The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate (Ch 7)

"Sure, I'll be in the car. Goodbye, I'll call you Kat," Ylena left as I waved her off. I closed the door and slowly turned.

"So my jerk of a boyfriend made reservations for four at Pastosa da Italia tomorrow night. It's an Italian restaurant. The jerk forgot Kat broke up with her boyfriend about a month ago so could you be her date for tomorrow?" Maia grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled me beside her so I couldn't get away. Oh. My. God. My cheeks were as red as Mars right now. I could not have been more humiliated in that moment.

"Sure, I'll go," Clay calmly said. Wait what? I lifted my head. Did I hear him right?

"You will?" I asked surprised. He nodded and smiled. Then he left. A couple seconds later my grandfather came in.

"Who was that man that was at the door?" he asked, not bothering to say hello. I was hoping that there would be a chance that Ylena and Clay would've left before he came home, but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

"That man was her date for tomorrow night," Maia calmly said. She grabbed a magazine and flipped through the pages, pretending to be interested in an article. I shook my head.

"Maia!" I shouted. I punched her arm hard.

"Ow,"

"Wow, he's a looker. You did good," my grandfather winked. I threw the couch pillow at him, but he dodged it. He went into his bedroom and came back out with pajamas in his hand.

"I think I'll take a shower and go to bed a little early tonight. Goodnight, Kat. Goodnight, Maia," he kissed me on the forehead and went into the bathroom. We waited until we heard the door shut to start talking.

"I bet you can't wait until tomorrow night!" Maia squealed.

"I can't! By the way, what does Pastosa da Italia translate to?"

"It means "pasta from Italy". It's supposed to have pasta that restaurants in Italy make."

"I heard that's expensive. Did Chet decide to take you there? I thought you wanted to brake up with him."

"Yeah, it was my idea and I thought if I was going to break up with him I might as well get a good meal out of it."

That might sound harsh and I would've talked her out of it, but this was Chet. He is the most selfish man I've ever met in my life. My grandmother never let him come in the house. She suggested that Maia should break up with him, but she would hold it off or give lame excuses. It's good to hear she'll actually go through with it.

"We should totally go to the mall tomorrow!" I exclaimed, "So you can rub it in his face when he brakes up with you!"

"Best. Idea. Ever." Maia squealed, again. We went into my room and changed into pajamas. We tried to sleep, but we both were excited for tomorrow.

"Are you going to be okay? I mean it's good your finally breaking up with him, but you and I both know it's gonna hurt," I winced.

"It'll be okay. If we go shopping I'll be fine. Besides, you know that clerk at the coffee shop? He's been flirting with me ever since he was hired there so I think I'll go out with him,"

*****************************************

We got up a little later than we wanted to because we talked through most of the night. We both dressed in something casual and easy to get off. We went to my car and I drove us to the mall in the next town over. We walked into about three clothing stores before we found the perfect outfits. When we were done we were pooped. Maia decided we should go to the café that her admirer was working at and I got to meet him for the first time. I only heard about him, but he was cute.

He had light brown hair with blue eyes. He kind of looked like Stephen Amell. He was really nice; the total opposite of Chet.

"Hi, Darren. This is Kat. Kat this is Darren," she introduced us. We shook hands.

"Hello, Darren. I've heard so much about you on the car ride over here," we both laughed while Maia mentally face palmed herself.

"Okay, I deserved that from embarrassing you yesterday," Maia groaned.

"Ha. So when will you go on a date with me?" Darren said boldly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys, hoped you liked this chapter. I added two new characters :)