Status: Completed

Oh, Calamity

I'm Gonna Break Down These Walls

Tonight’s show is in Houston, Texas, and it’s been really awesome so far. It’s our fourth show on the tour and everything’s been going great. Jack and I have been making all our usual dumb jokes and acting all flirtatious towards each other like we always do, especially tonight.
I kind of keep making mistakes though because I can’t help continually checking Jack out a little bit. He’s wearing a black JAGK shirt with black skinnies and even though he’s all sweaty and gross from the show, he still looks really good in black. I think he’s been watching me too, but I can’t be sure and I could just be imagining it.

“’Cause I’m damned if I do ya, damned if I d-d-d-
“Damned if I do ya, damned if I don’t!”
I finish singing the song and I dance around the stage while playing the guitar outro. I finish it with a yell and I throw my hands in the air as the crowd yells, letting my red guitar swing from my shoulders. I really like this one because it’s got a black ATL symbol on the front and I think it looks awesome.
“That was terrible, Alex! I could have sang that better through my butthole!” calls Jack, his matching black and purple guitar swinging from its guitar strap like mine is.
“Shut the fuck up, Jackass!” I yell back.
“Don’t make me come over there!” Jack yells in response.
“What’re you gonna do?” I ask cheekily.
“I might kiss you!”
The crowd screams at that, and they start chanting “Do it, do it, do it!”
Jack shrugs, drops his guitar, makes his way over to me and pecks me on the nose. My stomach does a little flip, but I ignore it. Not now, we’re on stage.
The crowd screams a fair bit, but some people are still yelling at us.
“That wasn’t a proper kiss, Jack!” a girl in the front row yells.
“Oh, you didn’t think that was proper?” Jack calls. “Okay then, I’ll show you proper.” And then he kisses me full on the lips.
It should have been a fleeting kiss, but I feel like it means something more. The crowd’s going wild, but I barely notice. When Jack pulls away, he stares into my eyes for a second, but then jogs away with red cheeks towards his mic and picks up his guitar without another word.
“O-okay,” I say shakily. “Uh, let’s play another song!”
We finish the set acting all normal towards each other mostly, but I keep sneaking glances at Jack and he keeps looking at me too. That kiss definitely meant something, but I’m not sure what and I’m scared to find out.

When we get off stage we wish PTV luck with their show and head into the dressing room to gather our stuff for showers. The music side of the show had gone pretty well considering how little we’d practiced, and we were all pretty stoked on it.

“Hey,” a voice whispers in my ear as I head towards where our bags are at, Zack and Rian rummaging through them and paying no attention to us. “Can I talk to you? Alone?”

“Yeah,” I reply. “Wait until Zack and Rian go for their shower.”

We head over to gather our shit, deliberately lagging behind. When Zack and Rian leave, Jack turns to me, looking nervous.

“Okay, so, um, I kind of have something to tell you.”

My heart started beating faster, but I nod and gesture for him to go on.

“So, uh, I kind of lied to you about having a girlfriend. I freaked out and I didn’t want to tell you that… I like you. Well, I didn’t realise that I liked you until then, but I’m sure of it now. You don’t understand how sorry I am about what I put you through, and how much I regret not returning your calls or anything. I understand if you’re mad at me and I’m sorry about kissing you because I know you don’t-” I cut him off by leaning over and kissing him. He tenses up at first, surprised, but then relaxes and starts kissing me back.

“If I said I wasn’t mad, I’d be lying, because I am a bit,” I say when we pull away for breath. “You don’t the extent of the shit I went through. But I think you can make it up to me,” I say with a smile and a wink. “Besides, I sort of lied too. I never really stopped liking you.” Jack grins and pulls me in for another kiss.

“Hey, also,” I say. “I didn’t know you liked guys.”

“Well, neither did I,” he says sheepishly. “You kind of made me realise that I’m gay. That’s why I’ve never had an emotional attachment to a girl.” I breathe a sigh of relief as I realise that his lack of romance and interest in relationships won’t be a problem, cuz I’d worried about that too.

I smile and lean in for another kiss, kind of satisfied with the thought that I made him go gay. I know that’s not really true, but it’s fun to think it.

“Come on,” I say eventually. “If we keep going someone might walk in on us. And you seriously need a shower. You smell like a butt crack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title cred: "Walls" by All Time Low