Status: Updating every Sunday

It's Gonna Be My Year

Back in Town

Alex POV
After Jack stopped crying we sat on the bench until Mom called us back inside because we were leaving. I really needed to learn what to ask and when to ask it though. All I seemed to do lately was make Jack upset.
While we were travelling I got a text from Rian.
‘Hey bro, when are you getting back to Baltimore?’ - Rian
‘Boxing Day. Why, what’s up?’ - Alex
‘Just we might have a situation. I’m sorry I’ve gotta go. I’ll text you later.’ - Rian
I didn’t text him back because he didn’t seem to want to give me an answer but that seemed seriously out of the blue. And what ‘situation’ could we have that would involve us being home? Was it the bullies? Man I hoped no one had been bothering Rian since we’ve been gone. Maybe it had something to do with Jack’s dad? Better fucking not be. I couldn’t make any sort of deduction until I talked to Rian on the phone, which I was planning to do tonight.
“Hey who was that?” Jack asked.
“Just Rian checking up on us.”
“Oh cool. How is he? How was the last day of school?” Jack asked excitedly.
“I don’t know, he didn’t really talk to me,” I said, wrinkling my brow in confusion. Normally Rian wanted to talk about where we’d been and what we’d been doing since he hasn’t done much travelling either.
“What did he want?”
“He wanted to know when we’d be back.”
“Ok. Tell him I say hello if he texts again,” Jack replied. He seemed a lot happier since this morning. I guess a cry can really help sometimes. It also made me think about what else had happened to him that he was repressing. I’d heard that was seriously bad for you, especially if whatever caused the memory happened again.

We’d finally made it to San Francisco 4 days before Christmas. We’d decided to stay for the next 2 days and travel down to Los Angeles for Christmas itself. I hadn’t gotten a chance to talk to Rian yet but I was planning to tonight. My parents had splurged and gotten us two rooms at a hotel because they wanted showers. Jack just went to shower and I knew he’d be a while so I decided now would be my best chance.
I called and he picked up in about 3 seconds.
“Hey Alex,” He started. “Is something wrong? You don’t usually call.”
“What did you mean by situation?” I asked.
“Uh nothing. Look it’s probably not that serious and-“
“Rian. Please I need to know if there’s something I need to do. Fuck, I’ve been worrying about that text for 2 days!”
“You don’t have to do anything. Just tell, tell Jack that someone is looking for him.” Rian said vaguely.
“Who is it? Oh my god is it his dad? Fuck if he does something…”
“It’s not his dad Alex. It’s his sister.” After Rian said that I heard the shower being turned off.
“Ok Rian I’ve gotta go. Thanks for telling me,” I said sincerely. It would be better to go back home knowing about this instead of his sister just showing up out of the blue. But what was she doing talking to Rian?
I hung up and put the phone in my pocket as Jack came out, without a shirt, towelling his hair dry. My eyes wandered as his chest moved as he started picking up his shirt and lifting it over his head. Noo. Bye bye chest. When I looked up to Jack’s face again it was tinged a bit pink and I felt my face flush too once I realised I’d been staring.
“Uh sorry, I just forgot my shirt,” Jack stammered.
“It was more than alright,” I replied. And then I almost hit myself in the face because who fucking says that?!
Luckily Jack seemed to find it sweet or something and it made me feel like less of a creeper when he smiled at me. I started to walk towards him, pulling my shirt off on the way.
“Ok I’m going to go shower. Be back in five,” I said to Jack. And if I felt his eyes on my back as I walked into the bathroom then that was completely ok with me.
While I was in the shower I remembered the last time I’d seen Jack shirtless. It was my birthday. That was also the last time we had made out because of the bullies and Tom and then this holiday. God so many bad things happened so quickly. I wanted to experience something good with Jack as currently I just seemed to have made his situation worse. I mean my own brother was beating him up! And those bullies seemed to have gotten worse since I’d gotten here from the sound of things.
At least I’d taken him away from his dad. Well now his sister was in town. I wondered if his brother was back home too. Maybe they split ways. But why come back now?
I turned the shower off wondering how I was going to tell Jack. I knew I had to tell him because if he walked into the shops and saw his sister there and then found out I’d known. Not a good situation to be in. Plus you always see in movies that it’s keeping information from each other that always ends the relationship.
I got dressed and walked back into the bedroom to find Jack on the bed, watching the news. Who the hell even watches the news? My boyfriend was such a weirdo sometimes.
“Hey baby. Anything interesting happening?” I asked him.
“Nope. Just a couple of break ins,” he answered. Then he turned and basically attacked my lips. Woah. I was not expecting that but I could roll with this. His hands moved from the back of my neck down the sides of my body until he found the hem of my shirt.
“Can I…?” He trailed off, seeming to lose a bit of his confidence. Of course I didn’t want that and I was happy to let this go wherever he wanted it to go.
“Of course.” I lifted my arms to make it easier for him. He pulled my shirt off then his shirt and then pushed me down on the bed before straddling me. Just as I was wondering where this new found confidence came from he leaned in to kiss me again and then his mouth started to travel down to my neck. I decided then that I didn’t really care and hopefully this meant that Jack was getting more self-confident. I just knew that this night wouldn’t be over before I had a few hickies and a cold shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. Sorry this update is late, I went to a Chritmas party last night and got home a little later than expected. I hope you liked this chapter!