I Better Be Careful

Chapter: prologue

They say your first kiss will be the one you marry. That might be true, but definitely not for me. My first kiss was a boy, and that boy was Ricky Olson. We were friends until that very day in seventh grade. You see, my brother introduced me to him when Ricky and I were both in first grade. My brother's name is Luke, but he's technically my step brother/cousin. He was adopted into my house, but that's a different story for a different time.

|·|Flashback|·|

"Tag! You're it!" Calum screamed as he tagged Mike.

"That's not fair! I was tying me shoe!" Mike, the eighth grader screamed back but that didn't stop the rest of the players to stop running. Ricky dragged me to a secret hideout that only we knew about. Every single game we came to this spot underneath the big oak tree by the jungle gym to talk. I had a funny feeling that maybe we shouldn't hide under here, but I looked past it. I didn't want to leave Ricky here all by himself.

"Dude, I love how no one even thinks to look back here!" Ricky, my best friend laughed. He had a cute laugh! I swear he did! He looked deep into my eyes, and I looked back into his.

We sat there for about six minutes in silence but thankfully it wasn't awkward silence. It was really peaceful and calming. I didn't want it to end, but it did.

"You have really pretty eyes! They're really pretty." Ricky blurted out, when I looked at him, his cheeks were beat red.

I always knew I was different from the other boys in my grade. I knew I was different, but only because of the gender I liked. I never talked about which girl had the cutest butt or which girl was the prettiest. Never did. Instead, I would talk about Full House or puppies. Honestly, I was the stereotypical gay boy. I liked flowers, I loved the color pink, and I loved looking at boy's butts. I was mostly friends with girls, except for Mike, Calum, Vic, Ricky, Ashton, Harry, and Niall.

Ricky and I were complete opposites. He wore all black, eyeliner, he had shoulder length dyed black hair, and three lip rings. People always asked why we were friends, and we'd always say we're "Brothers."

"Thank you..." I said as I watched his eyes look at my lips, and back up to my eyes.

"You're welcome... I was thinking..."

"Yea-" I was saying before Ricky cut me off.

He leaned in and kissed me. It was magical, and it actually lasted for two whole minutes. Yeah, it lasted for two whole minutes until he broke it off by pushing me up to the slide. His hand was around my neck and his grip was tight.

"Wha-What are you doing?!" I choked out and he started grinding into me.

I was so confused on what was going on but that's when we heard footsteps.

It was his brother Ronnie. Ronnie was in tenth grade at the time, but he failed so many times.

"What the fuck are you doing to my brother you faggot!" Ronnie screamed as Ricky stepped away from me and Ronnie grabbed me by my shirt.

"Please... please! I'm sorry!"

"Oh, you're going to be sorry!"

With that; he held me still with his left hand while his right hand came crashing down on my eye. He punched me three good times in the face. Once in the right eye, left cheek, and the other cheek.

"You ever do that to my brother again... I'll beat you worse. Got I?" Ronnie asked, and I nodded. He wanted an answer.

"Answer me!"

"Sorry sir!" I felt embarrassed for calling him sir, but I think he liked it.

"Good and Ricky. From now on make his life a living hell." Ronnie said before walking away.

I couldn't even look at Ricky without wanting to throw up all over his converse. That would probably have gotten me killed by him.

"Why are you doing this!? You kissed me I didn't kiss you!" I screamed and it was because I was full of rage. How dare he fuck with my emotions.

"Because you fucking made this way! You gave me your fucking disease! And if you tell anyone... I'll put you in the goddamn hospital myself. Without Ronnie. With your goddamn pink shirts, your pink everything! I hate pink, I hate gays, and I hate your pathetic ass!" Ricky, my fake best friend said as he purposely spit on me before walking away.

Me. A seventh grader had just gotten his heart ripped out of him, and I thought it couldn't have gotten worse... but boy was I wrong.

|·|End of Flashback|·|

"Mikey! Wake up! I swear to god If we're late on the first day! We're going to have some issues!" My brother Luke said as he started shaking me.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I yelled as I sat up out of bed by myself.

"I thought you'd be happy? You're a junior now! One more year!" Luke smiled as he handed me my clothes.

"Yeah, but I have to see Balz, Ricky, Chris, and Ryan. Oh Tony told me that Ricky and them are in all my classes. Even gym. This is going to suck!"

"Hey! I'm in your gym!"

"But you're a super, super, super senior! That looks bad!"

"I got held back the first time because I broke my neck on the football field. The second time I had to get back surgery, and the third time was because I wanted to protect you."

"Protect me from what?"

"Ronnie and Ricky. You know they're both in our gym. Our teacher doesn't care what we do as long as we don't sit down. He's always in his office doing who knows what?!"

"Okay. I'm almost eighteen... I can take care of myself!"

"You won't be saying that when Ricky puts you in the trashcan again? In front of everybody! While they laugh at you, even the teacher's laugh? Or when Ronnie pants you? Or when Ricky asks you if you give it or get it, when Ricky steals your gym clothes, when Ricky beats you up at lunch outside? When they pull your underwear up over your head? O-"

"Did you have to bring all those up!?!"

"Yes.'

"I'm pretty sure I can take care of myself. This year, I'm on high alert! He's not going to do any of those things. Or Ronnie for that matter."

"I'll believe it in June."

"Can we just go!?"

"After you!"

We then headed out for Hell. This year will be different! I smiled to myself as we got into his car.