Status: you may need to read The First Boy first

We're All Alright

first love

“Shit….I got to go.”

“No no no no no no…Josh you can’t.”

“I’m sorry. I really am.”

“But I’m already so hard…you promised.” Declan whined, watching Josh sit up and struggle to quickly put his pants back on.

“I’m sorry. I love you.”

Declan groaned. It wasn’t like he wanted to get upset at Josh for giving him blue balls… again. But it was just that he always did the same thing. It was so frustrating. Declan felt like he was going to go crazy. Yet he always fell for it so it was partially his fault.

“Josh…we have time. I promise I’ll get you home before they come back.”

“You know I can’t, Dec.”

“Ugh” Declan slid his hands down in face slowly with dread. “I swear to god, I fucking hate you sometimes.”

“I love you so much.” Josh laughed finishing up the last few buttons of his shirt and leaning into Declan for a kiss goodbye.

“Get out of my car.” Declan pouted averting his head and letting Josh catch his cheek.

“Aww, c’mon, baby. Don’t be like that.” Josh pouted back. And god, Declan loved when Josh called him baby. He was never the one for pet names or any kind of campy romance so it always sort of made his heart skip a beat.

“Get away from me.” Declan said with no actual demand behind his words. Instead he let Josh kiss his neck, and then his chin, and then his cheek again, until he made his way back home, to his lips. And when they touched it was like Declan had completely forgot the previous exchange they had just had. Instead Declan slid his hands into Josh’s back pockets and pulled him closer because that was where he always wanted him.

“Declan…s-st—“ Josh struggled to get out his words, finding himself also enjoy the kiss way too much to want to leave so soon. Declan glided a hand under the hem of Josh’s pants and felt him shiver. Josh knew what would happen if he stayed. No more, this. Not ever. His parents would never allow it. Not in a million years. And Josh wasn’t ready to let all of this go. Not yet.

He pulled away catching his breath and fighting a huge grin. “I-I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Fine.” Declan sighed, still a little pissed.

“I love you.”

“I know.” He folded his arms and leaned back in his seat.

“Do you love me, back?”

Of course I do, you stupid idiot. Declan wanted to yell it at him but he didn’t want to give him the satisfaction. He was the one losing here. But he did. So much. He had never felt anything like this for anyone ever.

“Fine…fuck you then. See you never, asshole.” Josh joked while rolling his eyes and exiting the car, only a little hurt that Declan was giving him the silent treatment. He knew how Declan felt. He could feel it radiating off of him. Every time they saw each other. Every time they kissed. Every time they touched. It was electric. He already knew.

Declan watched from the driver’s seat as Josh walked further and further away from his car. And when he could no longer see him, he pulled out his phone and sent him a quick text.

-Sorry. I do love you back, you know.

-I know you do. <3

-Wow. Pretentious much? Get over yourself.

- Rather you over me ;)

Declan groaned. He always did that.
♠ ♠ ♠
>_<