Status: I try to update ASAP but it's also on Wattpad if not.

Isolation Masquerade

Chapter two

Calum stood up scrolling through his phone for a new song. Walking around the room, running into someone. She clutched onto his shirt as she began to fall over, he dropped his phone and caught onto her waist. Something so familiar to him, he pulled her up and looked at her face. Filled with terror yet a star in her eyes, like the ones of the night sky. Her breath quickened as she couldn't take her eyes away from his.

"It's you," he said smiling happily.

"I-I. I don't know wh-what you're talking about. I must leave," she said quickly letting go of him and walking away. Calum reached for her hand and pulled her close.

"Please, don't run away again. I don't want you to leave, stay with me," he pleaded

"I-I. No. I can't, I'm sorry, I just can't do that to you, I'm sorry," she said before running out of the vacation home.

Calum stood there crushed before chasing off after her. Yet when he turned around the corner, she was gone again. Shuffling his way back to the secluded house. He ran upstairs and slammed the door behind him, yelling into pillows. Exposing a childish heartbroken boy that was held in by such a shockingly serious face.

"Taylor, do you think she'll ever just break? You know just fall in his arms and never want to let go," Luke said softly before he pressed his lips on the side of her forehead.

"She's tough, she's a hella stubborn, and she's broken Luke, I'm sure it'll be a while to break her again,"

"Again?"

"Yeah, she has a rough past with relationships and now tries her hardest not to fall in love. It really destroyed her personality,"

"How so?"

"She used to be this outgoing, giddy girl, hell everyone called her Giggles. Then came and went three shit faced heartbreaking relationships. She began losing her happiness, I mean she stopped wearing a smile everyday and always looking at the bright side,"

"Then what happened?" Luke had asked

"What do you mean?"

"Well three relationships had began to break her, from what I hear at this point she's still outgoing and doing okay. So, what destroyed it?"

"He did. Well not Calum, but damn Calum could be his replica. Anyways, his name is Chris and god was he so perfect for her. He was sweet, funny, and he was just amazing in general. Well one day Cara was hanging out with Marcos and well he had a really big crush on her forever and Chris got jealous so he decided to tell her that he has been playing her and using her and cheated on her. Just like she supposedly cheated on him. The big thing is that she was in love with him, head over heels, and to hear that. God, it sent her into the solo Great Depression, she stopped talking so much, she became timid and scared around guys. She stopped going outside because during that argument and I'm sure plenty others, he did something so wrong she flinches at the raising of a mans hand,"

Luke sat there astonished and feeling guilty. He could understand why she went so quiet and scared.

"Calum is different though, yeah he's caring, a total goof, and has the perfect chubs in his face. But he is deep, deep in love with her. This is a two month long phase he hasn't gotten out of until he saw her, can you get him at least one chance to prove himself,"

"I'll try and man do I really hope this works. I'll go get her,"

"You know where she is?"

"Yeah, she went to the beach it's like five blocks away,"

"Why don't we have Cal go,"

"Okay,"

They stood up and went into Calum's destroyed room, sitting on the edge and rubbing his back slowly. staring at each other as they tried to figure out who would tell him.

"Cal, come on. Go after her," Luke finally said

"Why should I? Even if I were to I don't know where she is, and she'll just run away from me. There's no point," he mumbled.

"Look Calum, she's in love with you. Okay? She loves you and she's afraid to make the same mistake she's made last time. Don't raise your hand at all around her, and don't hurt her,"

"Okay," he whispered

"She's at the private beach, she goes there to think, to feel human. I knew she was wearing her bathing suit for a reason. Oh and one more thing, don't look at her thighs, I pre-warn you, don't even mention them if you do,"

He sat up and shooed them out so he could change into his swim shorts, off he went to the private beach. He's gaze of anticipation had soften rapidly as he laid his eyes on her. Walking over to her, running his fingers through his disheveled hair and sighing softly. Sitting down by the edge of the tides where she sat.

They stayed quiet looking out to the horizon, she rested her head on his shoulder as they just sat there. Letting the petite waves rush against the back of their legs to their butt. Sitting there till the sun began to fall and meet with the sea.

"It's beautiful," she said softly after sighing a relaxed feel.

"I wish. I wish that the past was easily forgotten, that oblivion will just take over my mind. I wish I could wake up with amnesia," she continued before softly sniffling.

"But I can't. I must go, I apologize," she said before she stood. Calum jumped up and gently grabbed her hand.

"If you are to leave again, can I at least know your name?"

She sighed softly before turning towards him and kissing his cheek softly.

"It's Cara," she said before slipping her hand out of his grasp, taking her bag and running away.

"Cara," he said with a loving sigh to follow.

"The beautiful Princess Cara," he said before walking home. His lip bitten and soft breathy laughs escaping his lips.

"Cara, Cara, Cara. God Cara, you're such a mystery, I need you in my life, I want you to be mine. But you won't be mine, why? why? why? God Cara, you're killing me," he said to himself the entire way home. Closing the door behind his and flopping on the couch. Staring at the ceiling until he slowly fell asleep. Dreaming about her, did he feel desperate? For her hell yes.

'I wanna thrill you like Michael
I wanna kiss you like Prince
Let’s get it on like Marvin Gaye
Like Hathaway
Write a song for you like this'