Status: I try to update ASAP but it's also on Wattpad if not.

Isolation Masquerade

Chapter Three

The guys were feeling a lot better about the fact that Calum was getting back on his feet. Kinda. Glad they can actually go up on the stage without Calum looking like such a bum and so depressed. Glad he pulled a smile here and there. The boys had their bags packed, Luke spent his last few days with Taylor, Michael with Ashton roaming the avenues, and of course they had to go to the pizza parlor in San Fransico. Calum, well he spent his days just writing, lyrics and a giant letter.

He finished the letter and put it in an envelope, writing a simple positive note from the creator. Calum handed the thick envelope to Luke, his lip bitten and a warning for him not to read it. He only read the envelope and man did it change his point of view on his Cal-Pal. He never knew the kid was romantic and charming as hell. Anyways, on their last day before the tour Luke met up with Taylor as their last date for a couple of months. Even though he prayed he could see her during the tour or at least take her on the tour with him.

"Id love to go on tour with you but, Cara, she's my best friend and I can't leave her like that,"

"That's okay love, we can always Skype and well everything else. Oh and speaking of your pal Cara, Calum asked a favor of you to give this to her," he said sliding the envelope across the table.

"What is this?"

"Well from what I've read on the envelope it's a long ass love letter, I mean he's been writing it since last week when he got home,"

"Wow, he really does care for Cara, I bet she'll love it," Taylor said placing her hand on Luke's and taking the hefty envelope. They stood up after Luke paid for the dinner and dessert.

"I'll walk you home,"

"Actually you can walk me over to Cara's home. I don't want to quite be with my brother tonight, and honestly I am worried about Cara,"

Luke placed his leather jacket over Taylor's shoulders before lacing his fingers in hers.

"Why are you worried?"

"She's been creative, I mean she's been sitting outside and drawing the landscape, drawing anything, and then today she text me, happens that she's been writing poems too. She even reactivated her Facebook and Twitter. I kinda flipped because she hasn't done that in forever,"

Taylor pulled out her phone and sent Luke the drawing that Cara has drawn the latest. The drawing was of the beach, the silent but beautiful time she had watching the sunset with Calum. Luke smiled softly.

"Who did she draw in the picture?" he asked.

Taylor sent the side view drawing to Luke before he brightened and sent them both to Calum.

"She's a great artist like you Taylor, and one day I hope that you will perform a song with me on the stage," he said nudging her shoulder.

They bought some Cold Stone ice cream on the way to Cara's home. Because who wouldn't love a sweet soft serve on a soothing nice walk out bro her friends home. They shared a long sweet kiss goodnight as they reached Cara's doorstep. Cherishing it for it to last them the tour.

Luke went home and had a goodnights rest. Meanwhile Taylor sat by Cara, envelope in hand as Cara contemplated on it.

"I'll read it tonight, before bed, I will, it's a must do I guess," Cara said chewing on her bottom lip as she traced his handwriting on the back of the envelope:

'Dearest Cara. it took some timing and some thought. I'll say I care about you a lot. To see you is an honor, your eyes are phenomenal the way they solemnly hold the stars from the day we met. Please, read this letter, just give me a chance. Yours Truly, Calum'

She sighed and pressed her soft pink lips against Calum's signature lightly. Once again softly sighing before she began painting the countryside landscape. As she laid in bed staring at the envelope until she opened it carefully. Biting her lip as she took out five pieces of paper and unfolding them. Reading the first page over and over, letting her heartbeat increase, her stomach drop, and a chill of excitement and fluster course through out her body and mind. Deciding to save the last four pages for the next few nights.
----------------------------------------

Their first show was in New York City in Times Square. Michael and Ashton fell asleep in the most awkward position Luke has ever seen. Luke was Skyping Taylor, who told him about the big news that made Luke smile bright and look over at Calum who stared out the window. Luke wondered when he would get the news, pushing the thought away and returning his attention to Taylor.

Calum's phone dinged, he sighed softly and opened his phone to see a lot of twitter notifications. Yet one stood out the most, his eyes widened slowly as a wide smile was carved onto his lips. He went onto Twitter and scrolled through everything till he found it.

'Hey Calum,
So I've been thinking about your letter. I've only read the first page so far because I want to save a page for every night. Your words are sweet and I thank you for them, you've made my night and I'm sure the rest will make the rest of my nights. I will admit I really do feel the same way I just can't. I'm afraid. I hope you understand. That's why I run away, it's because I don't want to get hurt so badly again. Anyways good luck and have fun on tour. I'll uh I'll see you in the long run, cause it seems you tend to find me wherever I go. Goodbye.
Truly Yours, Cara.'

Calum sighed and just had to reply.

'I'm glad you like my letter Cara, and even though you try to avoid me and run away. It's not going to stop me from caring for you loves, I hope that one day you'll give me a chance to prove myself to you that I can be yours and not hurt you. Thank you for the luck, I really hope to see you sooner than you expect.'

After Calum sent that he slowly dozed off. Cara's phone blew up shortly after that with people coming up with ship names, hate, compliments, fangirls, etc. She turned off her notifications and cuddled up with her pillow and stared at the wall. Taylor came rushing into the room a smile on her face.

"Come on Hun, get ready, pack your bags we're going on a road trip,"

"Taylor, I don't want to, can't we just stay in?"

"No, get dressed in something nice for dinner tonight, it's really special," she said smiling softly with a wink to follow.

"No dates, I don't want to go. I told you I'm not ready,"

"This one you'll love though, come on Cara. You can't just shut the world away. You're literally friend zoning. Not even that. You're pushing away a man who is in it deep for you, he's an infinite number greater than stupid ass Chris, get over him Cara, please. Everybody misses you, they need you Cara. I need you. Calum needs you,"

"You had to end it with him, I know I just want to be alone where I can't get hurt and I can't get manipulated,"

"CARA you're hurting yourself right now, you're hurting everybody. But there's three people hurting the most by your actions. Me, you, and Calum. Please Cara, don't let that asshole win, you're letting him win,"

Cara's chin quivered before she clutched the pillow tight and broke into tears. The words of her best friend was the ugly truth. She was letting Chris win by destroying herself completely and pushing away the ones who cared most about her. Taylor rubbed her back soothingly as she whimpered and cried in fear and realization. Yet, the ugly truth was, she didn't even know if she could return back to herself.

Like she said at the beach. She just wanted to forget the stupid little things that destroyed her. She really wanted to let Calum hers but no, as instinct it was to avoid him.

The boys have finished their concert in Times Square. Now backstage and sitting on the couch as they were being interviewed.

"So boys. There's been word from the Twitter world that Calum is now a love hungry Romeo. Are the rumors true? Are you struggling to find your Juliet?"

Calum sighed heavily before looking down at his shoes.

"He's found her, it's definite about that. Yet, well I think it's his word to talk about her if he wants," Michael chimed.

"Calum?" they all asked looking at him.

"It's fine. She's just... yeah,"

"Any words you would tell her if she was watching?" she questioned

"Uhm, yeah. Know you are never alone and that you are loved, I love you and I really wish you would give me a chance, to show you I love you and I will be by your side,"

They finished up the interview mostly by talking about Taylor and how everyone was glad she came along.

"We're glad she came into his life. She's made a big impact, I mean this dude was a real crab apple before she came along," Ashton laughed earning a punch in the shoulder.

"What? It's true," he continued to joke.

"Oh shut up ya big lug,"

"Do you have a final question?" Michael asked slightly interested in the female interviewer.

"Hmmm? oh yeah, this one is for Calum again,"

Calum wasn't even paying attention he just sat there staring at his shoes, thinking about her. How couldn't he? Thanks to Delilah and her stupid question, he felt hopeless. Since he figured she would lose her feelings that matched his during her avoidance and his touring. he looked up after Ashton tapped on his head asking if anyone was 'home'.

"I'm sorry what?"

"Calum, if I were to say that there are two girls right outside this door to see you, would you open that door?"

"Sure?"

"Go on lad, open it up,"

Calum stood up looking curiously at everyone, even the camera. He opened the door to be embraced by Taylor.

"Hey Calum," she said with a happy mischievous smile on her face. Luke jumped up and she ran into his arms.

"I can't believe you're here!" he exclaimed as he pressed his lips against her forehead and smiled brightly.

Calum turned around still confused.

"I thought you said two?"

Right as he asked that his shoulder was tapped. He turned around guessing it was their manager. her lip was bitten as her eyes met his.

'For a while we pretended
That we never had to end it
But we knew we'd have to say goodbye
You were crying at the airport
When they finally closed the plane door
I could barely hold it all inside'