A Family in the Making

Chapter 3

No one answered me they just continued signing the papers.
"I repeat, what is happening?" It's really a simple question.
"Baby Girl, Jack and I decided the best way to get you out of this life is to take you away from it. So we are adopting you." ADOPT! They were adopting me?!? I'm going to be free! I could cry!!!
"Jordyn go say goodbye to your little brother. He's in his room." My mom said with a sad smile. I walked up the stairs and into my brothers room. He was playing with his little cars humming what sound to me like therapy by none other then All Time Low. He knows that's the song I sing when I'm upset. He might only be 4 but he is super smart.

"Hey Caleb, what' are you up to?" I know the answer but I don't want to leave him just yet.
"Hey Jack! I'm playing cars! You want to play too?" He smiled walking over and hugging my legs.
"Sorry Little dude I can't, I came to say good bye." I sat down on the ground next to him.
"you're leaving? But you just got home. When will you be back?" Caleb is the only reason I haven't ran away yet. Like I said I don't hate my parents I love them but I don't talk to them so he's all I have.

"I don't know. But I won't be living here anymore."
"will I get to see you again?" He looked so sad.
"of course. I will come visit you sometime. You can call me when ever you want. Remember your secret phone? The one I got for you that mommy and daddy can't know about."
"I love you!" He jumped into my arms. I started to cry but looked up when I heard someone walk in. It was Jack.

"hey I came to see if you were okay."
"yeah I'm almost ready" I smiled thinking about my future. With Jack and Alex being my dads. I honestly can't wait.

"Who is that man?" Caleb hugged me tighter. I don't think he knows what Alex, Jack, Rian, or Zack look like.

"hey little guy, my name is Jack." Jack sat down next to us. Smiling warmly at Caleb hoping that would help.
"Jack? Like my sister?"
"may I ask why you call your sister Jack when her name is really Jordyn?"
"She loves All Time Low and She looks at a picture of Jack when she wants to stay calm so it helps her if I call her that. I like making her happy!" Caleb stands and walks over to Jack sitting down next to him. Told you this kid was smart.

"Caleb what if I told you this is Jack from All Time Low" Caleb's face turned into a small frown and then shock. Jacks face soon matched his when Caleb jumped up and hugged Jack.
"Are you the one who is taking my sister?"
"yes Alex and I adopted her to make her happier"
"thank you" Caleb smiled and sat back down.

After saying good bye to Caleb again and making sure he had his secret phone. A phone I got him that can only call one number. Mine. It was our way of staying together. Jack and I walked back downstairs. I saw Alex outside placing my stuff in the car. I walked over to my mom and dad and hugged each of them and thanked them for letting me go. They told me I can come see Caleb when ever I wanted and to keep my key. They said they will keep in touch. With that Jack and I walked out of the house and I got into the car. I took one last look at the house and saw Caleb standing in his window with his hand flat against it so I did the same with the car window. Before Alex started driving away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, and subscribe please