‹ Prequel: The Fire
Sequel: Feed the Fire

Fallen Embers

"Ohhh, THAT her."

The show progressed and after Sabrina did another small scene, she finally ended up back in her dressing room. The lineup had changed a little from the normal lineup. Sabrina's last skit was just a two skits before her last musical performance which was to end out the show.

Sabrina , Beth, and Adie got changed for the last skit which was Sabrina's favorite one and she couldn't wait to play it out. She and the other women glanced into the mirror as they changed into full 'teenie' regalia. Sabrina had a t-shirt on that was a DIY special that read 'I <3 Billy Jo!!!!!!!111'.

Beth and Adie had similar t-shirts on and they chuckled at the sight they made. When it was time they went to the stage area where they were joined by Amy, Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch, and Kristen Wiig dressed as 'teenies' along with an 'emo' looking Chris Parnell. They grabbed their various poster board signs and stood behind a barricade. When the lights came up, the director called 'Action' and they began the scene.

They screamed and screamed like a crazed bunch of teenies waiting for their idols to come out. "Like Ohmigod... I can't wait to see Green Day!!" Adie shouted.

"They so pwn me!!!" Tina added.

"Well all I know is that I want to have Billie's babies!!" Sabrina shouted.

"OHMIGOD!!!!" they screamed as three men walked out into the light. "It's Green Day!!!!!!!!!"

'Green Day' consisted of Seth Meyers who was dressed up as Mike, complete with the sleeveless shirt and black pants with the red stripe down the legs. Jimmy Fallon was dressed up as Tre in a suit and his own dark colored hair up in a messy faux hawk. The trio was rounded out with Horatio pretending to be Billie Joe. He was in a pair of low slung black pants that didn't cover up much in the back. A black button up shirt and red tie set off the Billie 'look' to perfection. The men moved over to the screaming 'fans' that were going berserk for them.

Beth screamed at the top of her lungs, "Pants Mike!" which made Seth move backwards away from the 'fans'.

'Green Day' started signing autographs and whatnot for the fans and suddenly the audience broke out in cheers and applause. Sabrina and Beth looked confused since there wasn't anything happening to warrant that gesture from the crowd. The 'Green Day' imposters suddenly were quiet and moved back from the 'fans'. "Man we're sorry dudes; we didn't know that you were going to be here." Horatio said sounding contrite.

"It's okay man, the label decided on having the real thing, it's all good." a familiar voice sounded from behind Sabrina. She whirled around to find the owner of the voice; Billie and real Green Day standing there with big shit eating grins on their faces. They were dressed identical to the 'fake' Green Day. The real members went to stand by their fake counterpart.

Sabrina knew that the script was now out the window, so she took a deep breath and began to improv the rest of the scene. She looked really hard at the real Billie and the fake Billie and finally spoke up gesturing to Billie, "I don't know who you are, but THIS," as she moved toward Horatio, "is the real Billie Joe, I'd know his face anywhere." She said as she focused her attention to the fake Billie. "This real Billie is MUCH cuter than you, you scruffy little thing." She tossed over her shoulder to the real Billie Joe. The front man looked shocked at Sabrina's turn of events.

Adie glanced at both Mikes standing there and moved to the fake one. "The real Mike will let us 'pants' him," she said as she undid Seth's belt and let his pants drop to reveal a pair of American Idiot boxers. She looked at the Mike, "You are the fake, hiding your goodies or should I say, so called goodies." Mike blinked and took a step back as he tried to control his laughter that threatened to bubble up.

Beth was the last one, and she moved toward the two drummers. Without warning she grabbed each one's crotch with a hand and cocked her head to the side. "The real Tre has two balls, which makes you," as she turned to Jimmy, "the real Tre." She turned her back to Tre and shouted, "One balled imposter."

The 'teenies' once again swooped around the fake Green Day leaving the real Green Day standing in the cold so to speak. They looked at each other and shrugged and walked off the stage as the lights dimmed and the show went to one of the TV Fun House cartoons.

Once they were given the all clear signal, Beth glared at Mike and stalked off. Mike sighed and watched her go but didn't notice Tre coming up behind him. "Nice ass." He remarked to the bassist.

"Yup." Mike said before sighing again.

Sabrina shook her head at the two men moved over and smacked Mike on the arm hoping to break the mood. "Assssssssssss." She said. "When did this get planned?" she asked.

"Oh this?" he replied back looking innocent.

"Can it Dirnt, you don't have the innocent look at all, I see the horns holding up your halo Michael."

He just smiled and gave the woman a hug. "You got fooled!" he laughed. Billie came up to them and pulled Mike over to the craft services table leaving Sabrina and Tre standing in the hallway together.

"Hi." she said.

"Yea... hi back." Tre replied.

"Well this is awkward isn't it?"

"Yea..." he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Tre, we NEED to talk sometime..." Sabrina began to say.

Beth came walking back through, pushing her way between Sabrina and Tre, "Ya you two need to talk..." she muttered.

"Back at ya, Babe, except you need to talk to Michael." Sabrina retorted.

Beth gritted her teeth. "She's just as bad as fucking rock stars." She walked back to the dressing room, and shut the door and sank down onto the couch. She rubbed her tired eyes and stifled back a yawn. She was not really used to this hectic pace of a live TV show. Beth heard the sound of the door but never looked up until she heard someone speak.

"You look tired." A deep male voice spoke.

She jerked her head up at Mike's voice. "No, I'm fine. Besides what do you care?"

It was Mike's turn to rub his eyes though his reason was not from tiredness but rather from frustration, "What did I EVER do to you? I don't even know you."

"Oh but I know you and your TYPE." she with the venom dripping from her words.

The lean man sighed again. "You know NOTHING about me." He said.

"Oh I know plenty." she retorted.

"Like what, woman. Enlighten me, 'cause I guess I have no idea who I am."

"You're a rock star."

"AND?"

"That's it, that's all I need to know." She said as she rubbed her eyes again.

Mike was normally a nice guy, but something about this woman just kept rubbing him the wrong way. On one hand he wanted to strangle her, and on the other hand, he wanted to kiss her until she couldn't see straight. He stared at her plump lips and got lost in the latter part of his last thought.

She still had her hands over her eyes, but when she didn't hear another word from the man, she glanced up him. The look in his eyes scared her and yet captivated her at the same time. He wasn't really there, he was lost in his own thoughts; BUT the look on his face gave away what he was thinking about. She was the hunted and he was the hunter.

She stood up with the intentions of leaving the dressing room, but her movement brought Mike back to the present. She moved to the door but before she could open it; he was there with a hand on either side of her body effectually trapping her against the door. She had her back to him and could feel his hot breath licking at the base of her neck. She tried to will them away, but goose bumps appeared like magic where his hot breath licked her bare skin. She closed her eyes at the sensation making its way through her body, her damn body that was betraying her mind.

"Turn around." he commanded of her. She tried to fight it, but the tone of voice that came out of his mouth was unavoidable. She willed herself to ignore him but when he literally growled, "I said, turn around." she knew she had no choice.

She turned around to find herself face to face with the man. He was but a scant few inches away. His eyes were just focused on her lips. Her tongue darted out to lick them nervously. When Mike saw her tongue he groaned as a wave of desire swept through him. He placed his hand behind her head and wrapped it around a fistful of hair as he pulled her into his lips. When his skin touched hers, he heard her moan.

Upon hearing that he leaned into her with his body and snaked his hands down to cup her ass and raise her higher up his body and without breaking contact, he walked over to the counter and deposited her on it. As they continued to kiss, Mike moved his hand...

Beth was lost in her mind until she felt a hand on her breast. It was like a bucket of cold water had been poured on her and she hauled back and slapped the offending man across the face. Mike took a step back and was startled at what she did. He felt his cheek stinging, "What the fuck is your problem?" he yelled.

"I'm not the one mauling me here." she spat out at him. Mike blinked at the 180 degree turn around in Beth. She shoved him hard and was able to place her feet back on the floor. "What the fuck is your problem." she screamed.

"Wait... You kissed me back. You wrapped your legs around MY waist. What the hell?"

"I did NOT wrap my legs around... whatever. I would NEVER do that with you." She sputtered back.

Mike shook his head with confusion. "You MOANED."

Beth blushed, "I did NOT, and you MUST have been imagining it. I am NOT attracted to you in ANY way." she tried to convince the man.

The man ran a hand through is hair, and sighed, "Whatever you crazy bitch."

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME???" she screamed as she blindly grabbed an object and hurled it at Mike.

Mike didn't duck in time and got clipped with a hairbrush, and before he knew it, she was throwing anything within her grasp. He put his hands over his head and ran over to the door. When he reached down to grab the handle, a tube of something caught him in the back of the head, and he felt wetness. "FUCKING CRAZY BITCH!" he yelled as he got the door opened and went through it as fast as he could.

"ASSHOLE!" she shouted to the retreating man and shattered a jar of cold cream against the now closed door. Beth saw the jar of cold cream break open and start to ooze down the door and puddle on the floor. "I don't want him... he's a fucking Rock Star and he's not ... NO... I don't want him... NO!" but somewhere deep inside, she wasn't buying what she was trying to sell.

Mike heard the thwack and the sound of broken glass against the back of the door. He touched the back of his head, and looked at his hand. A skin tone color covered his hand. He realized that she must have caught him with a tube of foundation, which had broken open on the back of his head. "Crazy bitch." he mumbled as he went to find a restroom where he could get the shit off of the back of his head.

As he walked past Tre and Sabrina in the hallway, he heard Tre speak up, "What happ... "

"NEVER MIND WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED!" he hollered as he continued on his quest to find a restroom. With a shrug at Sabrina, Tre quickly shut up knowing that Mike's tone was not a happy tone.

The little reunion didn't last since an intern was dragging Sabrina away since she needed to change for her last song performance. With a startled blink she realized that she had less than 1 minute to change into different clothes. She screamed for someone to grab her t-shirt and her green vans, and pulled off her 'teenie' top as someone pushed a different shirt into her waiting hands. Placing a hand on Tre's shoulder she reached down and changed shoes and within 40 seconds she was ready to go out to sing.

She went out to the stage where Beth was waiting along with the rest of her band. When the lights came up, Green Day stood there and introduced her next song. "Here she is, singing 'Dedication' off her new CD, 'Rebirth'; Sabrina Sanders." Tre shouted to the cameras and crowd.

Sabrina smiled as she heard Tre's voice. How fitting was it for him to introduce her singing a song about him. She shook her head as she heard Beth begin a loud rocking guitar lick. She closed her eyes as she and the band began to sing the chorus which started out the song.

Heart and soul I love you so much
Body and soul I want you too
Heart and soul I love you too much
And this I dedicate to you

I need your love
I need your kisses, yeah
I need your hot, hot love
I need your wet, wet kisses, yeah

I love you

Heart and soul I love you so much
Body and soul I want you too
Heart and soul I love you too much
And this I dedicate to you

Dedicate this


Sabrina came up to where Gary was playing the solo and rocked back and forth on her heels. Beth came in for the second part of the solo and led the band into the next verse.


I need your face
I need your wild blue eyes
I need your hands, your fingers
with your hands creeping down my thighs, oh, yeah!

Heart and soul I love you so much
Body and soul I want you too
Heart and soul I love you too much
and this I dedicate to you, oh, yeah!

Heart and soul I love you so much
Body and soul I want you too
Heart and soul I love you too much
And this I dedicate to you

Heart and soul I love you so much
Body and soul I want you too
Heart and soul I love you too much
And this I dedicate to you


The song ended with a huge crash of guitar power chords and drums beats. The lights flashed and suddenly everything went dark. The SNL band began to play the ending music while Sabrina and her band and the cast made their way to the main stage to join Green Day. Sabrina went to the front of the pack and the director counted her down and cued her.

"I want to thank my band for kicking ass!" she said as she knocked knuckles with her guys. "I also want to thank Adie and Green Day for showing up." as she bowed to the boys. "I also want to thank Lorne and everyone here at SNL for being the best, and now we need to go party like rock stars!!" The closing credits ran across the screen and everyone hugged and kissed and waved goodbye.

Mike moved toward Beth as the music played and stared at her. She looked up to his face and smiled and reached up to hug him. When her arms pulled him into her, Mike thought he was going to lose it right then and there. She was so soft and smelled so good. She pulled back and away and turned to the next person to hug. The bass player watched the woman move around the stage and the more he watched the more intrigued he became.

Tre had meanwhile maneuvered his way to stand near Sabrina. She just hugged Horatio and literally turned into him. She looked up into his blue eyes and smiled as she held out her arms to him. Tre walked into her and felt her arms close in around him. He dropped a kiss to her neck and felt her shiver at his touch. He smiled at her familiar reaction to him. Sabrina pulled back and smiled as she turned around to face a different person. Instead of letting go, Tre wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back into his chest and snuggled into her neck again. He felt her tense but then slowly soften up to relax into him.

Finally the director signaled that they were off the air and the cast started to disband to change into street clothes to go to the after party. Sabrina and Tre stood there are a moment more until she said, "Tre!" she said sharply, and "I have to go change, let me go." He nodded and released her from his grip. She walked away still feeling his body against hers as she went into her dressing room.

Beth walked over to where Mike was standing talking with Billie Joe and Adie and grabbed his ear to pull him down to her height. "If you EVER pull shit like that again, I'll de-nut you right then and there. You're lucky, the ONLY reason it didn't happen back there was because we were on live TV." She pushed on him and sent him back standing upright as she let go of his ear and spun on her heel to walk back toward the dressing room.

"Whoa, what was THAT all about?" Billie asked as he watched Beth walk away.

"That's her."

"Her who... Ohhh, THAT her." Billie said as he realized what Mike was talking about.