The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate (Ch 26)

It was the check that Mr. Sanders had given me after the funeral. Maia widened her eyes angrily. Maia made sure that Clay and Naomi wouldn't see.

"Where did you get that?!" I asked furiously. I stood. I knew I put it in my safe in the closet.

"Does it matter? When were you going to tell me?" she got up too.

"It does matter and I was never going to tell you! Mr. Sander specifically mention that my grandmother wanted me not to tell anyone. It shouldn't matter anyway. What does is matter is you went through my safe!" I yelled. At this time Naomi and Clay got up. They looked confused.

"Well you weren't eating and to be honest you looked like shit. All of a sudden you were fine and eating well. You started acting weird right before Ylena and Clay came over and what was with that book? I've never seen it in my life!" Maia slammed the check on the coffee table. Clay and Naomi looked at it and both of there eyes widened. They looked at each other.

"Ugh," I growled and stormed out of the house. I could hear Maia run after me and Naomi told Clay to wait. Maia, Naomi, and I got into my car. I started it and quickly backed out and hit the road.

"I think we fooled him," I said.

"You both fooled me. I actually thought you two were fighting," explained Naomi, who was sitting in the back of the car.

"I actually didn't know you had the check. Why didn't you tell me?" Maia asked.

"Like I said before my grandmother didn't want me to tell anyone about the book or the check," I quietly said as I turned into the gravel road.

"Speaking of the book what is it about anyway?" she turned and asked.

"It was her diary," I said. She nodded knowing I couldn't say anymore.

"I wish we didn't have to leave Clay in the dark about this, but when he met Chet he didn't want me seeing him anymore. I just want my jacket I left before it had like 40 bucks in the pocket," I said. This is the excuse for going back to Chet's mansion.

"You're stinking rich now; what would you care about $40?" she asked. I shrugged. I put my hand in the pocket and felt the wooden stake Will gave me.

"Here's what you do. Do anything you can to get in the car and drive to Cyrus' mansion. Give Cyrus an excuse that you left something there and find his father. Naomi will stick with Maia for protection; the wooden stick will be your protection. You get to Isaac and stake him and all of the vampires go poof!" Will said excitedly. Naomi shook her head.

"What if Maia sees the vampires go 'poof'?" Naomi asked.

"Well use this then to knock her out and it'll make everything feel like a dream," he held a dissolvable pill. He gave it to Naomi.

"What about Clay? What will happen when he finds out what we did?" I asked.

"Believe me he'll be mad at you at first, but you're his mate. He'll forgive you before the ritual starts.

"Well, are you going to answer me or not?" Maia asked. She startled me out of my thoughts.

"$500,000 is not rich and I'm not using that money unless something... financial happens," I said. The rest of the way there no one spoke. When we got there every single room in the mansion had it's light on.

We walked up to the mansion and knocked on the door. No one was coming so I used the door bell. Of course Cyrus opened it.

"What do you ladies want?" he said in monotone. He was starring at me.

"I left my jacket in your mansion; wondering if you could let me in and grab it. I'm pretty sure I left it in your bathroom," I raised my eyebrows.

"Which one?" he smirked. His face was telling me bring it on.

"Oh, I don't know," I thought which floor his father's room was at, "Third floor, next to the library."

"Come on in," he said. When we got in there seemed to be hundreds of vampires in just one room. I looked at Naomi who urged me to go. We slit up. I walked the stairs to the third floor and went right instead of left which was where the bathroom was. I touched the wooden stake as I walked into Cyrus' father's, Isaac, room.

"What do you think you're doing?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this story so far! Please recommend if you like this story :)