Learning to Love My Soul Mate.

Being 18

I woke up to the sun parting through the clouds through my window. I stretched before sitting up in bed and realizing who I was stuck here with. I frowned just at the thought of Darren. I decided to wash off my frustration in the shower. I loved the warm water hitting my skin and melting my problems away. I was almost finished with my shower when I heard a series of loud thumps and a frightening wail. I jumped out of the shower, leaving the water running and grabbed a towel before running down the hall.

Darren was curled up in a ball at the bottom of the stairs,"Darren?" I said before running down the stairs. He groaned and clutched his side. I started to run back up the stairs when I realized Darren through my phone out of the window.

"Where's your phone?" I asked.

"I didn't...bring it." He chocked out following a series of swears. I walked over to the old phone hanging on the wall and got nothing, not even a dial tone. I sighed and paced thinking of what could be done when I realized I'd have to drive Darren to the hospital. My heart pounded.

this is it. I thought, this is history repeating itself, my sister was killed with her soul mate while rushing to the hospital and now I'm in the same position.

My eyes stung from the tears building in them,"Get...my keys." He said.

I shook my head,"I can't." I choked out.

"Get the fucking keys Anarchy!" He yelled, then went into a fit of coughing.

Tears were streaming down my face now,"I can't!" I yelled, I sat with my knees to my chest crying hysterically."I can't."

Darren fell silent before taking a small breath and pointing to his bag in the kitchen,"Ana, I need you to get the keys out of my bag and take me to the hospital, please." He said, desperately.

I started shaking my head and he reached out and arm and pulled me closer to him, a large bruise was forming on right his right side over his ribcage and was spreading across his chest.

"Please." He said shakily.

He let me go I walked to the kitchen and grabbed his bag looking for his keys. I picked them up as he struggled off of the ground. He threw his left arm over my bare shoulder and I helped him to the car. We both grimaced as we walked over the glass mixed in with the gravel from the window I kicked open. I helped him into the back seat and hopped in the drivers side and started the car. I took a deep breath and started driving toward the nearest hospital.

My heart was pounding as be approached a stop light. I pressed slowly on the break and waited as he groaned in the back seat. The light changed as I finished the drive to the emergency room. I parked recklessly out side.

"Wait here." I said before I ran in and alerted the nearby staff. They all rushed to my car as I stood by awkwardly in my slightly damp towel and bare feet.
__________________________________

I sat in the waiting room of the freezing cold hospital. Darren had been in surgery for three hours. He'd broken two rips and sprained his ankle. A nurse approached me with a warm towel.

"Thank you." I said still barefooted in my black towel. A doctor came out from the back and turned to me.

"We'll he's fine and in recovery and should be out of here within a week. However, he did suffer from some head trauma and can't feel some areas on his body, but that'll work itself out in time." He said.

"Can I see him?" I asked.

He nodded and lead me to the ICU. He waited outside of the door while I walked into the room. My heart shattered. I could barley look at him. His left leg was in a sling and he had a huge brace around his chest. I sat in a chair next to his bed. The room was dimly lit although all the white in the room illuminated the crappy lighting. I took a deep breath a watched as his chest rose and fell. I careful reached out a hand and wrapped it in his.

"Fuck." I almost whispered.

"Me?...Okay." He said in a slow groggy tone with his eyes still closed.

"Even when your injured your still an asshole." I said laughing a bit with tears in my eyes.

"You know...when I was laying on the floor...I got...a perfect view...up your towel.."He said, smirking.

I scoffed,"You're a dick."

"But..you love me...or a least..you will."

I squeezed his hand in mine, but didn't say anything.

"What are you...even getting all...emotional for...anyway? Yesterday...you hated me." He said.

"Yeah well, I have to spent the rest of my life with you. I'd rather have you, a fully functioning asshole, than a botched one."

He smiled at that,"Come on, I'm not...that much...of an...asshole." He said.

"Really?" I said,"You threw my phone out of the window of a moving car."

"Yeah, we'll...I have...reasoning for that." He said, then turned to me with those beautiful hazel eyes.

"Which is?" I asked.

"I'm...a man, we...don't talk...about...our feelings." He said.

"Come on, you're going to have to tell me sooner or later." I said.

"I choose...later." He said.

I raised an eyebrow at him and he rolled his eyes,"If..I tell you...we're never...going to speak...of this...again." He said.

I nodded,"When I...first got my Searcher...activated...I met..This girl...I thought she was...the one...and our Searchers...they matched to each others...then she met another guy...turns out...she has a multi-match Searcher. I wasn't matched to her...neither was the other guy...I don't..know...who her match is...she probably doesn't either. But that's...life.." He said.

"You think I'm a multi-matcher?" I asked.

He shook his head,"No." He said.

"Then why do you hate me so much?" I asked.

He reached over and pushed a strand of hair out of my face as best as he could,"I don't."

"I'm confused." I said.

"...I brought you...to the beach house...to test you...I threw your phone out of the window...to test you...If you could love me, at my worst...I was sure...you could love me at my best.." He said.

I felt tears brimming in my eyes,"What about my activation party? You didn't even know we were matched to each other." I said.

"Jealously." He said,"Jeremy...always was the...best at everything...then, he finally finds...a beautiful girl...and wanted to matched to her...and it didn't work out...every thing works out...for Jeremy...I wasn't...purposely going to...be rude to...you...that's...just how everything...worked out." He said.

"Why are you telling me this? I mean, openly. I barely had to fight you to get it out of you." I said.

"Honestly...I'm so high on...pain meds...I'll barley remember this later." He said.

"So you won't remember this later?" I asked before I leaned over the bed and pressed my lips softly to his.

Our hands shone brighter than ever then, brighter than all the lights that could possibly shine. I pulled away from him.

"Fuck." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm so doped up...I can't even...get a boner." He said.

I rolled my eyes and stood up,"Well, while you're working out your erection problems, I'm going to run home and put some clothes on."

"Awe," He groaned,"I like you...so much more...half naked..." He said.

I scoffed and started toward the door,"Wait." He said.

"Yeah?"

"Promise you'll come back?"

I nodded,"I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading!