Status: Completed!

And Then There Was One

Chapter 1 - Ryan Getzlaf

Ryan Getzlaf was hanging out with Bobby Ryan and Corey Perry at his place in Anaheim. Bobby had always been Ryan’s favorite winger that had ever played alongside him. Bobby’s past had been a mystery and yes, when he had finally told his story, Ryan felt sympathy for the young man, but the guy had talent. And the Anaheim Ducks’ captain had nothing but the utmost respect for him.

The three were relaxing outside, in the backyard of the Getzlaf house, when Ryan suddenly got to his feet.

“Anybody need anything? I’m going to get a refill.”

Bobby had fallen asleep and Corey was staring into the distance, zoning out.

“No thanks,” Ryan’s partner-in-crime spoke.

The Ducks’ captain shrugged and walked into his kitchen. He set his cup down on the counter and heaved a deeply, thorough sigh. “Now, where did I put that mixture?!”

He began to rummage through the cabinet in search of the drink mixture he had used. He couldn’t find it. He stuck his hands on his hips, staring at the cabinet in bewilderment.

Suddenly a gloved hand shot around his head and grabbed him over the mouth. Ryan reacted, stumbling backward, as the intruder’s other gloved hand gripped his wrist, almost draining the circulation. His arm was wrenched upward behind his back, at an uncomfortable angle.

“Don’t struggle, it’ll only make things worse!” the voice snapped, behind him.

Ryan was furious, he ignored the warning and jerked against the hold. His sweet, innocent blue eyes pierced with anger, as he gave sharp jolts against the resistance. With each movement, he could sense that the intruder was struggling to keep a hold on him.

The man shoved Ryan against his own wall, still covering his mouth, as the Duck screamed. Though his cries were muffled, he desperately attempted to raise his pitch louder, so that maybe Corey would hear him and come to investigate.

“Corey Perry!” Although the cry sounded more like, “Mmmmy Mmmmy!”

Instead, another man joined in the fun and proceeded to help his friend out. This guy proceeded to bind Ryan’s wrists together. The Duck grunted and tried to put up a valiant scuffle. He managed to piss off the men, flailing his hands around, dodging the efforts to tie them together.

But he could only do so much. Soon his wrists were bound together, tightly behind his back. The men forced him out of his house and shoved him into the trunk of a black 2011 Dodge Charger.

One of them still had his hand covering Ryan’s mouth, while the other vanished from sight and then returned a second later, holding a roll of black electrical tape. He tore off a piece of the tape and stuck it over Ryan’s lips, making the transition and switch rather quickly. It was enough for the Duck captain to at least get out a quick alerting scream.

Sure enough, it had caught the attention of Corey Perry, who rushed to his captain’s aid.

“Getzy!” the winger yowled, horrified, as he saw Ryan thrashing about, bound and gagged helplessly in the trunk. His eyes flashed with a desperate plea, as the men cackled and slammed the trunk door shut.

Corey bolted forward, as the men slipped into the front of the vehicle. It all happened so fast. Corey reached the car, just as it sped off out of the neighborhood at what had to be around fifty or sixty miles per hour, with a loud vroom noise. Ryan’s teammate was in shock, as he watched the car zoom into the distance, with his captain trapped in the trunk.

He had to do something though. He had to help Ryan out. He needed to notify the police at once. And he had to wake Bobby up!

Who would kidnap the Ducks’ Captain and why?