Amnesia

Chapter 1

I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted. I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted.

Peter was driving. Just… Driving. He needed to get away from his house and from thoughts of Him. The thoughts that had sprung back to his mind since the whole gay scandal had hit the news. He had seemed so angry- Peter shook his head hard. Forget Him. His eyes scanned out of the window as he drove, spotting that high wall. Spotting the old park that let out by the Hudson. All the places they would sit with that stolen alcohol and sit, drinking, laughing and fooling around. At least, until Norman had found out and flipped his shit. Peter parked the car and slowly got out, heading over to the park and sitting in one of the swings, letting himself swing loosely in the breeze.

……..

Harry was sat on the swing, giggling as he swung high, Peter laughing as he pushed him higher and higher. A squeal escaped Harry’s lips when he slipped backwards; only to fall into Peter’s arms and be held tightly.

“Good job that you’re a skinny little kid, huh, Har?”

“Drop me again and I will beat your ass.”

“More like you’ll get your body guards to beat my ass.”

“You got it Parker.”

They moved over to one of the benches, Peter sitting down and Harry sprawling out on the rest of the bench, resting his head in Peter’s lap.

“Peter… I need to tell you something.”

“It sounds bad.”

“It is bad.”

“What is it?”

Harry sat up and held Peter’s hands.

“Dad is… Sending me away. For school. To France.”

“You’re going to France..?”

“Yea… I was given no choice in the matter. The papers are signed and I leave tonight…”

“So I can come and visit you..?”

“I don’t think that will ever happen, Peter.”

“Well, you can come back and visit, right?”

“I doubt it Peter.”

“This isn’t…”

“This is it for us Peter…”

Peter got up and stared at Harry whose gaze was fixed upon the stars, not a hint of any kind of emotion showing. Tears slid down Peter’s cheeks as he swallowed hard.

“Are you-”

“Breaking up with you? Yes.”

Harry stood up and straightened his suit as he looked over at Peter. He took a step over and kissed his him hard. Peter automatically kissed back; Harry’s lips tasted like that goddamned watermelon lip Chap Stick he insisted on wearing.

“I’m so sorry…”

Peter just stood, watching Harry walk out of his life before collapsing onto the bench, holding his head in his hands and sobbing.