Status: Comment, sub, rec :)

The Mixtape of Hatred

coffee shop soundtrack

Jack could feel his heart crushing into a million pieces as his deep brown eyes stared at the older boy. He couldn't take this anymore. All he wanted was to be loved, he never really intended for this to happen. Seeing Tanner in his workplace was bad enough, but seeing Alex admit that he no longer loves him is so much worse.

Even though he knew that he had no hope to begin with.

He could feel himself tearing up as he looked down and took off his apron, muttering an apology to Brent and immediately rushing to the locker rooms to grab his backpack and go home.

"Jack! Your shift hasn't ended yet! Where the fuck are you going?!" he could hear Brent shout to the direction of the locker rooms. The tall boy didn't care if he ended up losing his job after this, he can always apply for Starbucks, or The Coffee Bean, he just knew that he needed to go home and possibly never leavehis bed ever again.

"Jack, if you walk out of that door, I swear-" he heard his manager cut himself off, eyeing his tear stained face as he muttered a half hearted goodbye.

*****


Jack wasn't really the revenge type, he'd pretty much let Alex go twice because he knew that he would never be the boy Alex wanted him to be, and him being in a relationship shouldn't have bothered him so much.

Frankly, he thought he deserved it. Why is he getting so worked up about this? Is it because he'd just gotten used to not being able to see the boy love him back? Is it because he'd just witnessed a confession from the other boy? Is it because he's pathetic?

Probably the last one.

But to be fair, he'd never thought that he'd be in this position, sitting on his sofa with his laptop in his hands, adding song to song from a website that he'd learned developed the Mixtape he'd received, which was only accessable by the broken. It was like magic, per se, he was about to throw away the god forsaken mixtape when he found the card.

The Mixtape of Hatred was custom made by ModernMixes.com. If you wish to place an order, your code is CXGH55.

So he thought, why not?

Well, he didn't think that, his broken subconsious did. And he didn't have the heart to address it to Alex, he knew that the other boy had moved on and that's what he really wanted, for the other boy to be happy, so he addressed it to the one who took away his chance of maybe being someone Alex deserved.

Tanner Anderson.

*****


Summary of Order:
Twelve tracks, appearing custom captions, sleek black CD artwork.
Addressed to: Tanner Anderson.


Jack stared at the screen, debating if he really did want to do this. Would it be worth it? Tanner has done nothing but fix Alex, was this really the out he wanted?

Frankly, it wasn't. Deep down, he wanted Alex to love him back, he wanted to have a life, he wanted to stop crying because of the boy and his stupid relationship and his stupid perfect boyfriend. If he had a girlfriend, at least he'd get over it quicker because he can just say that the boy's straight and doesn't want him that way, but he's not, and it's frustrating. Honestly, deep down he was jealous of Tanner. He's pretty much the boy Jack'll never be, he's undenyingly perfect and there are no visible flaws on him other than the fact that he's an overdramatic, clingy bitch.

The beauty of the website was the fact that all you had to do was describe the person, and it'll automatically locate them and send it to their address, which was kind of freaky but convinient because he had no idea where Tanner lives and he kinda wants him to suffer without having to stalk him in order to find out where he lives.

It was fairly simple, all he had to do was type in his name, hair colour, eye colour, additional details such as workplace (he really didn't know this one) and current relationship. And ding, the picture of Tanner with Alex kissing his cheek came up and all he had to do was click it. The picture was undoubtedly taken from Tanner's instagram page, and it shouldn't have bothered him much, but seeing it makes him want to add more tracks to make him suffer the way he did, to see himself from the past miss so many chances to maybe get the love of his life, even though in Tanner's version, he ends up getting him.

He sighed, maybe this was how Verity felt when they broke up, maybe she made this mix because she felt so worthless and uncared for, maybe it's because she knew that his heart was never hers in the first place.

But right now, all he wants is to click confirm and do all of the shitty payment method he has to do.

So he did.

*****


Jack went back to work three days after the 'Tanner and Alex' incident, with his boss hugging him tightly and telling him to sit in his office for half of his shift, because he knew that Jack was still not himself. It wasn't until about midday that he walked out with a fresh face and started serving strange orders with a smile.

Brent looked happy to see that the other boy was finally happy.

Until a person decided to do the unthinkable.

"Hey, if I order an Espresso, will you give me your number?" some sleazy guy said to Jack as he punched the last girl's money. Brent was on barista duty so he had to deal with shitty customers doing shitty shit.

"Well, you might get Brent's number," Jack smiled, "What would it be today, Sir?"

"Lowfat Latte," He answered, "And your number."

Jack sighed, writing the order on the carton coffee cup, "Name?"

"John," he smirked.

Jack grimanced as he looked at the guy's face. He might be attractive, sure, but he looks like a creep, so he smiled politely and wrote the number of a sex hotline underneath his name, hoping to god this guy doesn't come here ever again.

"I work Sundays," He lied.

*****


His day was exhausting, he hated dealing with customers, it was mostly Brent's job because he's that stereotypical hipster guy a lot of girls tend to adore, tomorrow he's gonna ask Brent to switch, hoping to god the other boy agrees because dealing ith coffee, a liquid that he's certain cannot talk back to him, was so much better than dealing with humans who giggle and tell him he's adorable when he stutters.

Disgusting.

So when he opens door to his apartment, he wasnt expecting a package to be delivered to him.

"Heartbreak pack," he read out loud, shrugging as he opens it to see that the small boy he had in his arms had a fuck load of things he knew shouldn't have fit in that tiny little box.

It had chocolates, a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, a kitten (yes, an actual living kitten), a book, a couple of photos sealed in an envelope, a mix cd, and a get well card. He was a little weirded out, because he knew that the only animal allowed in the complex is kittens and cats, because they're not as noisy as dogs and they don't run around like dogs, but seeing that tiny kitten look at him with wide eyes, he doesn't have the heart to throw it out.

The kitten was very small, with one blue eye and one green eye, it had soft brown, blonde (well, light brown that looks like blonde), and white fur and it was the size of Jack's palm. It adorably purred in his hand as the boy strokes it with his finger, smiling at how it was small it is. He didn't really bother checking if the little creature had balls or not, and frankly, the adorableness of the small creature made him want to name it 'Alex'.

But he stopped himself, Alex doesn't love him, Alex never did love him. Everything was a lie, a very cruel one at that.

"Since you look like a tiny little cookie, I'm gonna call you Cookie," Jack grinned as the small kitten mewled happily, "Glad you approve, Cookie."

*****


He spent the rest of the day taking care of the little kitten, he knew that he had to sign the small baby up to the vet, but he knew that he had to take someone with him, so he took Conner, since he's the one person other than him who had a key to his apartment, he figured he'd be a great companion for his journey.

When Conner saw Cookie, he immediately melted and held the small creature in his arms, cooing at it's adorableness.

"Where did you get her?" the boy asked.

Jack shrugged, "Y'know, Cookie could be a he."

"Shut up, until the doctor says otherwise, it's a she."

Both of them ended the small argument with going to the pet store to get some food for Cookie, also a tiny little cage so the little guy doesn't get himself stuck inside the oven while Jack's at work. He knew that he didn't want to Cage the little creature, but it's only until the kitten gets a little bigger so it doesn't fit under the oven.

He also got a pet bed and lots of kitten food, knowing that Cookie's probably hungry and will probably get sleepy one day.

When the two boys went to the vet, Jack threw his hands up in victory when the vet tells them that Cookie is a male. He stuck his tongue out to his pouting friend, who's annoyed at the taller's satisfaction.

"He's possibly only a few weeks old, so I'm gonna perscribe him to vitamins and pet milk, remember to give him only a bowl a day for the milk and just a tea spoon of vitamin gel for him to lick every day."

Jack saluted the doctor.

And who knows, maybe taking care of Cookie will be the one thing that gets Alex out of his mind, possibly forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
i was looking for new glasses bc mine was starting to get uncomfortable and found this model and whoops i guess i found the guy who's p much what i thought brent should look like

also i wanted to be evil and not post this until three weeks from now but i'm feeling kinda nice today so

I kinda finished writing this right after cathy posted her chapter bc i was inspired idk but yeah if ur wondering how small the box is look at the iphone box

And i gave the boy a kitten bc he needs it okay

And the return of conner the best friend who p much disappeared for a couple of chapters and probably will disappear again later

kinda excited for cathy's chapter(s), we have lots of things planned for you guys, so get ready