Status: Completed

Oh, Calamity

No ***ing Fun

“Whoa, it’s so nice here.”

“Yeah, much quieter than back on the bus. Vic seriously needs an off switch.” I laugh at that and readjust my grip on Jack’s hand. The fact that we’re holding hands is giving me serious butterflies and I love it.

We’re currently in Orlando, Florida, and Jack and I are out for a walk in a nearby park because Vic’s giving everyone a headache back on the bus. Apparently the singer from Sleeping with Sirens is from here and Vic won’t fucking shut up about it. He denies it but I swear he’s got the biggest crush on that guy.

The park is huge and made of all green grass and willowy trees, and it’s almost deserted despite being next to a football field and a bunch of houses. I guess it’s because there’s no play fort for little kids and all the older kids who would play soccer here and stuff are in school.

The only sounds we can hear are the leaves rustling in the breeze, the birds chirping and the sound of water. There’s a lake on the other side of the park, just enhancing the park’s tranquil feel.

“Hey, remember when we were in middle school and we used to spend all our lunch times climbing trees?” Jack asks.

“Oh, yeah!” I laugh. “Mr Armstrong used to scream at us for that, but we still did it every day.”
“Wanna go try and climb that tree?” he asks, pointing towards a nearby tree.

“Sure. I’ll race ya!” I immediately take off with Jack sprinting behind me, laughing. Suddenly I feel something jerk me backwards and I go tumbling onto the grass as a tall, lanky figure runs past, laughing evilly.

“JACK, YOU DICKWEED!!! GET THE FUCK BACK HERE!!”

Jack jogs over to me and promptly tumbles to the ground beside me, wheezing with laughter and clutching a stitch in his side.

“You’re an ass,” I state, but that just makes him laugh harder. I look down at him in mock disgust as he rolls on the ground, messing up his hair and covering himself in grass.

“Oh, I’m sorry baby, did I hurt you?” he says in a mocking tone when he finally manages to catch his breath and sit up. I pout and stick my pinkie finger in his face, which has a small scratch on it from when I fell.

Jack gently lifts my hand to his mouth and gives the scratch a little kiss, his eyes on mine the whole time with a slightly seductive look in them. “Better?”

“Hmm, I don’t know…” I sigh. “I’m kinda pissed that my boyfriend is such an ass.”

“Well, since you called me your boyfriend for the first time…” He leans over and kisses me slowly on the lips, lingering there for longer than is appropriate being out in public. I don’t care, though. We haven’t quite made the relationship official and we haven’t told the other guys about it yet, so we don’t get moments like this very often.

“Any better yet?” he asks as he pulls away. I smile and nod, and he gets up off the ground and brushes the grass off his ass before offering a hand to help me up.

“Wanna go climb that tree now?”

“Nah, I think we should go check out the lake.”

Jack sighs loudly. “Fine, we’ll go look at the big hole of fucking water.” I poke my tongue out at him and grab his hand to drag him along the path towards the lake.

We walk along the wooden jetty thing over the lake until we reach the little platform at the end that looks out across the water.

I flop down on the bench and Jack sits beside me, so close that our legs or pressed against each other’s. He wraps an arm around my shoulders and uses a hand to gently turn my face towards his so he can kiss me. I close my eyes and sigh slightly in content as he moves his mouth slowly and sweetly against mine, lightly running his fingers along my face and into my hair.

“You’re so gorgeous,” he murmurs, making me blush.

“I love you,” I say shyly and for the first time.

“I love you too, Alex.” He smiles and kisses me again.

“Hey, look at that!” I yell suddenly, jumping up and running to the edge of the platform.

“What!?” he says, running along to where I am. “I don’t see anything.”

“There!” I exclaim, crouching down and leaning further off the edge, stretching my arm out to point into the water. “It’s a whole school of fish! How cool is that?”

“Wow, fish. I’m so fucking excited I might piss myself.”

“Oh, you’re no fun.”

“Hey, yes I am. This is fun, watch!” And he picks me up and throws me into the water. Ass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title cred: "King for a Day" by Pierce the Veil feat. Kellin Quinn