Status: First story on here...Hope it turns out okay!

Puppet

Protector

Lincoln's POV

To say I'm pissed would be putting it lightly. First of all, Bessie, my beloved black motorcycle, is in the garage for a check-up; secondly, I have to drive a car, something that I really do not enjoys; and thirdly, I have to give a stupid tour of my house to some TV 'super stars'.

“So, what the most haunted room of the mansion?” Zak Bagans, the main presenter/ investigator, asks, looking around once we've stepped through the door.
“Oh, its Lincoln's room” my mother rushes in, her hands clasped together while a huge smile stretches across her face. “We think its because that's where she spend most of her time and the spirits tend to gravitate towards her.”
“Yeah, because they wouldn't be able to get a word in edgewise during a conversation with you” I roll my eyes. I hear the bald technician, Aaron Goodwin, snort. I'm lucky that my mom is my best-friend, or I would have got my ass kicked for that.

I suppose some would think having my mom as my best-friend was sweet, that its good we have that type of relationship. Others would think its sad, why would a twenty-three year old want to hang out with her mother a lot? But my mother has been the only one there for me.

After the car accident, ghosts seemed more open to me. Better able to communicate with me. We've always thought it was because of that time period where I was presumed dead. That doesn't really mean anything to me though, I've been speaking to the spirits for as long as I can remember.

“There were house on this land before the mansion was built, home to many people. The Black Death hit here too, killing most of the residents, we have a spirit who claims The Black Death for her passing over” I begin. “Years later, when my family came to the area and with the use of African slaves, the mansion was built. Many died from the heat, dehydration... the long working ours. This is Nevada, you can't work outside for twelve hours straight.”

I lead the Ghost Adventures crew into the large dining room. Its a long room with a table large enough to seat fifteen people. The table wasn't set, wouldn't be until around five o'clock. Onto the peach walls were family paintings, each member of the family in a gold frame. The framed painting of me was on the far end wall, right in middle, due to me being the current owner of the Stark mansion. Legally, at least.

“This is the room where my great-great-great-great-grandfather was murdered” I say, indicting to the table. “He was poisoned during a large business meal.”
Zak nodded, walking closer towards me. “Cool, do you think hi-Whoa! Whoa! Do you feel that?!” He swept his arm around the space to my right. “Dude, its a freaking cold zone!”
“Its just Ollie, he's harmless” I shrug, walking back towards the door.
“Ollie?” Aaron Goodwin asks.
“Dude, Lincoln, its following you” Zak says.
“He always does, I'm used to it. There are only certain times when he leaves me alone” I reply to Zak before looking towards Aaron. “Ollie was a slave, his picture's in the hall.”
“When does he leave you alone?” Nick Groff asks.
I look at all three of them, considering lying. I sigh, deciding on telling the truth. “When I'm naked.”

I walk out of the dining room, into the opening hallway again. Take a few steps to my left, I stop and face the wall. There is a picture on the wall, framed with dark oak. Its a picture of a selection of slaves, none of them look very please.

“That's him, Olivander Anto... He was only twenty-eight when he died” I sigh, pointing to Ollie in the picture.

I'll admit that Ollie was a good looking man. His nose was large, yet it seemed to somehow even out his thin face. His eyes were quite small but they still seemed bright in the old photograph. His bottom lip was large while his thinner upper lip rested above. His hair was near non-existent, just a little bit more than Aaron.

“How did Ollie die?” Zak asks, gazing at the photograph.
“You'd have to ask him that, its not my place to tell” I reply.
“Has...has he ever done anything scary?” Aaron asks.
“He unintentionally killed someone” I shrug. “I freaking congratulate him everyday for it too.” The crews eyebrows raised and then the question of what happened was put forward. “I was home alone one night, mom and dad had went out for the weekend. I got up to get a drink and when I was walking towards the stairs, someone grabbed me. Ollie scared them, threw a chair at them or something... the guy fell over the landing banister, cracked his skull.” I walk over to the spot. “Right here.”
“Deserved” a voice said, one I knew to be my protector.
“Did you hear that?!” Aaron exclaims, he's standing the closest to me. “It sounded like something saying 'deserved'.”
“It was Ollie” I inform them. “He likes to try and talk a lot... fails most of the time though.”

We continue the walk through, going through any of the important rooms; including my room. It was kind of embarrassing to have the crew get my room on tape, what with all the posters on the wall, but there was nothing I could do about it.

“The Walking Dead?” Nick says, coming upon my comic book collection.
“Yeah, zombies... I really hope they make a TV show or movie or something” I sigh.

The Walking Dead is my favourite comic book series, I've been hooked since it came out in 2003. I love the way that the characters have to fight to survive but still try to hold on to their humanity.

I lead the way back down stairs and into the dining room again, where we all sit down. Aaron and Nick check over their cameras, headphones in to make sure they have captured everything they need to.

“Why don't you come on the lock-down with us?” Zak suggests, looking at me seriously.
“Me? Really?” I ask, eyebrows raised.
“Yeah. I mean, come on Lincoln, if what you guys say is true, you're a true spirit magnet. That'll mean great results for us! Come on, what harm will it do?” he smiles.
I sigh, I had always wanted to find out more about the spirits wondering around my house. I could also help protect the crew. “Fine but on one condition. I've seen your show, I know you like to annoy the spirits to get them to communicate. You have to be super careful here, Mr Lou is already probably pissed off that you have cameras here.”
“Yeah, course, yeah” he nods. “This is gonna be so awesome!”

I roll my eyes, he's like a kid at Christmas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter which introduces a character which I am very excited about! Hope this is a good chapter :)

Zacky Baker - I'm so glad it was okay, I was really nervous about it. Hope this chapter was okay :)