Status: Updating every Sunday

It's Gonna Be My Year

...Friend

It was now Wednesday and Jack hadn't come to school at all yesterday. Rian had noticed me being disappointed and started teasing me relentlessly about it. I mean I may have had a tiny crush on Jack but it was nothing to get worked up over. I think.

So I was now sitting in homeroom with Rian and Jack still hadn't come in. I flicked my eyes to look at the time on the ugliest fucking clock in existence. I mean seriously the back of it was a picture of some old hag and it didn't even have numbers on it, just dots. How the fuck am I supposed to read dots?

There was only five minutes until the bell rang and I was getting worried because Jack had already missed one day of school. I really hoped he was ok. 2 minutes to go. Jesus Jack hurry the fuck up. And like that he walked through the door. I flicked my caramel hair out of my eyes so I could get a good look at this sexy piece of eye candy. Ok that sounded weird, thank god it was in my head. Rian looked over to me and said "Dude shut your mouth, I think you're drooling."

I quickly snapped my mouth shut on instinct, but then peered over at Rian to see him smirking. Ass. Ugh, he was right though. Jack was looking fiiine. Could I get any gayer? I can't believe I just said that. Even in my head. Jack was wearing really tight skinny jeans that made his ass look divine as he leaned over the desk a little to hand the teacher a note. He was also wearing a tight shirt so I could see the slight muscles he had in his back and arms. Mmmm. I would definitely hit that. He turned around to go to his seat and his eyes met mine for a couple of seconds. I swear I almost melted when I looked into his eyes. Until I saw the big ass bruise surrounding one of them. I immediately stiffened in anger and I almost got up out of my chair when Rian leaned over to whisper "Easy bud, I'm sure he's fine. You can talk to him later. Don't make a scene I'm sure he won't appreciate that."

I realised he was right and so I relaxed again. Slightly. But I had noticed that Jack had looked away, so I just got even more upset with that. So thank fuck the bell rang and we got to go to music. Yay! I get to talk to Jack and see him play guitar. The only thing that would be better than that would be seeing him, minus clothes, on my be- Woah Alex. Slow down. It would not be fun to get a boner in school.

I quickly got up and basically ran out of there, only to see Jack get shoved and drop all his books. I ran up to help him but he saw me coming and quickly snatched up his books and ran off. What had I done wrong? Ugh I just wanted to be friends with this beautiful boy and help him with whatever he needed. I saw the boy who had shoved Jack was one of the idiots from the football team so I quickly shoved him into a locker.

"Stay away from Jack!" I said, menacingly.

"And if I don't?" he arrogantly said with a smirk.

"You'll end up like Kyle and Rick. I'm sure you don't want that do you?"

I shoved him once more into the lockers for good measure and kept making my ways to class. I got there just as the bell rung. I looked towards the back of the room and saw a spot next to Rian. I had to pass Jack on the way and he seemed to flinch back. I found myself feeling hurt. Maybe he didn't like violence or something. Ugh this guy is hard to read.

I sat down next to Rian and asked "Am I late? Has anything happened?"

"Nope you're fine. What took you so long anyways?"

"Uh, I had to piss," I quickly lied. I didn't really want Rian knowing I've gotten into 2 fights in 3 days and 1... skirmish I guess I'd call it. All for a guy. Well not just for Jack I am trying to do what's right, it just helps that Jack is really fucking hot.

The teacher came in and told the class that this was a prac lesson so we could get our instruments and "go wild." His words not mine. Seriously who says that?

I got up and quickly strode for the guitars so I wouldn't be left with a shit one. I hate getting left with the guitars with only 1 string. As I was reaching towards a guitar another hand collided with mine. I turned to glare but then realised it was Jack.

"Uh, s-sorry Alex. Y-you c-can have it i-if you w-want," he said nervously, recoiling his hand as he did so.

"No, it's fine. You have it," I replied.

"R-really?" he stuttered, seemingly shocked I would give it to him.

"Yeah of course," I said smoothly, even though inside I felt like there was a mosh pit taking place in my stomach. I reached forward for the guitar and turned around to give it to him, but he looked sad and defeated.

"Oh, uh that's fine then," he said dejectedly, like I'd just single-handedly killed his dream or something.

"What's fine?"

"Uh, you having the guitar?" he asked, as if he was unsure of my intentions.

"I was getting it down for you, silly. Why would I take it after I've offered it to you?"

"It's n-not like it hasn't happened b-before."

"What has happened before?" I asked curiously, wondering what had happened to this beautiful boy in the past.

"People offering something and then taking it away..."

"Oh," I said quietly, still unsure as to what he was talking about but not wanting to ask any questions since he seemed to be upset about it all.

"Uh so yeah. I'm gonna go now, you can have the guitar," he whispered. He then turned and ran to the teacher, asking him something, before speed walking out of the classroom.

I went to ask the teacher if I could go to the bathroom and he muttered "Kids and their tiny bladders."

So that means Jack went to the bathroom too. Now all I need to do is actually find the bathroom. Thank fuck I kept my map from my first day.

I made it to the toilets without trouble thanks to my trusty map, now I'm just hoping I can find Jack in here. I opened the door and looked around. The toilet was painted a peeling blue colour and smelt like shit. There were three urinals on the left and five stalls on the right. As soon as I stepped inside I heard muffled sniffling. Oh shit, please don't be Jack. Please don't be Jack. I looked around and there was only one stall closed so I said "Jack?"

The sniffling stopped and Jack replied "Y-yeah. What d-do you w-want?"

I turned around and locked the door of the bathroom, not wanting anyone to disturb us while we were talking.

"I just want to talk," I said as soothingly as I could, which really wasn't much since I was as nervous as fuck. "Will you come out for me?"

"What do you want to t-talk a-about?" he said, his voice cracking slightly on the last couple of words. Oh the poor thing. What had happened to him?

"I just wanted to see if you were alright."

"I-I'm fine. You can l-leave now."

"Jack, please come out."

He didn't speak for a while so I hoped he was considering his options. After about a minute he stood up and started to open the door, but still seemed to hesitate.

"Jack, please," I pleaded, letting some of my desperation leak into my voice.

"You're the only one out there right? And you don't have your phone out?"

"Yes I'm the only one here and my phone is in my pocket," I said quietly, wondering why he didn't want me to have my phone out. That thought was quickly put to the back of my mind as the door squeaked and he slowly peeked his head out, as if to check if my words were true.

He then opened the door fully and stepped out, squaring his shoulders, like he was getting prepared to protect himself from me. He looked a sorry sight. His hands were curled into his hoodie and his face was red and streamed with tears. I started to walk towards him so I could hug him but he immediately stepped back crossed his arms in a defensive stance.

"W-what do y-you want A-Alex?" he said wearily.

"I just wanted to see if you are ok and it's quite obvious you aren't so can I please give you a hug?" I asked while raising my arms.

"Why do you want to give me a hug? No one has wanted to do that before..." He seemed genuinely confused by my actions and I died a little inside because no one had ever shown this beautiful boy kindness. He also seemed to curl in on himself a little bit. I was seriously considering fucking hurting everyone that had ever hurt this boy. He didn't deserve any of it.

"I just want to comfort you. Please?" I pleaded. I just wanted to show him what it felt like to be loved. He still seemed unsure but nodded anyway. I walked towards him slowly, still with my arms raised, feeling like I was approaching a scared animal. I soon reached him and he stiffened, so I didn't touch him just yet. He relaxed a little so I settled my arms on his waist. He seemed a little unsure of what to do so I quietly whispered "Put your arms around my neck."

He did a little loose so I wrapped my arms around him, trying to encourage him to do the same. He soon squeezed a little tighter and put his head in my neck. Then he started crying again. He quickly back away further and looked horrified.

"I-I'm, I'm sorry A-Alex. I-I can l-leave if you w-want m-me to," he said despairingly. I could tell he actually liked the hug and didn't want to leave.

"Jack, its fine. Come here, its ok."

He cautiously stepped closer and I lifted my arms up, ready for a hug. He took two quick steps towards me and slammed into me so hard I took a step backwards into the wall behind me. He wrapped his arms around me and ducked his face into my neck once again. I slowly wrapped my arms and around him and slid down the wall, bringing him with me.

We were soon on the ground and he was leaning on me and I was leaning on the wall. My heart was slowly breaking with the sound of his heart wrenching sobs. I rubbed my hands up and down his back whispering comforting words. After about half an hour (the bell had already gone for class but I didn't care) he moved backwards but didn't remove his arms from my neck.

"Thankyou," he whispered as soon as he could see my face. "You didn't have to do that. I thought you didn't like me anyways. Are you just doing this to make fun of me? Are Rick and Kyle waiting outside to bombard me with cameras? Why are you doing this?"

Oh god. Poor Jack. My poor Jack. No Alex. Bad Alex. He's not yours. Yet.

"I just want to get to know you and be your friend. Those assholes probably hate me with a fiery passion at the moment so no they aren't waiting outside. Unless it's to bash me up. Of course I like you, why would you think otherwise?"

He hung his head and whispered "You were glaring at me this morning."

"I was glaring at the bruise." He looked up, confused, so I brushed my hand softly over his cheek. "Where did you get this? It wasn't there when I dropped you off to the nurses' office."

"Uh, Kyle follows me home sometimes if he doesn't think I got enough of a beating that day."

"Oh Jack. I won't let them hurt you ever again ok?"

"Ok, thank you Alex," he whispered.

"Anytime. I just want to make sure you're safe and ok. So will you be my friend?" I asked, kind of nervous.

"I haven't had a friend since year five. I don't know what to do," he replied, unsure of himself. My heart took another blow at his words. "But if you want to be my friend then I will give it a try."

He then smiled and it was the first genuine smile of his I'd seen and it took my breath away. He was so beautiful. I will never let anyone hurt him again.

"Of course I want to be your friend. Let's get to class. I don't even think he will notice we've been gone for a period of his class."

He smiled even wider at my words and hugged me close for a second. Seeming to take in my scent.

"Let's go... Friend."