Learning to Love My Soul Mate.

Activation Eve.

It was my Activation Eve, and I was stressing. I had less than 24 hours before I turned 18 and activate my Searcher. My parents would be home at 5 to start setting up for the activation at midnight. After a long stressful shower I walked into my bedroom and threw on a t-shirt, a hoodie, and jeans.

I grabbed my phone off the table and got a text from Jeremy,"Happy activation day!" I read.

I smiled at my phone,"Thanks!, are you coming to the activation party?"

I walked downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed a pop tart before reading another text from Jeremy.

"Hm, I'll try, no promises tho :c." I sighed.

"I hope you can make it." I replied before looking at the clock, I had a little while before my parents came home so I decided to tidy up a bit around the house.

My phone rang as I was finishing up the kitchen,"Hello?" I said.

My mom was on the other line,"Hi sweetie, you father and I should be home soon, our flight just landed."

"Great, I'm cleaning now so that it'll be easier to set up the decorations." I said.

"Okay, well we'll see you when we get home."She said.
___________________________________________________

20 minutes to midnight. I was terrified. My mom and dad were sitting next to me on the couch. A lot of my family was here also. Colorful balloons and streamers lined our living room, and a huge hologram with a timer on it counted down the minutes to my activation. The door bell rang, probably another family member.

"I'll get it." I said getting off of the couch.

I opened the door to see Jeremy,"Hey! You made it!" I said.

"Wouldn't miss it." He said,"I hope you don't mind, I brought my brother along."

"No way, the more the merrier." I said peering behind him.

His brother was tall, with light brown hair and hazel eyes. I smiled at him,"Hi."

He had a sort of cockiness to him that kind of made me angry.

"Sorry, Darren is kind of an asshole." He said.

I nodded a little and brought them into the living room. There was a little less than a minute left on the timer. I took a deep breath. Jeremy squeezed my hand, my mom held the other. Ten seconds.

My family began to count out loud. Another deep breath. My stomach was in knots.

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

I shut my eyes tightly.

2

1

I opened them. There was a paused in the room. Jeremy let go of my hand and everyone stared. There was a little prick in the center of my hand, I flinched a little. My hand began to glow. One, two, three times. A huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders.

My family cheered, Jeremy picked me up and spun me around before putting me down. The room fell silent. Everyone knew what was going to happen. Jeremy brought my face to his and kissed me. It was like everything in my life was complete. I pulled away, my family awed-then fell silent. We looked down at our hands. Nothing. My huge smile faded quickly. My heart fell into my shoes.

There was a loud chuckle coming from the corner of the room. Everyone snapped their heads in it's direction. It was Darren...He was laughing. A burst of anger flowed through me as I walked toward him and slapped him across the face. I took a step back realizing what I'd done and was stricken with awe.

His hand and my hand started to glow. My jaw dropped. Tears welled in my eyes. My family gasped. I turned to Jeremy with tears in my eyes. I was sure he was the one. Everyone sat in shock for a moment until I ran up to my room.

I sat on my bed in awe. I'd just met Jeremy a week ago, so feelings weren't strong but they were growing. If I could pick anyone in the entire world to be my soul mate it would be Jeremy. I ran a hand through my hair. There was nothing I could do. I cursed myself although it wasn't going to help anything. I laid down in my bed.

After a few minutes, Jeremy knocked on the door and let himself in.

"Hey." He said softly.

"Hey." I said.

"Pretty dramatic activation party, huh?" He said sitting next to me on my bed.

"Yeah, almost as bad as my sisters." I sat laying back on my bed. He laid next to me.

"I wish I knew what do to." He said.

"There's nothing to do." I said.

"Everything was going so great." He said.

"All great things have to come to an ended sometimes." I said.

"I just want to hold you." He almost whispered.

"You still can." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!!