The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate (Ch 22)

"Then please explain to me how it is then," I put the emphasis on it. I crossed my arms.

"Look, could we go somewhere quiet?" shouted Clay. I nodded and carefully followed him into a foreign room. It looked like someone's bedroom. You could still hear and feel the vibrations of the music, but at least we didn't have to yell to hear each other.

"Listen, I'm sorry about earlier I just wanted to get revenge on Cyrus so I tried to find him and so you could be proud of me. Ylena helped me realize that you didn't care and just wanted to be with me," he grabbed my hand and put it in his. His eyes showed how sorry he is and I knew the reasons why he was doing it.

"Look, I know why you're doing it. I heard the story about your mother and I'm sorry, but I'm alive and it was never your fault," I held his cheek with my free hand. He looked up and we stared longingly at each other.

"What about Alex?" he croaked.

"What about him?" I asked.

"You were dancing with him like you two were a couple," he envied. So he was jealous.

"Are you jealous?" I widened my eyes dramatically. He started walking toward me with a weird expression on his face. I started backing up, but then my back hit the wall. Both of his hands were on either side of the wall. Then he said something that surprised me.

"Very," he murmured with desire. My mouth gaped open and he covered it with a passionate kiss. I eagerly kissed back. When he broke off the kiss I was surprisingly sad. He let me free and bowed.

"May I have this next dance?" he asked. I nodded, unable to speak. He gently took my hand and we walked to the dance floor. As if by magic, the pop song ended and a slow dance song began. We danced really slow and it seemed kind of right. Our bodies fitted perfectly. I took my head off his shoulder and we stared at each other while dancing. I could honestly stare at his piercing blue eyes all day, but I wouldn't tell him. When the song ended we decided to get a drink.

"You know I'd never go for Alex. He is buff and he is romantic, but he's nothing like you," I said as he poured us both some fruit punch. He stopped and looked at me is desire on his face. Then he smirked.

"You two enjoying yourselves?" Ylena walked over to refill her punch. We could talk normal now because the DJ was taking a five minute break.

"Very... much," he winked at me as I blushed and looked away. That's when I saw Alex. I should go over and thank him for calming me down earlier. I excused myself and walked over to Alex.

"Makeup with your boyfriend already?" he said pretended to sound disappointed. I laughed.

"Yeah, I guess," I murmured. We both glanced at Clay. He seemed kind of preoccupied in his conversation with Ylena.

"So, what do I owe the pleasure of you taking your time to come over here and speak to me?" he asked. I looked off into the distance.

"Nothing, I just wanted to thank you for calming me down. I was starting to feel a little caged up," I didn't expect him to understand since he practically lived here his whole life. He nodded.

"I understand. You almost die and then you wake up and your in a strange place with people you've never met before and then has to dress up for a party in your honor. You just needed to loosen up a little and have some fun. I don't know what happened between you and Clay, but it seemed to stress you too and that probably didn't help," he explained. I nodded in awe with how correct he was.

"Do you think Clay will let me visit my grandfather? I'm all he has left and he's most likely worried sick about me. Not to mention my best friend, Maia. Oh god, I hope they don't file a missing person with the police," I face palmed my forehead.

"I don't know. I'm sure knowing him he'll let his own mate go and see your family," he said reassuringly. Did he just say mate?

"Is mate what you guys call girlfriend and boyfriend?" I asked. His head snapped toward me.

"Did Clay not tell you?" he asked. I gave him a confused look.

"What are you two talking about," Clay smirked.

"Nothing, nothing. I think Ylena is calling me," Alex held his hands up and left. When Clay gave me a weird look I just shrugged.

"What were you two talking about?" he asked questioningly.

"I sort of started freaking out and Alex helped me calm down," he was going to push the subject, but all of a sudden we were swarmed by werewolves asking questions about us like how we met or how many dates we went on. All the while he had his arm around my waist and I had a goofy smile on my face. At on point in time I could've sworn I felt someone watching us. I mean, all of the werewolves were staring at us, but it seemed like someone else was staring at us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you all for reading :)