Miss Missing You

Chapter 2

"That was the first time I ever met him. He was so charming, you couldn't help but love him."

Harry smiled and patted his lap for May to clamber into it, holding her tightly as he looked up at Peter.

"Is he why my name is Peter?"

Harry nodded.

"And May is named after his Aunt May, a truly amazing woman in her own right. She was an angel living in a hell... But she made the best of everything. She's the main reason Peter turned out so well. I'm proud I could have called her my Aunt."

"Tell us more about Spider-Man, Daddy!"

Harry grinned up at Peter and thought for a little while.

---------------

It was Harry's tenth birthday and his Father didn't seem to care; that was nothing new. Not even the staff seemed to know. That wasn't what bothered Harry. What bothered the nearly ten-year-old was that his best friend hadn't mentioned anything about it. He had just turned to double digits; was that not an accomplishment? Harry peered at Peter as they walked down the street, crossing his arms in annoyance.

"You not even gonna say it?"

"Say what?"

"Happy birthday?"

"Why would I say that?"

"Because it's my birthday?"

Harry was hurt. Peter hadn't even remembered his best friend's birthday. Did he mean that little to him?

"Oh damn! I forgot. Harry, I'm so sorry."

Harry shrugged and slumped in his jacket.

"Doesn't matter I guess."

Peter opened the door to his small house and Harry slid in behind him, to let out a scream of shock when Aunt May and Uncle Ben jumped out from behind the sofa, birthday decorations up on the walls.