Hope for the Best

Chapter 3

Josh’s Pov

Wish I had seen Sean’s face when he got my letters. I knew the second one wasn’t good and Sean must be freaked out. I’m thinking of writing the last one in a few days. It’s going to be more special. I’ll introduce myself and tell him who I am. Seriously, I want him to know me and I’ll give him my contacts. I hope he’ll write me back. I love Sean so much. I won’t put a photo of myself yet but if he asks for it then I will. I know that Sean is straight but there had been too many rumors of him being gay.

I got myself a new friend yesterday. I just met him in the record store while he was buying one of The Blackout’s albums. His name is Max Helyer. He’s awesome and understood my love for Sean though he doesn’t get any “feels” like I do. I’ve talked with him much and he didn’t freak out about anything. I’m so grateful and he says I’d look cute with Sean. That made me so happy and I kept dreaming about Sean…

***
The last letter for Sean was nice to write. I told my name was Josh Franceschi and that Sean looked at my camera at their gig recently. I also let him know how old I was and where I lived but I said I’ll move to Merthyr Tydfil soon. I know it’s bad but I just had to! Then I said some usual stuff and why he’s so important to me. In the end I wrote: “I love you Sean.” And there was my address too.
I sighed and thought how is Sean going to react to that? I really hope he’ll reply to me. I didn’t want him to know my phone number it’ll be too awkward for both of us if he called me. The letter is a better way to contact at the moment. I know that all of this is stupid because I want to date my idol. It’s crazy because he wouldn’t date a fan and it would be so weird. I’m a few years younger than him but I’m an adult which is a good point.

***
On the next day I spent some time with Max. We were shopping for new clothes. I know it sounds like I want to impress Sean but I’m not even seeing him! I needed something else to do than sitting on my bed and imagining that Sean’s with me. I daydream about Sean all the time but at least I was hanging out with Max. I’m not good with being alone. That’s why I need Sean by my side also.
“Josh, aren’t these great?” Max asks showing me some black jeans.
“Yes they are!” I smiled.
“I think these could suit you.” Max told me and gave other jeans.
“Okay I’ll try them.” I said and put those jeans on.
“You look so good. I think Sean would like them too.” Max smirked.
“Thanks.” I blushed and then giggled. Max was the best!

***
I showed my letter to Max first before I sent it to Sean. Max said it was good and liked how I told Sean that I loved him. Max knew it was right to tell everything to the person you love. Max had been in the situation where he couldn’t tell his feelings towards his friend and he regrets it.
“You’re brave Josh! Sean is your idol but that doesn’t stop you to tell him that you want him!” Max said supportively and hugged me before he left my house. I went to sleep with smile on my face. I actually had a good feeling about all of this.

Sean’s Pov

I woke up at 10am. I slowly put my clothes on and ate cereal for breakfast. Haha I still eat them even though I’m an adult! After eating and putting the dishes to the sink, I went to get today’s mail. I wasn’t surprised that there was a letter again. I sat down the sofa to read the letter. So that fan’s name is Josh Franceschi? Hmm, doesn’t sound familiar at all. Wait, he was at our gig in London I think? I remember looking straight to some fan’s camera and he was male. That’s gotta be Josh. I don’t remember his face well though. I read the rest of the letter and my jaw dropped. He admitted his love for me… oh my god! I’m so speechless what I’m going to do? He did even write down his address. Should I write him back? No it’s a bad idea! But I think he’s sweet after all and being his idol, the least I can do is to give him my autograph. Yep I’ll write something back for Josh and maybe I should meet him also? God knows what could happen then but I actually want to meet one of our fans even though he has feelings for me.