Sequel: Family Ties
Status: Part 1

Everything I Didn't Say

Chapter 12

Alexa had wanted to race home to be with her children but Arilia had assured her that her father could deal with whatever hurdles may arise while she was out. That still didn’t stop the niggling feeling inside her that made her certain that Louis would end up on her doorstep again and this time he wouldn’t leave so easily.

“Lex? Alexa?” Arilia had been talking to her but she had spaced out and was lost in her own thoughts. Quickly she snapped back into reality and looked at her dark haired friend who was holding her Cappachino in her hands.

“Sorry what?” she apologised shaking her her lightly.

“I was just saying that we should go try out that dance class out we saw earlier today.” Arilia repeated herself to her friend before taking a sip of her coffee. “It’s fun, stress-free and a night away from the kids.”

“I couldn’t do that,” Alexa said as she looked down at her half full latte.”

“Oh come on, you know you want to. You were the one always telling me she wanted to try out dancing.” Alexa couldn’t deny that she had always wanted to learn how to dance even from a young age but with her mother’s alcohol problem and her father busy with work it made it impossible.

“It’s harder now…”

“No it’s not, surely your dad won’t mind watching Ella and Will for a couple of hours for one night a week…” Arilia was determined to get her friend out of the house and out socialising with other women instead of being cooped up indoors all day everyday. “Plus it will get your mind off everything Lex and god knows you need a break,” this time Arilia’s tone was gentler as she reached out on of her hands and gently rested it over her friends’.
The brown haired mother looked up at her friend and saw the kind smile that was spread across it. Alexa knew Arilia was right, she knew that not only would taking a dance class get her out of the house but it would help her keep her mind away from what was going on at the moment. Slowly she nodded her head.

“Alright, I’ll give it a go.” a squeal left her friends lips as she squeezed her hand tightly.

“This is going to be so much fun.” before Alexa could say anything she had been whisked off her feet and pulled out of the cafe and into the direction of the dance studio the two women had passed earlier.

As soon as the two came to the doors Alexa suddenly became very hesitant and didn’t want to enter, but Arilia pulled her through the doors before she had time to run. The two women entered the building and were greeted by the sound of loud music and partners dancing together.

“Wow, this is so exciting!” Arilia squealed earning a smile from the brunette. The two must have looked lost because before they knew it a young woman was standing in front of them a welcoming smile spread across her face.

“Hello Ladies… how can I help you?”

“Yes, my friend and I would like to join a dance class,” Arilia said it so easily, the words spilled from her lips and Alexa didn’t have a chance to stop her before they had been ushered over to the counter.

“Of course, my name is Lisa, I teach Latin.” she spoke as she began thumbing her way through the pages of what looked like a diary. “Couple?” she asked lifting her head and smiling kindly.

“Single,” both the girls said simultaneously. Lisa allowed a small laugh to leave her lips.

“Of course, now do you ladies have a preference as to what you would like to learn.”

“All of it,” the words left Alexa’s lips without her realising, quickly she looked down at the ground as she felt her cheeks flushing.

“I’m with her,” Arilia wrapped one of her arms around her friend squeezing her close. She’s a little shy.”

“Awww, that’s cute, now would you like to dance tonight? Or would prefer to watch for a while and see what we do?”

“Can we just watch for a while… please?” Alexa asked lifting her head she watched as Lisa nodded her head happily.

“Of course, just take a seat, I am about to teach a class.” with that Alexa nodded her head along with Arilia as they turned and walked over to the seats. Alexa watched as Lisa welcomed a medium sized group of people before telling them each to pair up.

The room soon filled with an uptempo beat as they began to move to the music, they were beginners it was obvious by how Lisa was weaving between the bodies and helping out where they were going wrong such as hand placement and steps. The two friends sat watching a smile spread across each of their faces as they realised it wouldn’t be long and they would also be doing this and learning.


The class gradually drew to a close and Lisa bid the dancers goodbye with a kind smile, each member began to pile out perspiration obvious on their skin, the women’s hair stuck to their neck while the mens shirts clung to their backs.

“Well there you have it girls, that is what I will be teaching you.”

“Looks amazing!” Alexa gushed out happily. Lisa chuckled nodding her head.

“I’m glad. Anyways girls I am about to head off so I will see you next week?”

“Of course,” Alexa and Arilia answered together. Lisa nodded her head before walking away from the two friends.

“Well I guess it is time I got home,” Alexa sighed getting to her feet.

“I guess, Ryan will be wondering what has happened to me,” the two girls laughed as they exited the dance room and headed back to their homes.

Alexa oblivious to what was in store for her when she walked through the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm, what is in store for Alexa when she gets home I wonder?
Anyways thanks to all who read, subscribed and recommended.
Shout out to lion eyes for her comment... Thanks so much darling :)
Till next time.
Cheers Esther
Image