Status: I try to update ASAP but it's also on Wattpad if not.

Isolation Masquerade

Chapter Four

Calum stood there astonished as he ran his thumb along her chubby peach fuzzed cheeks.

"I can't believe it, how did you get here? Why are you here?"

She shook a little as he lifted his hand and touched her cheeks. Nuzzling her face into his touch once she got used to it. loving the feel of his warm soft hands.

"We fled here by car, Taylor was afraid she had. She had gone a bit late. So we didn't eat, and I'm starved. But Taylor dragged me here, to give you a chance," she said running her bottom lip between her teeth.

"D-do you think we can uh, talk somewhere wi-without people staring. And, and cameras filming?" she asked as she felt everyone staring at them.

"Okay, let's go,"

"Watch out for fans and media when you leave!" Michael hollered just a bit too late.

They exited the stadium to be greeted by a wild crowd of screaming girls and flashing lights. Cara immediately hid behind Calum. He pulled her close and waved to fans, getting pulled away from Cara and taking selfies with fans. Once the girls pulled Calum away the media immediately went up to her, recognizing her from her relationship with Chris.

"Didn't you date Christopher Nissen? What happened between you star cross lovers? Why did you stop performing? Cara will you ever put up a new album? Where have you gone? Do you miss Chris? Did you keep the ring? What are you doing with Calum? Are you dating Calum now?" were all the questions she's heard, she began to panic.

She was scooting back and away from them but they kept pushing closer to her. A course of hyperventilation began as they kept asking her questions of her past. She tripped and began falling backwards until Calum caught her, his hair disheveled and his beanie gone. Then came the same questions that confused Calum, such as the ring, and the album, and the star crossed lovers.

"L-look. I uh I don't know what you're talking about, p-please leave me alone," she pleaded hoping it would stop her from breaking down in tears.

"Calum please," she said as she began walking tugging him with her.

Calum stood there confused, his lips pursed and eyebrows furrowed. She let go and turned around and ran away from the media, Calum had struck out of his confused trance. Looking around and shouting for Cara, quickly sprinting following the media that chased her. He stopped for a second to take a breath.

"Damn for a girl in heels, she can run,'' he panted.

Continuing to chase after her, passing the media and running 10 more meters just to catch up to Cara. He grabbed her and pulled her into The Little Owl where they hid quickly. Panting, and placing their hands above their hands as Calum laughed softly. Even though the questions had continued to ponder in his head, he subsided them in hope she'd eventually explain.

"Are you guys here or.. Oh my god, Cara? Cara Mason? I can't believe it, can I get a picture?" Said a hostess who stared brightly at Cara.

Cara looked down before silently agreeing with a phony small smile. The hostess grinned and brought out her phone. Taking several selfies with Cara, adding in Calum in the last two. Even though the girl didn't know him or recognize him.

"The girls are going to flip when they hear this. Oh would you like a table?" she asked smiling happily, receiving nods from both Calum and Cara.

"Well then let me show you a very special one," she said taking them to a nice little spot in the corner.

"Would you care for anything to drink?"

"Uh yeah, I'll take a Bloody Mary," Calum had requested before glancing over at Cara who sat there contemplating on her menu.

"Can I take a uh, a vanilla milkshake," she finally said

"Okie dokie," she smiled before heading into the kitchen.

Cara sighed softly and set down her menu before sitting back and staring at the wall. Calum set his down and looked at her. Admiring her even though silently questioning her with a small smile formed on his face.

"Cara?"

"No, I'm not ready to go back," she whispered shutting her eyes shut.

"Oh no I wasn't going to ask that. I was going to compliment you,"

"Why is that?"

"Because for a girl in some thick heels damn can you run,"

With that Calum had witnessed the first in a very long time, laughter had erupted from Cara's lips.

"You're so stupid Calum, it takes a lot to finally get it down," she giggled.

"Wow," he sighed in adoration.

"What?" she asked as she started to stop laughing, a bright smile still on her face

"I love your smile and laugh," he admitted

Cara's smile faded as a blush came across her cheeks. staring down at her lap as she fiddled with her fingers. She just couldn't do it. Not at all. She just couldn't.

"I'm sorry," he said finally.

"No don't be, it's just. Like I said I'm still scared and living in the past," she said softly.

"I want you to love me the way I love you Cara, I've gone mad for you,"

"And you don't think I love you too? Calum, I do. I'm just scared, I don't want to relive the past, there's trepidation filling me. I can't date you, please let us be friends first,"

"I'll still see you, as long as you won't run away from me,"

"Friends?"

"Friends,"

They talked and talked before ordering their food. Girls and boys both fanning over each of them. Once they were finished they had taken a stroll around the town. They got lost and ended up laughing as they had to call Ashton to pick them up. They all ended up lost called up Michael who joined the group of lost people.

"Let's just roam guys," Cara had suggested still laughing brightly.

"What if we get even more lost?" Michael questioned.

"Does it matter, we can explore a whole new place!" Ashton exclaimed draping his arm over her shoulder and laughing along with her.

"Come on trust me, it'll be fun," Ashton and Cara said in unison as they beckoned Calum and Michael who stood unsure.

"Fine, we're in," they said walking along.

Cara stood between Ashton and Calum as Michael ran up front screaming:

"I'm fucking lost and I don't give a shit about it because I'm with fucking amazing ass people!"

Fun part is they ended up crashing at a pizza place with pizza and flour all over them. They got pizza wasted for sure.

'And when the phone call finally ends

You say, "I'll call you tomorrow at 10,"

And I'm stuck in the friend zone again and again'