Status: Updating every Sunday

It's Gonna Be My Year

Save Me

We walked in to math late and told the teacher that I had gotten lost and Jack had to help me find my way to the classroom. I guess there are some perks to being new.

After Jack had his mini-breakdown-thing we just stood there for a while and then I suggested we should probably get back to class. We had started walking to the music room and the bell had rung for next period so we started running. We made it in about two minutes, picked up our bags and ran to the next class. And I just fucking loooved math. Ah well, at least I had Jack to keep me company.

As the day progressed I learnt more and more about Jack, and learnt just how similar to me he actually was. We had the same excellent taste in music, had the same views on almost everything and if we didn't we just had little debates about it until one of us giving in. I also learnt we had the exact same timetable and that means that this year there was actually something good about PE; I got to see Jack change. Woah Alex. That's not creepy or anything.

Ok so I was getting to be a little obsessed with Jack. But who cares? I was gay and he was hot. It was totally ok for me to develop a crush on him. Ugh. Well at least I had made some progress today. He was actually talking to me quite a lot. I just really wanted to help him.

"Hey Alex?" He asked cautiously. Oh no. How long had I been zoning out for?

"Uh, yeah?"

"The bell went for lunch," he replied, seeming a little unsure with himself. I looked around and saw everyone else had gone.

"Oh well I guess it did. Come on, let's go."

We walked towards the cafeteria and waited in line to get our food. Today it was meat surprise! And it really was a surprise as I wasn't sure what was in it. I noticed Jack didn't get anything, but decided to ask him about it later. We started walking towards Rian's table when Jack suddenly stopped beside me, seeming to panic about something.

"What's wrong?" I asked him quickly, kinda concerned as I hadn't seen anything to set him off. He just stood there with a look of panic on his face.

"Uh Jack?" I asked gently whilst reaching out my hand to gently touch his shoulder. That seemed to snap him out of... whatever had happened.

"Um that's the jocks' table," he replied quietly. Ohh. I quickly scanned the room and saw we were walking right towards it.

"Come on. Don't worry, they won't bother you. I promise. And if they do they'll pay." I smiled sweetly at the end of my sentence, trying to make it seem like I hadn't just threatened someone. No way. Not me, sweet little Alexander.

We started walking again towards Rian's table, me standing closest to the Jocks' table when one of them called out "Hey fag? Finally got a friend? Is he a faggot too?"

I quickly saw Kyle trying to shush him, but it was too late. I had already heard. I felt Jack freeze beside me again and I turned to see how he was feeling. He looked scared and I never wanted him to look like that again. I turned to Jack and gave him my milk and salad off of my tray and turned towards the table. I faced Kyle and said menacingly "What have I told you about bullying Jack?"

I then promptly took my tray and flipped it upside down, slamming it onto the head of the guy who had called out to Jack, making the 'meat surprise' go into his hair. And by the looks of it he spent a lot of time on his hair in the mornings. He quickly turned to me, enraged, but I just lifted the tray from his head and slammed it into his nose. He cried out and tears came to his eyes because ouch. I mean have you ever been hit in the nose? It fucking hurts like a bitch.

"Leave Jack alone. All of you. Or you will get much worse than this," I said smirking as I gestured towards the now sobbing guy. Fucking sook.

I turned and walked back towards Jack and took my milk and salad out of his hand and said thankyou. I once again started to walk to Rian's table and he just stood there with his mouth open. "Are you coming or what?" I asked.

He caught up to me and surprised me with a hug. Man he was getting good at this shit. I think I could stay in his arms forever. I quickly hugged him back so he wouldn't get the wrong idea

"Thankyou you so much. No one had ever stood up for me before, let alone in front of the entire school. This means so much to me. Thankyou for being my friend Lexy," he whispered into my ear. He pulled away and I found myself wanting him to come back.

"Lexy?" I asked curiously. He started blushing.

"Ahh, it's just a, ah nickname?" he seemed to question himself at the end.

"Aw you're blushing!" I exclaimed, delighted. "That's so cute! And so is that nickname! Could you get anymore adorable?"

If anything this just made him blush more, which in my eyes made him even cuter, and I honestly didn't think that was possible.

"Uh thanks."

We started walking to the table (again) and actually made it this time! Score!

"Well you guys know each other so there's no need for awkward introductions," I said happily. I'm starting to like this school a lot. Jack and Rian got on fine as soon as I brought up Blink 182. Jack was so cute and animated when he got to talking about something he liked. He was currently gesturing wildly, describing a concert of theirs he had gone to.

The rest of the day I just spent talking to Jack and Rian. We all had the same English class so we got to enjoy the works of Shakespeare. I really fucking hate Shakespeare. More than I hate math which is saying something. The final bell rang and I almost cheered. The teacher had been talking about Macbeth for about an hour. I just don't get English it seems. We split up with Rian because his locker was in the opposite direction to mine and Jack's. We said our goodbyes and Jack and I walked to our lockers, which were only two away from each other. How had I not noticed this before?

I quickly got the books I needed for tonight's homework and went to Jack's locker.

"Hey, uh, would you um, like to come to my house this afternoon?" I asked nervously. God damnit why did he have to be so fucking attractive?

"Sure, just let me finish getting my things and then we can go," he replied easily. And then he smiled. He fucking smiled! Ugh why does he have to be hot? It's hard enough trying not to crush on him already because of his great personality! Let alone his fucking fantastic body!

"OK, I'm done."

We walked out to the car and I opened the back door for Jack to get in first, then walked around to the other side. He started blushing again.

"Hi sweetie, who's this?" Mom asked curiously.

"Uh this is Jack, Mom."

"Oh yes. Jack. How could I have not guessed? Alex has talked a lot about you." Thanks Mom. That wasn't embarrassing or anything.

"Yeah well he's coming over for the afternoon. Hope that's ok," I said, well more like demanded but whatever.

Mom didn't say anything else, she just smirked at me through the mirror because I had told her all about Jack, including my little crush on him and the fact he's bisexual.

When we got to my house Jack and I just played my Xbox for a little while before he said he had to go home. We said goodbye and he hugged me. I could definitely get used to the hugging thing. It was nice, especially since it came with the nice warm feeling that only comes with Jack. I didn't know how to describe it. I Lay back on my bed just thinking about my day and how good it turned out. I really hoped this crush didn't develop further though because I was sure Jack wouldn't feel the same way about me. I sighed and ignored that negative thought, just thinking about the way I felt in Jack's arms.

Jack's POV

I walked home from Alex's since it was just around the corner. As soon as I walked in the house I smelled the distinct scent of cigarettes, and scrunched my nose up at it. I hated it. I hated living here too.

"Where have you been, faggot?" Oh shit. I was hoping they wouldn't be home yet. I cringed back as the man from my nightmares came up to me.

Please, Alex. Please save me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the cliffhanger. Well, no I'm not. Hoped you enjoyed!