‹ Prequel: The Fire
Sequel: Feed the Fire

Fallen Embers

Plattsburgh Here We Come.

The next morning Sabrina awoke with Mike still sleeping beside her. With a quick watch check she was amazed the man was still unconscious. She gently moved his leg off of her body and slid out of bed. She stopped in the middle of the room to stretched before she walked into the bathroom. Once inside she did a quick mirror check she grimaced at her reflection before opening the shower door and turned on the water as hot as it would go. She stripped off her tee shirt and waited as the water got hot. She felt the temperature and turned the knob to allow some cool water to be added. Soon upon finding the perfect balance between hot and cold did she finally walk into the shower area.

Mike was awake by the time Sabrina moved his leg. He watched her as she walked across the room. When she stretched, her tee shirt rode up her hips and showed her bare ass and a good part of her back. Her tramp stamp and Tre's autograph on her back became visible as the shirt was raised up by her stretching arms. He didn't realize that she had worn nothing under the shirt in bed during the night. He looked at her near naked form and felt his morning wood begin to come back with a vengeance. When she went into the bathroom, he waited until he heard the sounds of water running before he walked into the bathroom himself.

He found Sabrina in the shower and let his gaze run over her body as she let the water flow down her body. Her voice filtered out over the sound of the water, "You flush that toilet Michael and I will come out there and kick your scrawny ass."

He laughed and looked back at the woman as he used said toilet and smiled then slammed down the handle and heard a satisfying flush. The woman in the shower let loose with a scream of pain as the hot water poured over her body. "I'm going to get you Dirnt, you fucker." she yelled as she tried to exit the shower and not come in contact with the water again. When she finally found her way out, she tackled Mike who hadn't moved because he was laughing too hard. The two landed on the floor with a wet plop. Sabrina ended up on top of Mike and was wet nose to dry nose with him as he laughed. "Asshole, I could've been burnt."

"I'm ...sor...sorry.... Bree." he managed to squeak out between laughs. He stopped laughing when he realized that the woman was on top of her with her bare body. He closed in the distance between their faces and kissed her. Sabrina returned the kiss which soon deepened into something else entirely; comfort sex at its best.

A few hours later found the two in Sabrina's Equinox heading North up Route 14 to catch the Thruway at Geneva. With a quick stop at a convenience store for soda and chips before entering the EZ Pass lane, they were all set for the long ride down the Thruway towards Albany.

The drive along Interstate 90 was long, so Sabrina hit a rest stop and she and Mike would get out and walk around and grab another soda. They were recognized only by a few people, and to Sabrina's delight and Mike's chagrin, it was him and not her people noticed. She thoroughly enjoyed the lack of spotlight and would take photos for the fans as they stood with Mike. When they finally got finished with the rest area, they switched places so he could drive until the next rest stop.

Within a few hours, they approached where Interstate 87 and the Thruway met just outside of Albany. A quick spin through the EZ Pass lane again and Mike steered the SUV toward the signs for North 87. They were just about halfway through their trip. It was about 1pm when Sabrina mentioned food and they started to look to about finding someplace to each. "I know that you might not like it, but how about a Cracker Barrel?" Sabrina asked Mike.

"Cracker Barrel?" he looked at here with a strange look.

"Well it's either that or Taco Bell. I loves me some Taco Bell." she said with a smile.

"Taco Bell? You like Taco Bell?"

"Ohhh Taco Bell is my favorite fast food. Yummmmmy." Sabrina said as she rubbed her flat stomach.

Mike just rolled his eyes and started looking for a Taco Bell sign at one of the exits. Within 10 minutes the searched proved fruitful and a Taco Bell was slated to be at the next exit. Mike signaled and left the interstate and followed the signs that would lead him and Sabrina to her promised land.

Once inside Sabrina was like a kid in a candy store. Within minutes is seemed like she ordered half the menu and the bill between the two of them came up to almost 20 bucks. Mike rolled his eyes as he pulled out a twenty to pay. Sabrina clapped in delight as her food was being prepared. As she stood there, the young teenage boy who made the food happened to look up at who he was handing the tray to. His eyes bugged when he saw Sabrina and Mike standing there. Sabrina smiled sweetly and said "Thanks hun." as she took the tray from the speechless kid.

"Can I have some fire sauce and some mild sauce?" Mike spoke up to the still speechless kid. The poor kid handed over the packets and watched as Mike strode away to where Sabrina had chosen to sit.

Mike watched as Sabrina just about inhaled the food. He shook his head as he thought that she had an appetite like Tre's and how much alike she was to her ex-husband sometimes. He laughed as she went back up and order the cinni-twists and returned to the table to share her sweet treat. Finally as they were picking up their garbage the young kid from behind the counter mustered up enough balls to ask for an autograph from both Sabrina and Mike. Another employee came out with a camera phone and the three posed for a picture. With a good bye peck on the cheek to the boy from Sabrina, she and Mike then beat feet back to her SUV where she took over driving duties and started back on their way north to Plattsburgh.

A couple of hours later Sabrina turned off an exit and took a secondary road that would take them into the small tourist town. Once they got actually in town, she went down a main drag and found a gas station where she pulled in and parked. She quickly called her friend and they waited for him to show up so Sabrina could follow him to his house, where they were staying for the few days.

About 10 minutes later a dark colored SUV pulled up along of Sabrina's and a man got out. Sabrina's college friend was a guy who she dated but ended up just being best friends with. John was his name and Sabrina jumped out to hug him. She dragged him over to her open driver's side door and introduced the two men.

"John, this is one of my best friends Michael. Michael, this is my college buddy John. We dated at one time, but when we kissed we felt like we were kissing a sibling so we agreed to stop dating and just stay friends. Geez, I have known John for what over 27 years or so. Damn man that makes up old." she said while slapping him on the back.

John and Mike shook hands and John spoke up first, "This one is cute Sab, where did you find him. Wait..." John said while looking more intently at Mike, "...this is one of those Green Day guys isn't he? I thought you married one of them? Was it this one, and if you did, why in God's green earth did you give him up?"

Sabrina laughed at what her friend said, "Mike in case you haven't noticed, John is gay and John, I was married to the drummer Tre, Mike is the bass player."

"Ahh, well that explains it. We ready to go back to my place? Robbie is going to play hooky from work today, just so he can visit with you Sab."

"Well geez John, I hope he could play hooky since you both OWN the store." she said laughing. "Let's go, I'll follow you." she said as she climbed into her SUV and started it up.

"Sab?" Mike said while looking at Sabrina.

"Yes Sab, John used to say he was too lazy to say my full name. Too many syllables or something like that, and he said he didn't like Bree. So Sab it was."

"So John's gay.... interesting. Am I gonna have to watch my cute behind?"

"No, John and Robbie have been partners for almost 18 years now, they are very much into each other, BUT I'm sure that they would have no problem helping you if you decided to pinch hit for the other team." she said while laughing

"Oh my god Sabrina, hello, my name is Mike, NOT Tre or Billie. Thankyouverymuch."

Sabrina continued to laugh at Mike until they followed her friend down the main drag and less than 3 blocks later, he turned into a parking lot. She parked along side of him and turned off her car. "Umm John, why didn't you tell me we were this close? I could've figured it out and gotten here without you having to come fetch me."

"Honey, I know you and directions."

Sabrina looked offended, "John, I got up here didn't I? Mapquest is a wonderful thing." she said with a wink. Mike laughed at the exchange between the friends and went and grabbed both his and Sabrina's bags from the SUV. John and Sabrina had already walked up a set of stairs that lead to a huge back patio, above one of the stores.

The store name was "This, That, and Other Things." and it looked as though it housed an antique dealer. As Mike looked at the store, a face appeared at the back door and smiled when he saw Mike standing next the strange SUV. The face disappeared and the open sigh was flipped over to close and the door opened up. A thin man locked the door and walked toward Mike and grabbed a bag from the bass player.

"Hi, you must be Mike, I'm Robbie, John's partner in crime and love." the man said with a smile as he stuck out his hand.

"Hi, yup, I'm Mike. Nice to meet you Robbie."

"Come on, John has a great dinner cooking as we speak and I'm sure that the wine is already opened and flowing, if I know the two of them." Robbie said as he motioned for Mike to climb the stairs to their apartment above the store.

Mike followed Robbie up the stairs and once on the patio you were able to see the entire loft apartment. Robbie walked in the sliding glass door and went over to John and kissed him before going over to Sabrina who was perched with a wine glass on a bar stool next to the island where John was preparing something that smelled out of this world.

"Robbie, how are you doll?" Sabrina said as the man enveloped her in a hug.

"Great Sab, it's been too long, since we saw each other. You look thin? Doesn't she look too thin? Haven't you been eating? John we must fatten her up while she is here."

John laughed at his lover, "We will, starting in an hour or so. I have a roast chicken in the oven to die for." he said to the two newcomers. "Mike, have a seat and stay awhile, we don't bite, well at least not hard. Here is a glass of wine."

Mike settled in and was enjoying the clucking over of Sabrina that the two men were doing. She was eating it up with a spoon and the men seemed to be having a blast. When she told the men about why Mike was joining her, they turned their clucking to him. He found himself also enjoying the attention and starting to feel a little better about what happened back in Oakland.

After dinner the four retired to the living room and sat drinking wine and chatting about life in general. Finally around 1:30am, did the wind finally seem to die down and everyone was ready for bed.

"Are you sure that you'll be okay tomorrow by yourself Mike?" John asked the man.

"Oh yea, I'll enjoy poking through the stores and shops and what not. As long as you guys take me golfing before I leave then you can pretty much do anything and I wouldn't care." he said with a grin, as the other three people laughed.

"Okay, the main drag is really about a 4 block radius of here, so everything is within walking distance. There are all sorts of stores for every sort of person. There is an adult store, more antique stores than you can shake a fist at, a music store, a record store, book stores..."

"Wait a record store as in like vinyl?" Mike asked stopping the conversation.

"Oh yea, Robbie where is it?" John said looking to the other man.

"Its 2 blocks over from here, Easy to find." Robbie filled in.

"Great, maybe I can find some more 45s to fill my collection with. I collect them and well, they are taking over one of the rooms in my house. I have everything from Ella Fitzgerald to The Clash and Duran Duran." Mike said excitedly.

"Great well I hope you find something that will round out your collection." John said. "Are you two okay with sharing a room? We only have two bedrooms, but Robbie and I could sleep on the couches to give you the other bedroom."

"No, don't be silly. Sabrina and I can handle being in the same bedroom, we are adults here." Mike said as Sabrina snorted at the term 'adults.'

And with that, the friends parted ways and went into their respected rooms. Mike followed Sabrina into the bedroom they were sharing and found a huge king size bed waiting for them. "No hanky panky, Mr. Pritchard. We must respect the host's rules. 'No Hetro Sex' in this house." Sabrina warned the man.

"Aye, Aye captain." he replied. Within minutes they were undressed with similar sleep wear as the night before and found themselves rather tired and fell asleep almost instantly.