Status: Blame Noelle.

Broken Lungs

bewitched

Finn rolled over in bed, her hand stretching out across the king sized mattress to nothing but cold sheets and for a moment that seemed completely normal. Until she realized she had brought home a bewitched werewolf last night and now he was nowhere in sight. The room didn’t appear destroyed – in fact not a single thing was out of place save for a beautiful white calla lily on the pillow next to her. She flushed, vaguely remembering that at some point during the night she woke up on his chest with his arm wrapped tightly around her and she hadn’t even bothered to move it before going back to sleep.

Hearing a noise from down the hall she scampered out of bed, grabbing her robe, and made her way towards the kitchen where it had come from. Many things were off about the sight she encountered. For starters, Alva and Nixie were cooking, which was something she couldn’t remember ever seeing them do. Typically, that was Inga’s job but the oldest one was absent. Secondly, Isaac was sitting at the island that looked to be made of a coral reef one might find in the deep waters of the Norwegian Sea, drinking more of her pink sparkling water.

“Isaac, no!” It was too late but the time she reached him, grabbing his wrists and pulling them away. The crystal glass was completely empty. Looking towards Alva and Nixie, they both had mischievous grins on their faces, the former holding up a decanter full of it. “Alva!”

“What? He looked thirsty.”

Finn glared before looking back into Isaac’s eyes as they took in her nightie. His hands immediately grabbed at her waist, pulling her between his legs. “You look so beautiful in the morning.”

“No, Isaac. I told you not to drink any more of that stuff.”

“I couldn’t help it.” He shrugged, his confident grin slipping. “Are you mad at me?”

She let out a breath and sagged, moving his hands from her waist back into his lap. “I’m not mad at you. I promise. No more, though, okay?”

“Okay.”

“You two.” She glared, pointing at the culprits. “Do not feed him anymore of that. I need the spell to wane.”

“Darling, you have such a fine specimen. Why ever would you waste it?” Nixie asked, smoothly hopping up onto the island and leaning towards them as her eyes greedily took him in. “He is just so handsome.” She delicately traced a finger across his cheek bone until Finn smacked it away.

Aftur burt!” Finn’s eyes flared, shocking Isaac as he leaned closer to see them but it was over much too quickly. He could have sworn they glowed.

“Nixie, come on.” Alva said, tugging her off the counter. “Let’s leave them.” She pushed the other girl out the door stopping and grabbing onto Finn’s arm. “He’s yours for now. Try to at least have a little fun before you break it off, will you? You might regret it if you don’t.”

“I don’t want it to happen this way.”

Alva shrugged, looking back at the lovesick wolf. “It might be the only way you can have it. Once he learns the truth, he probably won’t stick around.”

Finn had thought about that and Alva was absolutely right. Once he knew he had been put under a spell, even if it was accidental, the chances of him wanting anything to do with her after it broke were slim to none. And she wasn’t sure, having just met him, why it was that she was so enthralled with him that the very thought of him turning away from her crushed her. She waited until Alva had left before taking in a deep breath and spinning back to see him eying her hungrily.

“Did you like the flower I left for you?” He asked, his voice deep as he stood from his chair, speaking to her softly. It sounded like silk and warmed her blood. “Seems things grow, just if I want them to.”

“Magic.” She whispered, gulping as he took two long strides towards her.

“Right … magic.” He lightly traced his fingertip down her cheek like Nixie had done to him just moments ago, staring her straight in the eye. “You didn’t answer me, Finn.”

Something about hearing her name come off his lips charged her up enough to where she couldn’t stand not touching him any longer and jumped up onto him, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his shoulders. He caught her easily and grinned just before she pressed her lips to his, moving her hands through his soft hair and gripping him to her tightly. His hands grabbed at her butt, walking over to set her on the counter, never breaking their kiss or separating from where she had pushed her body flushed against his until they both needed air. Even then, he only moved a few inches away to where it felt like they were breathing it in together.

Before he could go back in she stopped him with her fingers on his lips. “Wait … we can’t.”

“Sure we can … I think we’re pretty good at it, actually.” He teased, lips moving against her fingers causing her to crack a smile.

“I’m serious. No more … we need to talk.”

“We can talk later.” He promised, moving a step back and ripping his shirt off over his head to drop it on the ground before moving back between her legs.

She had been so distracted looking at his physique she hadn’t stopped the kiss and nearly melted into it with his vigorous passion like she was his air – his sole reason for existing. She groaned, which he mistook for a moan and gripped her to him tighter, before zapping him hard enough that he stumbled back into the opposing counter. She knew it didn’t actually hurt him, unless she wanted it to and she most certainly didn’t, but it did surprise him.

“I’m sorry – I didn’t mean to do it that hard.” She said, gripping the counter. “I think I’m a little distracted.”

“I noticed. What is it that you want to talk about so badly?”

“I can’t concentrate until you put your shirt back on.”

“Makes two of us.” They both turned to see Nixie in the doorway. “Oh calm down, Finn. I just came for some of mine.” She grabbed at an empty glass decanter on the counter and it instantly filled with a molten gold liquid. “Well done.” She complimented looking Isaac up and down. “Really. A great first choice.”

“Maybe we should talk in my bedroom.” Finn said, hopping off the counter and grabbing Isaac’s shirt to toss at him. He caught it easily and shrugged it on, following her like a puppy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit.
OMG ISAAC IS PRECIOUS
I miss him so much you don't even know.

Thoughts?
Thanks for reading!
xoxo, Erin