Sequel: Family Ties
Status: Part 1

Everything I Didn't Say

Chapter 17

Alexa had woken early to tidy her house and make it a little more presentable for Louis when he came around to spend time with Will and Ella. Alexa had managed to sweep and mop the floors, do the dishes, fold the clothes and clean the bathroom all while the twins still slept soundly. The mother of two hurried back to her bedroom changing into something more appropriate, sweat pants and torn old shirt did not fit the criteria.

Alexa decided to have a shower before changing, she felt sweaty and horrible from the two hours of work she had just done. Stepping under the spraying water she quickly washed herself before stepping out and wrapping a towel around her. Normally she would have looked at herself in the mirror but at this present time she didn’t have that luxury knowing that Louis would be at her front door anytime soon.

The brunette stepped into a fresh pair of underwear before slipping a casual pair of boyfriend jeans and a plain white t shirt. Just as she was running a brush through her hair she heard soft cooing noises from the twins room. Smiling she put the brush down and walked into the room where she found Ella was sitting up in her cot rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

“Good morning Princess,” she whispered walking over and picking her up pressing a soft kiss to her head before placing her on her hip and walking over to the change table. Laying her down she changed her out of her pyjamas and put a fresh nappy on before the two walked out allowing Will to sleep soundly. Walking back into her room she placed Ella on the carpeted floor allowing her to crawl around while she brushed her teeth.

Three knocks on the door alerted Alexa that someone was here. “You ready Ella?” she asked bending down to pick up her daughter as the two began to descend down the stairs. There were three more knocks and the mother couldn’t help but giggle. Louis had never been one for patience. Reaching out she unlocked her front door before pulling it open.

The smile that had been spread across her face instantly fades when she sees who is standing in her doorway. He’s dressed in dark jeans, a white button down and a black jacket with a scarf around his neck.

“Hey Lex,” his voice is as smooth as it used to be but so much deeper. His green eyes lock with hers and a kind smile beams across his face.

“Hi Harry,” she greets, “Is Louis with you?” she asks trying to keep her tone light. She already knew the answer.

“No he’s not…” Alexa’s heart drops and her nose begins to tingle as tears fill her eyes. She knew she shouldn’t have got her hopes up. “Something has come up and he says he is really sorry but he promises he will come around soon,” nodding her head the brunette looks up at the singer and forces a smile across her face.

“That’s fine,” Harry looks at her sympathetically as he can hear the hurt in her voice even though she tries to mask it. “Did… uh… did you want to come in? I can make you a tea or something.”

“I’d like that,” Alexa noded her head opening the door further allowing the singer to walk through, sniffling she quickly swipes her eyes and kisses her daughters head as she leads the curly haired male into her kitchen. She places Ella into her high chair and walks over to the kettle flicking the switch.

“Harry this is Ella,” she introduces her daughter to the male when she sees he is making silly faces at her causing her to smile. He greets her before crouching down at the high chair continuing to make silly faces and blowing raspberries that cause the child to laugh. Alexa hears Will stirring on the baby monitor on top of the fridge. “Excuse me,” she quickly hurries up to the twins room again seeing William looking slightly dazed and a little confused. “Hello my Prince.” she greets pulling him out of the cot and walked over to the change table where she had a fresh nappy waiting an outfit for him.

Once he was changed she returned to Harry who now had Ella on his knee while he bounced her up and down making her giggle hysterically.

“Look who’s up,” Harry spoke to Ella, the child lifted her head and saw her brother, a cute smile stretched across her face. Harry placed her down and she quickly crawled over to her mother who placed William down next to her. Ella automatically began cooing and talking animatedly. “And his name is?”

“William,” she said looking down at her children that were now talking together happily before she walked over and began to make the drinks.

“So…” she began not sure what to talk about with the male. She placed the drink down in front of him before grabbing hers and sipping steadily.

“Don’t be mad at Louis, he has a lot going on at the moment,” Alexa chose not to say anything instead she simply nodded her head. “Eleanor is making this situation rather hard for Louis because I know he wants to get to know his kids. He really does but it seems Eleanor hasn’t warmed to the situation in the slightest.” Alexa nodded her head again not sure what to say. Alexa could understand her not warming to the situation it’s a lot to take in. Knowing that your boyfriend is a father of twins is not an easy pill to swallow.

“I understand,” her voice was light as she took another sip of her cooling tea. Even though she understood it still hurt. Alexa never meant to cause a rift between Louis and Eleanor, she had never wanted to hurt the two of them but it seems now that that is exactly what had happened. “I don’t want him to regret anything.”

“Lex he doesn’t regret the relationship he had with you, he never has and I am pretty sure he never will. He just regrets breaking up with you for the reasons that he did and he regrets cutting you out when he shouldn’t have. He wants to be here with all of you, but he doesn’t want to hurt Eleanor either.”

“Yet she so easily hurt him,” the words were spat harshly. Quickly she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, there was no reason for her to get harsh with Harry. He had done nothing wrong.

“I know Lex, I know.” Alexa looked at the green eyed male who was finishing off his drink. “Right come in you lot we’re going out.”

“Harry… I-”

“No arguments we need to get you out of this house, you need to socialise and I know three men who would very much like to see you again.” he smiled getting to his feet and crouching down to pick up the twins “You’re coming with Uncle Harry,” he cooed happily before turning and walking toward the door. “We’re also going to have to take your car Lex… I don’t have baby seats.”

Alexa chucked before grabbing her keys and handbag before following the male out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well there you go, the newest instalment and poor Alexa got stood up... oh well Harry was there to make her smile.

shout out to Julie and Leann for their comments, thanks so much ladies it means so much to me :)

Till next time
Cheers Esther :)
Image