Devils

1

"Theirs is a kind that is not to be trifled with my dear." The words were whispered close to her ear, but her eyes could not move from the scene before her. The music still played, and the people still spoke, but a stillness settled throughout the chaos of the party.

They walked through the crowds with an ease that came from years of practice and moved with a fluidity that betrayed their nature. It was only a pair of them, late comers apparently, with the rest of their group safely ensconced in the VIP lounge upstairs. A boy and a girl, if you could call them that, two hands and two feet, but the similarities seemed to end there.

She was the taller of the two, towering even higher in the teetering heels; perhaps she had killed a man with them before. Her legs were covered in blue scales that disappeared under her skirt and reappeared on her back and shoulders, blending back into the regular tan of her arms. Inky black hair tied at the top of her head made for a tail that flicked with her as she walked.

She gasped quietly in surprise as she saw her eyes were completely black. The woman's cheekbones stuck out in sharp contrast to her face; unnaturally so. There was a moment where her head was turned and Rosie stood in fear that perhaps this thing was actually looking at her. The creature merely smiled into the air, revealing a row of sharpened teeth.

The boy, having walked by was similarly colored. Taking in the seemingly normal appearance of his hands, she wondered if his skin was like the woman's that had walked by. Her view was blocked by the suit he wore. What she could see, however, were the same black empty eyes and sharp cheekbones. His neck however bore a sigil in black ink, with seven dark lines beneath.

"What is that on his neck." She asked Gianna, she flinched as he looked over his shoulder at her as if he heard her comment. There was a niggling at the back of her head and she scowled, snapping up a wall between their minds. He smiled lazily at her before proceeding up the stairs after the woman to the VIP lounge.

"It is a mark of Craster's. He is one of the thirteen, Craster's trusted circle. They're the ones that you don't want to meet alone. The things they've been known to do -" Gianna broke off with a shudder.
"The number of lines belies the rank - fewer lines, more power you've got."

"What are they?"

"Devils."
♠ ♠ ♠
This has been sitting in my computer for a bit, I don't really know what to make of it, but I kind of like it.