days," she estimated. My grandfather and Maia must be worried sick!

"Who clean and fed me?" I asked.

"I helped a little, but Clay did most of the work," she said as we climbed the stairs, "This is the last floor,"

"This is my kitchen, this is the alpha male's room, and this is Clay's room," she pointed.

"Naomi, there you are! The chefs were---" Ylena came out of the kitchen. She saw me and smiled.

"Your all better it seems!" she exclaimed.

"She is," nodded Naomi, "What's up? What do I need to cook?"

"Brownies! Lucas burned the last batch!" she exclaimed.

"I can make some good brownies," I said.

"Good idea. We're having a party tonight and everyone wants a tasty dessert your brownies are amazing" she complimented me. We went into the kitchen and I wrote down the recipe.

I loved to cook; it kept me busy from my problems. It wasn't Clay's fault, if anything it was mine. If I just so happen to see him I don't know what I'll do. Just as I was thinking this Clay walked into the kitchen. I froze.

"Ylena, my father needs more of your tea," he said, not looking up. When he did we stared at each other. I turned around and started doing other things; respecting his wishes of avoiding me. I started pouring the brownie mix in the pan.

"What is she doing here, she needs her rest!" he demanded as if I wasn't here.

"I'm fine, Clay. Cooking always relaxes me anyway," I say putting the pans in the oven. I acted like I was focusing on brownies so I could avoid eye contact. From the corner of my eye I could see the frustration on his face.

"Fine, whatever you want," he sighed and slammed the kitchen doors. My shoulders sagged. I didn't want to say that, but it annoyed me to think that he thought it was his fault.

"Why don't I make some of my tea and you can bring to Clay with your special brownies?" Ylena asked. I nodded. That's a good idea. I'll tell him it's not his fault. I hope he'll listen to me...
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)