Status: you may need to read The First Boy first

We're All Alright

first heartbreak

“You’re breaking up with me?”

“Uh...yeah, I guess.”

“That’s bullshit. You can't make out with me in the privacy of the boys bathroom every day after school for three weeks, and then just break up with me for no apparent reason.”

“Why not?”

“Because….because you…because I thought...”

“Look Declan. I’m done. That’s all there is to it.” Chris grabbed his backpack off the sink counter and threw it over his shoulder before starting to walk out. “See you around.”

“Chris…please.”

The creak of the rusty door shutting was the only response he got.

Declan huffed, still pretty much in shock. After a few seconds the effects start rolling in and all he wants to do is curl up into a small ball and disappear. How could he be so stupid? How could anyone be so stupid? Suddenly, his chest feels like it weighs 50 extra pounds and his knees can no longer stand it, so they give ,and he ends up on the disgusting floor.

He didn’t cry though. He didn’t really think he could but even if so, he still wouldn't have. Not anymore.

He pulled out his phone and called one of the only people he trusted completely with his heavy heart.

“What?” She answered but he didn’t know what to say.

”Hello? Dec,….are you there? Declan?” He could hear the worry grown in her voice and for some reason it made him feel better.

“I got dumped, Dee.”

“What?! When?”

“A few seconds ago.”

“Shit…you okay?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Where are you?”

“At school still.”

“Stay there. I’m coming, okay?”

“Okay.”

“I love you, okay?”

“Okay.”