Learning to Love My Soul Mate.

Hospitalization.

After I went back home and changed my clothes I headed over to the hospital, thinking about everything Darren had told me. I never knew someone like Darren could be hurt that badly. I parked the car and it's broken window out side of the hospital.

I walked in and grabbed my visitors passes and headed to the third floor, room 76b. Once again, Darren was out cold, sleeping peacefully. God, he was adorable. I sat in the chair next to his bed and turned on the TV. Engulfed in the show, I barley noticed anything else.

"Bold and brash?" Darren groggily said,"More like belongs in the trash."

I smiled at him as he recited the same words as the man on Spongebob.

"Aren't you a little old for Spongebob?" He asked.

"You're never too old for Spongebob." I said,"and besides. It's clear you've seen this episode a few times."

"Whatever." He said rolling his eyes,"I'm starving."

"Why don't you cal down to the cafeteria and get some food?" I asked.

"Good idea, want anything?" he asked.

"No, hospital food is gross, and there's a vending machine down the hall." I said.

He rolled his eyes and ordered his food. We sat and chatted for a while until his food came.

"I'm gonna go down to the vending machine." I said.

"Bring me back a candy bar!" He said.

"What's the magic word?" I asked.

He sighed,"Please?" He asked with a puppy dog face.

"Awe, how could I resist a puppy dog face." I said before walking to the vending machine. I started to wonder what would have happened if Darren never got hurt. If we still would have hated each other. If he would have finally given in to his emotions or if I would have given into mine. Non of that mattered now because we were together now, sort of. It's funny how you match searchers with someone and then you're in an automatic relationship.

"What are we?" I asked walking back into the room.

"What?" He asked.

"Us, what are we? I mean, we matched Searchers and everything but yesterday we hated each other."

He pondered this,"Well, I mean. I still hate you." He said.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed,"I'm being serious."

He took a deep breath, well as deep as he could with that brace on,"I don't know. Whatever we want to be."

I handed a candy bar to him,"I guess that was a good enough answer." I said.

"I still think you're a fucking psycho." He muttered. I glared at him.

"But you're my fucking psycho."

I smiled at him.
_____________________

After about two weeks in the ICU they put Darren in recovery and after about two days he just couldn't take it anymore and signed himself out. The brace over his chest was gone, but he still had to have a bandage around it and be very careful. As for his ankle he had a brace over that and has to walk on crutches for a few days.

I walked into the master bedroom of the beach house and found him fast asleep. I still wasn't comfortable sleeping with him yet. Not only because it's been like three and a half weeks and I wasn't comfortable yet, but because I didn't want to roll over on him in his sleep and hurt him.

I crawled next to him in his bed and ran a hand through his hair,"Good morning to you too." He said eyes still closed and smiling.

I kissed the tip of his nose,"We should probably go home today." I said.

"Why?" He asked throwing an arm over me and pulling me closer to him.

"We'll since I was such a bright idea for you to throw my phone out of the window and not bring yours, no one knows anything. My mom has probably called me non-stop and probably came to visit and freaked out when no one was here." I said.

"You're right." He said wiping a hand over his face,"20 minutes tops and then we go to my place?"

I rolled my eyes at him and he smirked,"No. I think it would be nice to spend sometime with my family." I said.

"Why don't I stay at your place with you?" He asked.

"I guess that wouldn't be horrid." I said,"Deal."

"Spit-shake on it?" He asked.

"No." I said before getting up and packing my stuff.

After everything was packed I moved everything into the car and Darren skipped down the stairs on his only good foot and got into the car. The drive back to my house wasn't long, we even saw my completely wrecked phone on the side of the road. Once we made it back I didn't bother to get things from the car and focused on helping Darren hobble inside.

"Oh dear, what happened?" My mom asked.

I opened my mouth to explain but Darren interrupted me.

"We got into an argument and Ana pushed me down the stairs." Darren said.

"No, you fell down the stairs." I said.

"Oh my God. We'll thank goodness you're alright." She said.

"Wheres dad?" I asked.

"Working, he got a schedule change. So, what brings you two back so early?" She asked.

"Brainiac here decided to throw my phone out of the window." I said.

"I wanted a cell phoneless vacation, was that too much to ask?"

"I don't know was it too much to ask me to leave my phone here?" I said.

My mom was taken aback,"You two sure do argue a bunch." she said.

"It's her." He said.

"It's him." I said.

"Well, what do you two plan on doing now?" She asked.

"Well, I haven't been home in a while and I know you were probably worried so we were going to stay a while." I said.

"Oh, sweetie, you don't have to worry. I've been doing fine here with your father. After two kids you can't wait to get them out of your house." She said.

"Mom!" I said.

"It's true! And your father and I we--" I stopped her.

"No thank you. I don't want to know what you and Dad do when I'm not around." I said.

"My apartments is still an option." Darren said.

"That's a nice idea, honey. You can't stay on that side of town and get to know Darrens parents because I'm sure you haven't met them yet." She said.

I nodded,"Yeah, great idea mom."

I was actually nervous. I'd never met a boys parents before. After Rian died I steered away from boys, I steered away from everyone. I got home schooled and I never left my house, so I never had a boyfriend and didn't have my first kiss until Jeremy. I didn't think I was ready for this.
________________________________

Darren's' apartment was all the way across town. The drive was unbelievable but the view from it was incredible. He had huge glass windows that let you see over everything and in the far distance you could almost see the ocean.

It was late buy the time we got to his apartment and Darren plopped down on the couch.

"I'm exhausted." He said.

"Same." I said. I sat next to him on the couch and he put his arm over me.

We ended up watching Spongebob on his couch until we fell asleep.

I could totally get used to this.