For Her

Prologue

There isn’t much Tyler remembers about the first night he met Kelsey. He knows they were at a bar. He knows they had won that night. And he knows he had two goals and an assist. He’s pretty sure Jamie was hell-bent on getting him drunk. And he’s pretty sure that he was okay with it.
​​​
But Tyler hadn’t had a night like that since he got traded to Dallas. That kind of night was in his past. In his Boston days. And he wanted them to stay there. It’s true what they say- Tyler took the trade to Boston as a huge wake up call. He used it as a life-changing situation. He started to get his act together. And damn it, if he wasn’t suddenly playing like one of the best players in the league and not just a “decently talented kid” who "got lucky" and won the Cup.

He still went out and partied, of course. He still drank and hooked up with pretty women. He’d be an idiot not to, with all the southern girls suddenly throwing themselves at him. But he didn’t get that crazy anymore.

Anyways. That night, Tyler remembers walking into the bar. And the next thing he remembers is waking up with a naked blonde in his bed. The used condom on his floor told him everything he needed to know about the events that transpired.

When she finally woke up and he could take in more about her than her naked back and long blonde hair, he was decently impressed. Her palm-sized breasts were clearly real. There wasn’t too much makeup now smudged on his pillow. And she grabbed a dress from his floor that wasn’t just a sheer flimsy piece of fabric.

He kinda regretted not remembering what it felt like to be with her.

She did sorta have a mini panic attack when she realized that she had been sleeping in Tyler Seguin’s bed. That she had actually slept with him. So maybe she wasn’t as down to earth and real as he initially thought. But she still wasn’t a full blown bunny.

She was just a bunny in training, probably. A Bunny Lite, Jamie had joked.

Tyler, the ever gentlemanly host, offered her breakfast. Which she accepted. (They always did.) The two discussed the game, and Tyler was impressed to find out that she actually knew a little bit about the sport. She knew most of the rules, and could actually carry a conversation about the quality of the game.

When it was time for her to leave, Tyler felt himself actually not wanting it to end. So he asked her for her number, and gave her a kiss on the cheek good bye.

That one night turned into a long-term relationship. It was by far the longest Tyler had ever been in. He wasn’t a great boyfriend at first, but Kelsey was patient. She told him when he did something wrong, and praised him when he did something right. She understood that sometimes hockey had to come first, which was way different than some of the other girls Tyler had tried to date in the past.

In a shocking turn of events, Kelsey found out a year into their relationship that she was pregnant.

Tyler’s initial reaction was to panic and throw a fit. He wasn’t ready to be a father. Was she sure it was his? How was this going to affect his career? Kelsey wasn’t exactly thrilled about it, either. She had a career to think about too. Maybe it wasn’t the same as being a professional hockey player. But she still had a life on her own outside of being Tyler Seguin’s girlfriend.

Their whole attitudes changed that first time they went to the doctor’s, though. The first time they heard their little baby’s heartbeat. The first time they saw it on the monitor, barely the size of a pea.

Tyler knew in that instant that he was going to love and cherish and take care of this child until the day that he died.

Then they found out that it was going to be a girl and Tyler’s whole world was rocked again. Sure, Tyler was kinda hoping it would be a little boy so that he could have someone to teach hockey to. But now, Tyler was going to have a little princess to spoil. He was going to have a baby girl to protect from boys and take to father-daughter dances. He was going to have to spend his off-days throwing tea parties for a room of stuffed animals.

Tyler suddenly couldn’t wait for his little girl to be born.

Kelsey went into labor on a night that Tyler didn’t have a game. The two were cuddling on the couch watching some Cameron Diaz movie when Kelsey suddenly gasped. Tyler felt the couch get wet and realized immediately that her water had broken.

Ten hours later, Tyler had a very sore hand and a very beautiful baby girl in his arms. He wasn’t ashamed to admit that he bawled his eyes out the second the nurse put her into his care. She was just so perfect in every way.

Because Kylie Marie Seguin represented a part of Tyler that could never be replicated.​​
♠ ♠ ♠
Please enjoy :)