Status: This is my first story on here, please let me know what you think.

Captivity

Epilogue

Alana wiped her brow with the back of her hand, slowly chasing the boy who’d only just learned how to run. The sun was hot as it pelted down on them and she saw the child hiding between his father’s legs. Kai picked him up, meeting Alana halfway.
Her heart skipped a beat every time she saw the two of them together. There was no denying that this boy was his. The same dark hair, the same devilish grin, though his eyes were set like hers they shined blue as dazzling as Kai’s.
Ewen smiled around the thumb in his mouth, reaching with his other hand to grab his daddy’s shirt as they walked up the hill. The castle that had been completely in ruins when they arrived almost two years earlier was finally finished, inside and out.
“Ready to see our new home?” Kai whispered to her. Her chest tightened, knowing it was going to be perfect; even if it wasn’t in Scotland.
He passed Ewen to her and the boy clung to her, resting his tiny head on her shoulder, seemingly worn out for the moment as he sucked his thumb. Kai pushed the doors open, leading her inside, giving her the tour. She’d not seen it any of it except for the outside, from a distance, where it was safest for her.
It was everything she could’ve imagined for them. His men were sent to fetch their things in the cottage he’d built for them to live in over the last two years and they moved in.
She rocked her baby to sleep, humming lightly as she felt his breathing. He was her miracle, a sign that her new life was going to give her everything she deserved. She pulled his blanket over him, smoothing his hair as her song continued. Finally she put Ewen in his bed and left the room, thankful he was still close by in this much bigger home.
Climbing into bed beside Kai she couldn’t help but smile. He put his arm around her, keeping her close. “What is it?” he asked, letting her settle on her side next to him.
She held his hand at her heart, “I’d do it all over again. I’d choose you all over again.” She could feel him smiling behind her.
He kissed her shoulder softly, “So would I,” he said quietly, “In a heartbeat.”