The Werewolf's Mate

The Werewolf's Mate (Ch 9)

"Way to make her pissed at you," I calmly said. Occupying myself with the menu. Chet sighed and put down his phone.

"It's been a long time, Clay," Chet said sarcastically.

"Really? I guess I've too busy to notice," I smirked.

"How's your dad. I hope I didn't hurt him too badly," Chet smirked back. We glared at each other and then went back to looking at our menus. So he was the one that attacked my father? He was going to pay. I glanced at the woman's bathroom, making sure the girls weren't coming out yet.

"Where'd you get the name Chet, Cyrus? I asked.

"Why, I don't know what you mean," Chet pretended.

"Let's cut to the chase, Cyrus, why are you here?" I demanded.

"I see you've found your mate," Cyrus nonchalantly said.

"Don't you dare touch her!" I growled.

"Keep your skin on. I couldn't touch her even if I wanted to," Cyrus chuckled. His phone started vibrating.

"Who is it you keep on texting?" I asked.

"My father. He wants me to tell you congratulations on finding your mate," he grinned.

"You didn't!" I exclaimed.

"I did. Soon all of the vampire nation will know about your precious Kat," he laughed.

"Kat was right about you, you are a jerk," I mumbled.

"What dish doesn't have garlic?!" he sighed, ignoring my comment. I chuckled.

"The cheesy bread is the only thing I could see," I laughed.

"I guess I'll make a special order something without garlic," he mumbled.

"What a spoiled prince," I mumbled back.

"We're back!" Kat said happily. She was practically dragging Maia back to the table. Maia sat down and sighed. The ringtone on Maia's phone went off and she checked it. It was a text and whoever it was brightened her day. I could feel the anger rolling off of Cyrus.

"Who's texting you?" he questioned.

"I could ask you the same thing," she glared. Cyrus was about ready to hurt someone when our waitress came over.

"Hi, is everybody ready to order?" our waitress asked.

"Yes. I want the spaghetti algio without the garlic," Cyrus ordered.

When he said without garlic Kat's head snapped up. Her eyes widened and she began to stare at Cyrus. I was beginning to wonder if she already knew about vampires and werewolves. She said she would wear the necklace whenever she could because of her grandma, but I think she's wearing it because she knows of the powers it holds. I'm glad she's wearing it, though.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I touched her hand. It sent a jolt of electricity up my arm again. I was never going to get used to that. She seemed to calm down when she looked at me and blinked.

"Yeah," she said shyly. She pulled her hair out of her face and squeezed my hand. I looked over at Cyrus who was staring at us.

"You owe me," I mouthed. He rolled his eyes and checked his phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Over 30 readers! :D hope you enjoyed this chapter!