Status: Updating every Sunday

It's Gonna Be My Year

Home, Sweet Home

Jack's POV

"It's because I love you Jack," Alex said.

Alex loved me. Alex LOVED me!

Then he just ran away before I could respond I heard a door slam downstairs and knew that if Alex's parents weren't awake before, then they would be now. Isobel came into the room. I was still in a state of shock.

"Jack, what's going on?" Isobel asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Alex loves me," I whispered. Oh my god, I had to go find him, god knows where he went and he's got to be freezing since it's the middle of the night and the middle of winter!

"Jack, I didn't hear you. What's going on? Where's Alex?" Isobel said, her voice rising slightly with her worry.

"He, um, he said he loves me, and uh, and then he just... ran away," I said, gesturing with my arms towards the door. "I have to go find him!"

I started towards the door myself.

"Jack, you can't go out in this. Look Peter and I will go out into the car and find him. You stay here and try and get some sleep." Isobel suggested in the way a mother suggests. By demanding.

"Did you not hear what I said? He loves me. I'm going to go find him!"

I ran and quickly got dressed and grabbed some spare jackets and pants for Alex, as I had a feeling he'd be very cold by now.

"I'm sorry Isobel but I've got to do this. I'm taking my phone. I'll text you when I find him." I said determinedly. I went for the door again but she grabbed my arm.

"Jack, just be careful. Text every half hour ok? I want to make sure you're both safe," she said, wrinkles apparent on her face. I just nodded, my voice taken away from the care in her voice. The only person that's ever looked at me with that much care was Alex. And I made him run away.

I knew where I'd find him, so I headed towards the park, heading for a park bench with a hunched silhouette.

I stood in front of him and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Alex, look-"

"Jack I'm sorry. I'll, I'll take it back if you want me too, I, I'll do anything, just don't leave me," Alex sobbed out.

"Alex stop. I don't want you to take it back. Because I love you too. You didn't give me a chance to say it before dummy. I. Love. You."

Alex looked up with hope in his eyes and I smiled back at him. Then I pulled him into a hug and he hugged me back for all he was worth. It was then I noticed he was shivering. I pulled away and opened the bag and gave Alex a hoodie and a snow jacket and two pairs of sweatpants.

While he was putting them on I texted his mom.

'Hey Isobel. I found him. I'm about to bring him home. Meet you there?'

'Thank you so much Jack. See you in five.'

I grabbed Alex's hand and started to lead him back to the house. To our home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm super sorry this is so late guys, and that it's so short. My word subscription has run out so the chapters might be a bit shorter until I can pay for it again. Sorry to everyone. Thanks for reading