Sequel: Family Ties
Status: Part 1

Everything I Didn't Say

Chapter 8

Alexa had invited Ryan and Arilia over for a lunch date, she had decided that the only way she was going to get the whole situation off her mind was to enjoy a meal and a heap of wine with the two people who mean so much to her. Ryan and Arilia had bought both Flynn and Clare around to play with Will and El. However the four of them had tired themselves out and were sleeping soundly. The brown haired mother was busy in the kitchen pour three glasses of wine for the two who waited out in the lounge room for her.

“How’s it going in here?” turning Alexa saw Arilia leaning against the doorway a gentle smile on her face.

“Good, good I have a drink here for you and Ryan.”

“I don’t mean that,” looking up Alexa saw the sympathy that flashed through her best friends eyes. Heaving a sigh she allowed her facade to drop.

“I’ve been trying not to think about it, if it happens it happens and there is not a lot I can do about it.” she paused taking a breath, “I mean they are his children and he deserves to see them even after what he did to me.”

“I don’t know how you are so… calm about this. Aren’t you scared he will try to take them away?” Alexa shook her head.

“No, because I wouldn’t allow him to take them. I have spent the last two years bringing them up with the help of loved ones of course, no he won’t take my children from me and if he tries I will take him down in flames.” Alexa stated with a shrug of her shoulders, the mother was too emotionally drained to be mad, confused, scared upset. For the past several weeks she had been a mess of anxiety as she thought about what could happen with Louis knowing which had turned to anger the faded to sadness.

The cycle of emotion kept rotating until now where she was emotionally drained and all she wanted to do was drink.

Hosting this party was the only way she knew she would be able to because she knew that if she got too drunk Arilia and Ryan would look after her and the twins. Arilia walked up to her best friend and wrapped her arms around her in a tight hug.

“I fucking love you Lex,” the woman stated firmly as she squeezed her friend tightly before letting her go grabbing her glass and walking out into the lounge room.

Taking a deep breath Alexa looked out her kitchen window before grabbing her glass and Ryan’s walking out into the lounge room where Ryan was walking in with William who had woken from his nap.

“Hello beautiful,” she cooed.
“Aw, thanks Lex,” Ryan smiled earning a scoff from his wife and a laugh from Alexa. Walking over the woman reached out for her son who effortlessly fell into her waiting arms, he snuggled close to her his head resting on her shoulder as he came around.

“Uh Lex…” looking away from her son she looked at Ryan who was staring out her lounge room window. “Do you know a guy who owns a Porsche Cayman, 2013 version.” the raven haired male walked closer to the window all the while his eyes trained to the car outside.

“A what?”

“A fancy car worth a shit load of money.”

“No…” her eyes flicked to Arilia who had got to her feet and was walking over to the window as well to stand beside her husband. However when Alexa heard the squealing of tires it confirmed the thought that lurked in the back of her mind.

“Louis,” both females said at the same time.

“Seriously?” Ryan scoffed turning back to look at Alexa, “Well he’s a weak as water, I mean as soon as he was seen he sped off… wanker.”

A shaky laugh left the brunettes lips, “Yeah… wanker,” Alexa could feel her best friends eyes burning into her face. She knew what this meant.

He knew where she lived still, he was coming to see the kids. Her motherly instincts kicked in and she reached down pressing a gentle kiss to William’s head as she continued to look out the window at the empty space where the car had just been.

He was coming.

She needed to ready herself for what was to come.

“Right who needs a drink?” Arilia broke the silence.

“Give me the bottle.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this update has been a long time in the making and I am so sorry for taking this long... please forgive me! Yes this is a short chapter but after the next one things are going to get GOOD! I promise! I really do!

shout out to sugarplum. and lion eyes for their comments thanks so much ladies.... To all my readers I am so sorry once again!

till next update
Cheers Esther
Image