The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate (Ch 8)

"Ugh, fine. If you'll stop asking me then I'll go out with you," Maia pretended to be nonchalant. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. She must be screaming on the inside.

"How about tomorrow night at 4:30. My shift ends early," he said, "I'll text you before the end of my shift." With that we left the shop.

"You guys already have each other's phone numbers?" I questioned.

"Shut up," muttered Maia. We both laughed as we got in my car.

By the time we got home the sky was turning orange. Clay was the first to come and he was right on time. He wore a white shirt with a black blazer and new black jeans. On the other hand I wore a dress where the top was white and the skirt part was pink with a jean jacket to compliment it.

"Hi, Kat. You look amazing," he looked in awe. For a second I thought I could see his eyes shining.

"You look great, too," I blushed. I let him in and offered him a drink. We sat in the living room and watched TV and talked.

"Hey, where'd you get that necklace? I didn't see you buy it today. It looks kind of familiar," observed Maia.

"Oh, I didn't buy it. I got it from my grandmother's will. That's why Mr. Sanders and I had a meeting the other day. This necklace was really important to her," I said as I unconsciously touched the necklace. I glanced at Clay to look at his expression. He didn't look surprised; just calm.

"It's a wonderful necklace. The jewel in the middle of the moon goes with your blue eyes," Clay said. I blushed again. He didn't seem to know about what the necklace meant. I wonder if he was a really good actor or if my grandmother really was crazy.

The sky turned dark before Maia finally went into my room and tried to call Chet. Of course he would forget about the reservations. I couldn't wait for Maia to break up with the jerk.

"I'm sorry about the wait. Maia's boyfriend is full of himself. Between you and me, she's going to break up with him tonight," I said.

"I'm sorry," he replied.

"Don't be if anything you should congratulate her. He is a high class jerk!" I exclaimed.

"Well then good for her," he smiled. We started talking about other things. We had more stuff in common than I thought.

"Hi, sorry guys, he's coming now. I forgot all about it, the jerk!" Maia exclaimed. When Chet finally got to our house he was wearing his white business suit and had the expression that he could care less.

"Come on, let's go, I have other things to do," Chet turned and got in his car. He turned it on and waited for Maia to get in the car. Clay opened the car door for me and helped me in the car.

"Clay is so considerate and he's smart! We have the same likes and dislikes and he's so hot. He makes me feel special too," I thought all of the good things about Clay on the ride to Pastosa da Italia. When we got there Clay held door for me and even pulled my chair out for me to sit in.

Clay and I really chatted it up. Maia was quiet and Chet was too busy texting God knows who. She was really steaming and I thought if we didn't go to the bathroom she was going to slap him.

"We're going to the lady's room," I grabbed her arm and rushed off.

"Hurry back," Clay said.

"Have fun," Chet mumbled.

I dragged Maia into the bathroom. I let go of her once we were in there. I quickly checked myself in the mirror.

"Thanks for getting me out of there," sighed Maia. I nodded. We waited a couple of minutes before heading back to the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy the chapter! Like I said don't be afraid to message me and please if you like this story, recommend it :)