The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate The Ritual (Ch 30)

Everyone was running to get ready to have the ritual. They were all rushing as was I. We had to do the ritual the day that the alpha male died and it was almost midnight. I had my book and the white church robe on. I snickered as I watched Clay and Kat getting ready. Kat wore a long red dress and a tiara. Naomi was putting on her make up and fixing her hair. She was also preparing her arm for taking the blood out of it.

Clay, on the other hand, was in the tuxedo his father was in. Will was putting his hair in a ponytail and fixing his bow tie. All of the adult werewolves were cleaning up the ritual room. By the time everything was ready it was ten minutes until midnight.

"Ylena, I'm nervous," Kat whispered to me as all three of us walked to the room. It didn't matter if she whispered and she knew that.

"It's okay, Kat, I am too," Clay whispered to her and grabbed her hand. They looked good together. Clay looked as nervous as Kat. I knew him and besides loving his parents he never loved anyone like he loved Kat. I could see it in his eyes. I could see it in Kat's eyes too, except there was some uncertainty in them. She was human after all and she took all of this pretty well. Her grandmother would be proud.

I read from the book as quickly as I could. Five minutes until midnight. I grabbed the goblets as they slowly cut each other and drank from the goblets. Clay looked really pale and didn't look so good.

"Do you accept each other's love?" I asked. They both looked at each other.

"Yes," they both said nervously.

"Clay, you may kiss your mate," she nudged him. And he did; in such a passionate way too. I smiled. Clay told me he was going to do the human ritual called marrying her. Werewolves weren't familiar with most human cultures because we shut ourselves off from them. I helped Clay plan what humans called a wedding and even though I knew nothing about it I still thought I was beautiful.

The look in Kat's eyes showed that she wasn't afraid anymore and Clay smiled the biggest grin I've ever seen. He gave her another kiss that was sloppy. He grabbed Kat and carried her out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about not updating I've bee busy, but I'm back! Hope you enjoyed this special chapter :)