Status: I wont be finishing this, sorry

That's What the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For

New face.

I set off running. My breath was getting faster and my heart was beating at its cage to be set free. I felt beads of sweat fall from my forehead. My energy was slowly going, leaving me to get more tired as I ran. I quickly turned a corner and ran into my house. Not soon after, as I was running up the stairs, did I hear the front door rattling. Surely it would take a little while for the door to be open. However, I was wrong as I felt a hand grasp my ankle, pulling me down. I tried climbing back up the stairs, but there was no point. I was caught. I looked up and met dark brown eyes; actually they had some hints of green. They looked more like hazel coming to think of it. My arm then began being shaken, making my eyes open.
“Josh!” Elissa near shouted. I looked up to see her concerned and worried. With a sigh, she whispered, “you had another nightmare again.” I just nodded, biting my lip, trying to remember what happened in my nightmare.
“I was being chased, I don’t know what by, and I saw them, I think, but I forgot what I saw.” I mumbled, looking into her eyes.
“Okay, well, its 5am, so you can either sleep for a little longer then wake up and go to school, or just stay up and then go when it’s time.” I thought for a moment; I’d probably have another nightmare and shrugged.
“I’ll just stay up. I suppose you’re going to bed then.” She nodded her head and smiled. We gave each other a tight squeeze, before she gave a small peck to my cheek and left to sleep in her room. Sighing, I rubbed my eyes and let out a yawn. My gaze landed on my laptop. I slowly got up and turned it on, connecting to the wifi. I soon logged onto Tumblr and spent the majority of my morning on the addictive site. My phone started playing a random song, killing the silence that had been lingering around my room for a while now. I jumped and quickly ran to the source of the noise, turning it off.

Another boring day at school was awaiting me. I was all dressed and ready. My feet quickly moved as I ran to the kitchen mirror, quickly putting on a beanie to hide my unbrushed hair. I couldn’t’ be bothered to try and brush the bed head mess that my hair had turned into. Quickly putting in some grips so my beanie wouldn’t fall off or be blown away, I walked out of the kitchen and to the front door. My hand grasped the handle, pulling down with a strong force. A soft click sounded and I locked the door behind me, setting off the hell hole called school. I had forgotten to charge my iPod last night and my phone didn’t have any music on, so I just walked in silence. Murmurs of conversations and soft meows of cats were heard. Along with very few barks of dogs. The birds were chirping as they flew across the blue skies. The sun was slowly peeking out from the horizon and the cold air was fresh and nice. These types of mornings were my favourite. The small on my lips soon faded when I saw Jack and Ryan leaning on the gates. They smirked when they saw me and started to make their way over to me. I just stood still, biting down on my tongue.
“Nice to see you again Joshie-Boy!” Ryan exclaimed, his arm draping over my shoulders. My breath caught in my throat and I just nodded slowly.
“So quiet aren’t you; fucking pussy.” Danny smirked from behind them. Okay, now I was done for. They all looked at me and smirked. I started to back away. They just kept following me until my back hit a wall. Oh no, I’m dead. Danny stood in front of me and was about to hit me, when his fist hit the wall next to me and he was pushed to the wall. My eye widened in shock, and so did the others. I just quickly ran away from them and to class, trying to erase what had just happened from my mind.

I was currently sat in first class, running black ink on white paper to make words. The whole class was sat in pure silence, the slight sounds of coughs echoing from a corner of the room every now and again. The door opened, and being the curious self I am, I gazed upwards. Someone with brown hair walked in with a teacher by the side of them. His eyes lifted from the ground and met mine. I froze in my place, slightly panicking. I just looked back down to my work and carried on writing, slowly adding more words. I hadn’t noticed that I’d zoned out until someone’s finger tapped my shoulder. I looked up to see the teacher staring down at me; her eyes piercing me like a sharp needle. I gulped slightly.
“Joshua, is it?” I nodded to say I was Joshua, well, Josh. “Well, we have a new student called Oliver. I’d like for you to help him with his lessons and such. You both have the same lessons as each other for today.” She smiled and before I could get anything out into the open air, her heels had clicked out of the class room. Shrugging, I looked over to Oliver. He looked back at me and gave a small smile.
“Just call me Oli by the way.” He mumbled, his voice sounding a little croaky. I liked his voice actually, it was nice.
“And just call me Josh.” I smiled a little more and got back to my work.

The bell had rang and it was now lunch. Oli has been sitting next to me and asking for help every now and again. I gladly helped him with his work. We also had a few laughs at random things. He seemed like a cool guy. What had happened earlier today was still creeping in my mind, however, and it’d just cave into my thoughts at the worst moments. Like now, for instance; sitting at the table, eating, having a laugh. My smile had dropped and I started to shake slightly. I don’t know why, but it made me panic a little. Oli noticed my change in mood and pulled on my hand.
“Josh, you alright mate.” I just shook my head and stared at the floor. A sigh escaped Oli’s lips as he grabbed onto my wrist lightly and excused us both, walking to the door and dragging me outside. I stumbled slightly as I followed behind. He stopped us after we turned the corner. My breathing was all weird and my shaking had gotten worse. I was probably having a mini panic attack. The boy in front of me let his hands rest on my shoulders, locking our eyes in a gaze. I hadn’t realised how beautiful his eyes looked. They were a soft and beautiful hazel; rimmed slightly with a green colour.
“Try matching you breathing with mine okay?” I nodded and he started to take slow breaths. I started to try matching my breaths with his. After a few minutes, our breath was in sync and I was starting to calm down.
“T-thanks.” I mumbled, looking down from the embracement that was flowing through my veins. I dared a look up at him. His eyes had a little crinkles near them. His pearly whites were on show as his lips grew into a grin, letting out a beautiful noise known as a chuckle. I smiled. Before thinking, I wrapped my arms tightly around the hazel eyed boy. He mirrored the gesture and hugged back. I smiled and tried hiding the small blush on my cheeks. The bell then went, making us pull apart.
“Guess we have to go to next lesson.” I saw Oli’s face drop a little. As his expression changed, a sign came lose and hung from one needle. I just nodded and started to walk back inside with Oli by my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I continue? (probably will do even if you say not to)