Status: Updating every Sunday

It's Gonna Be My Year

Chapter 8

It had been a week since the fight, I was healing up nicely and my mum didn’t care that I’d gotten into a fight… very much. My dad, well, I don’t know what he thinks. I still got a scolding but when I told her what had happened she forgave me. I also told Jack about Kyle’s ‘master plan.’ Jack looked a little upset but I assured him it would never happen. We just promised each other to stay with another person at all times. But what a fucking idiot, why would you tell the best friend of the person you were picking on you were going to hurt them? I am so over stupidity.
It was Thursday afternoon and I was getting ready to call Jack, like I’d done every night since we began dating, but my mum called me downstairs for dinner. I basically pouted because I was that fucking excited to talk to him. I am wrapped around his finger and he doesn’t even know. God Jack, the things you do to me.
After dinner I had a shower and called Jack like I normally would. We just talked about everything and nothing. I went to sleep, feeling content with my life, a feeling I haven’t had for a long, long time.
THE NEXT DAY
The big bruise on my jaw had finally faded enough so you wouldn’t be able to see it unless you were looking for it. I’m so fucking glad those jocks were suspended. Dicks. I suffered through my classes without any friends and talked during the ones with them. Finally it was time for music and I was feeling really excited. Apparently we were getting a composition task and I couldn’t wait to start working on it. Jack and I had already had 2 more practises with each other and one with Rian and I thought we sounded fucking amazing. Well they did but I seemed to work well enough with them to make it sound good.
We’d been doing theoretical work for the past fortnight and I really hoped we got to play the instruments soon. I could hear the guitars calling out to me. I went and sat down between Jack and Rian and waited for the teacher to come in. It wasn’t a long wait and as soon he walked in and immediately handed us sheets about our next assessment. It was a composition task! Fuck yes! We are going to ace this.
Music was really just the teacher telling us about the task and when he finished talking Jack, Rian and I started to plan our song. I hadn’t brought my lyric book today but we had made plans to meet up tomorrow. Music was soon over and Rian left, I still had to get some things from my locker so we split up and Jack came with me so we could have some couple time.
“Hey, how was your day? Did you miss me?” Jack asked teasingly.
“I was sooo fucking bored without you. I had English today and I hate English. I hate our own language. Does that make me fucked up?”
“No don’t worry, I really hate English too,” he blushed while saying this and I was about to ask why when a group of jocks jumped out at us. Again. God this was getting so fucking old.
“What the fuck do you want?” I noticed Kyle wasn’t with them and the leader was that Rick guy. I am getting so sick of these idiots. Seriously.
“Tut, tut. Manners little Gaskarth, wouldn’t want us to do something you’d regret,” Rick said, annoyingly. I didn’t even know he could talk. Though apparently not well as that sentence did not make a lick of sense. Also what the fuck did a lick of sense even mean? Since when was a lick a unit of measurement? OR maybe that’s the point. I didn’t know and I realised I should probably pay attention to the body language of these buffoons.
They seemed relaxed enough but I was still ready for a fight. I had shrugged my bag off and Jack had done the same. One of Rick’s lackeys kept glancing over his shoulder and another was staring over mine but they looked anxious so I thought they were worried a teacher was going to come. Oh how wrong I was.
Suddenly about 5 more jocks were in front of us and when I turned to look 5 more were behind us. 15 against 2. That’s totally fair. I could feel Jack still next to me and I reached for his hand, trying to reassure him. I was looking for a way out. One more guy came out and guess who it was? Kyle of course! God this guy was getting on my fucking nerves.
“Well, well, well. What do we have here boys? Just a couple of little fags alone in a hallway. Or should I say, not so alone,” Kyle said, sounding a little like a villain. Who the fuck did this guy think he was? Moriarty or something. Ok I lied before, I didn’t hate English, just the parts that weren’t crime fiction. I seriously loved studying Sherlock Holmes. And again I was in my head when I needed to be observing. Great job, Alex.
I slipped the hand that wasn’t holding Jack’s, my right hand, into my pocket and opened my phone. I was pretty adept at typing without looking so I thought I could do this. The idiot jocks hadn’t even noticed I had done this and I hoped they didn’t notice when my pocket started to wiggle.
I opened my messages and put in Rian’s number and sent him a quick text. Hopefully.
Alex: Teacher. My locker. Quickly. Shit I really hoped that worked, if it didn’t Jack and I were screwed.
“SO you know what the plan is boys. Let’s begin.” Kyle finished with a creepy smile. What the fuck was this guy’s issue though? He had some serious problems. Unfortunately Jack and I had a problem too. That problem was about 10 guys advancing towards us. Shit.
3 went towards Jack and that left me with 7. I couldn’t bash up 7 guys. Oh shit. Please, that text better have worked. Please, please, please. ‘Just leave Jack alone again,’ I begged in my head. But of course they went for Jack. And of course there were 7 of them to restrain me.
“We don’t like it when we get embarrassed by children,” one of them whispered into my ear. I realised it was Rick. There were two guys holding my arms and one holding my midriff. I tried struggling but they had much larger muscles than I did. Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. The 3 guys were still advancing on Jack and he was being backed into a corner.
Two of the guys grabbed his arms and pulled him forwards so he only about 2 metres from me. I started struggling harder and another guy put his hand in front of my chest and the guy with his arms around my middle moved one to my neck. Shit I was getting choked. How far were they willing to go?
I heard a gasp of pain and realised that Jack had been hit. I had stopped struggling in order to gain my breath back and rest a bit. I needed a game plan. I looked at Jack and suddenly all my reasonable, logical thoughts went out the window.
“Jack!” I screamed in desperation.
Jack was being held by two guys and another two were whaling on him. One of them turned to smirk at me and I realised it was Kyle. That son of a bitch was NOT going to get away with hurting my Jack. My boyfriend.
I started to struggle a lot harder than I had been doing considering Jack’s face was covered in blood. I was about ready to sob. Jack was whimpering and calling my name. I was struggling but couldn’t get anywhere. Kyle came to talk to me and turned my head away from Jack so I was looking at him. I growled, still struggling against my captors but it seemed to be of no use. Jack was getting hurt because of my incompetence. He got up really close to my face and said “Aww. Poor wittle Awex. Are you feeling ok? At least you’re looking better than the other fag. This is what happens if you mess with us, kid. Don’t do it again.”
I then pulled my head back and then whipped it forward, smashing it into his, and him smashing into the guy who was restraining my chest. They both tumbled to the ground. I then let my head rebound backward and it smashed into the guy who was choking me. Kyle stumbled backward in shock and the guy choking me let go in surprise. I heard Jack yell my name but tried to ignore it. Hopefully he’s still ok. He HAS to be ok.
I kicked backwards and the guy choking me completely let go. I pushed my elbow towards Rick’s kidney and twisted towards him with all my might, flinging the guy holding onto my left arm into Rick. They both let go and me and I punched them both twice until they fell, unconscious. Fucking wimps. I quickly turned around and kicked the guy who had been choking me in the family jewels. Very, very hard.
I turned back and ran towards Jack kicking out the legs of his attacker and pushing his chest the way he was falling, using his momentum against him. I kicked one of the guys holding Jack in the chest and punched him until he fell. I then turned to the other one, only to turn right into a punch. And fuck that hurt. He hit me right on my eye. I couldn’t see out of the eye that just got punched but was still able to kick this asshole and punch him a couple of times before kicking him in the nuts.
10 down. 5 to go. But I was getting extremely tired. My text to Rian must not have worked. I glanced down to Jack and that was a mistake. I let out a whimper at the sight of my boyfriend. Oh my poor baby, I promised I’d protect him. I’m such a failure.
The other 5 guys were advancing towards me. I stood over Jack, I wasn’t going to let him get hurt again. But that basically meant getting myself hurt. One of the guys threw a punch and I barely blocked it in time. I was exhausted. I just wanted to curl up next to Jack in bed. Why did we have to be the ones who dealt with this? I just wanted Jack to be safe.
I was getting punched in the stomach and I received a nasty blow to the head. I fell and was quick, well as quick as I could be in this state, to fall softly onto to Jack. I didn’t have anywhere near my entire body weight on him, I was just resting on his frame to stop him from being hurt.
I was quickly dragged away from Jack by the idiots though. At least all five of them were focused on me. I tried to curl into a ball but was in too much pain. They were kicking my ribs and head and I heard a crack. I think it was my rib as I felt more pain there than anywhere else on my body. I screamed in pain and heard an echoing scream. I thought it was myself for a minute but when I looked over to Jack he was starting to crawl his way towards me.
“Alex!” Jack screamed. He sounded even more desperate than I was before.
“Alex!!” I thought it was Jack again but it sounded different. I didn’t figure out why before one last kick to the head knocked me out.
The next time I woke up I was surrounded by a blinding white. I blinked and realised I was in a hospital and next to my bed was my mum, asleep in a chair, holding onto my hand. I blinked again just to see Jack walk in the door with a bunch of flowers in his hands. Flowers he dropped when he realised I was awake and rushed forward to see me properly. His bright, brown eyes surrounded by bruising were the last things I saw before I was passed out again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. Thanks for reading my story. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! Don't worry Alex won't be hurt too badly.