I Made a Mix Tape Straight Out of '94

Track 02: Can We Dance? ~ The Vamps

I was never a fan of this song. The moment I hears it on the radio, I had a hatred for it. It was just another derogatory pop song with no real meaning.
I remember, I was working late at Oscorp the night before mine and Peter's second year anniversary. Peter was jetting off to Germany to help report on a story so we were going to celebrate when he returned. This song started echoing around my office and I was, obviously, alarmed. That is, until I looked up and saw Peter in the doorway with a goddamn rose in his mouth. We danced for hours before he eventually let me get on with my work and he left to catch his flight.

Peter: Remember this one, Har? You complained so much about this song, you despised it. So, me being the amazing boyfriend I was, decided to make you love it. I planned it all (with a lot of help from Felicia, I admit). I just wanted us to have one of those soppy pop songs we could have for ourselves which held a beautiful memory. Dancing in the pale moonlight with a man as beautiful as yourself has definitely made it into my top three nights.

-------------

"I'd like to skip the small talk and romance,
So, baby, can we dance?"