Status: I try to update ASAP but it's also on Wattpad if not.

Isolation Masquerade

Chapter Eight

Calum got up and walked off and away. His phone continued to ring as everyone tried to call him. He ended up turning off his phone and digging his hands deep into his pocket. Honestly he really couldn't do it anymore. Calum couldn't continue on with the band, especially right now. So, he returned to the quiet hotel and packed his bag before leaving to the airport.

That was the end of bassist Calum Hood, so long loved band member, and amazing friend. To sum up Calum's trip, he had returned home to his mum just wearily. Eyes and cheeks puffy from the tears that stained them. He stayed there on the beach, just staring at the horizon that never ended. Slightly wishing about a possibility that Cara would join him, like he did with her. Though he knew that wouldn't happen because obviously she didn't feel the same since she went and began dating Michael.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

At leh hotel

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Luke and Ashton searched around the entire hotel, Taylor and Jade searched the pizza places around the city, Michael searched the shops, and Cara just walked around the empty room feeling shattered. Tears streaming down her face a bit, she felt completely terrible about it all. But she felt good, about saying yes to Michael.

"I'm sorry Calum," she whispered as she opened the drawer to find several sheets of paper and reading them shortly piece by piece feeling even more weight as she sank into the bed. Her hand clamped over her mouth as the tears became rivers that slid down her face. Bringing out her phone and texting the boys that they're going to need a new bassist now before they play the next gig next month. The struggle was real, they had to find someone who knew Calum's lines and could play the bass like a pro.

One thing the girls knew was that they all could play bass and knew Calum's lines. Funny thing was all of them didn't talk about that. They kept quiet as the guys went through their contacts and just found nothing. They sat on the bus running their hands through their hair and groaning in frustration. Two hours before the show the girls walked up to the boys with their lips bitten.

"Guys, we've been talking. Well, we want to help," Taylor said.

"How can you guys do that?" Luke asked twisting his body to face them.

"Well, we all can play and uh-" Cara said

"Cara knows the bass and the lines!" Jade exclaimed really not wanting to play and figured Taylor wouldn't, so she threw Cara under the bus.

"Jade! Wh- wh- I hav- I haven't played,"

"What are you talking about you were just playing in the back," Taylor chimed.

"Fine actually. I have a proposition, I'll play. If! I can wear a mask,"

"Done!" The boys had exclaimed.

Cara nodded and bit her lip as Michael stood and wrapped his arms around Cara and kissed the top of her head.

"Okay, well I'm going to go get ready,"

"And we'll help you,"

"Hey, it'll be okay," Michael said knowing what Calum would say, since he knew she was nervous.

She gave a soft smile as she slipped out of his arms and walked into the back. Stripping from the shirt and letting Taylor wrap a bandage around her torso, as Jade fixed up her hair till it all could fit in a beanie. When they finished she almost looked like a dude, only things different were her eyes, and her small body frame.

"Give us your best Calum singing imitation,"

Cara cleared her throat before looking up at the ceiling and began singing Calum's part of Unpredictable, even though she wanted to sing what she read. It tore her to pieces just thinking about it.

"Okay love, I think you're ready. Are you okay?" they said

"I just- yeah, I'll be fine,"

Next thing Cara knew, she was being announced upstage, mask on and  still receiving screams as she walked upon the stage. Nobody truly knowing who she was due to the stage name of their lovely friend 'The Phantom'. Truly greatful the stadium had a costume department in the back. They sang covers for songs, Unpredictable, and Try Hard for the show. The adrenaline had filled her body completely and she rocked out, making the boy laugh and her smile brightly. Even though she's lost the stars that reflected in her eyes, she still felt like Calum was still there. Subsiding the feeling of Calum that was wearing her thin, but Michael was there to cheer her up on the stage. Even kissing the side of her maskless cheek causing a huge scream errupt from the massive crowd of girls.

God she couldn't believe that she was really upstage again, back behind the mask. Still frightened and hoping that Calum was watching this, because her hands were hot and starting to loose the grip on the neck. As they finished and said goodbye Cara stepped back up to the mic.

"Before we leave, thank you guys for letting me play for you tonight, it means a lot,"

Michael draped his arm around her shoulder as they walked off the stage. The crowd went crazy for it, except three people. Three over the top jealous people, who's arms were folded with two plotting revenge as the other held back the anger. The three made their way back to the car, the two plotters sat in front detailing their plans to destroy Cara as the third sat in the back oblivious to their words as they stared out the window.

Cara was having trouble taking off the wrap that squashed her boobs. No one was in the room so she took out her hair and let it cascade down her back before she tip toed out and went into the lounge where everyone sat just laughing and talking.

"Where's Jade and Taylor?" she asked hugging her stomach.  The boys looked at her and shrugged

"They went to go get some pizza," Ashton said joyfully.

"Great. Michael can you help me?" she asked timidly, receiving a wide-eyed, red faced nod from him.

Luke and Ashton chuckled to themselves as Michael made his way towards her and placed his hand on the small of her back. Back into the dressing room they went, she pulled her hair up into a sloppy bun and shoeed him where the end was hidden. Tucked into other bandages smack dab in the center of her upper back. Michael unwrapped her to the point where it was to right beneath her breast and she was covering her chest till it was fully off. Then she turned around and slipped on a bra; facing Michael she gave a faint smile before he cupped her cheeks and kissed her lips softly.

"I'm sorry Calum left," he said

"It was his decision, it's not your fault,"

"But you love him. Not me,"

"Mikey,"

"It's okay, if you want to break up, I mean to have someone like Calum. Then to have someone like me,"

"Mikey stop. We all make decisions in our lives, yes I love Calum, it doesn't mean that I can't date you,"

"You are doing things to my head and it's just fuck. Babe, I have a question for you and it's very important,"

"What?"

"Would you like to put on a shirt because you in a bra is making me want to.. Stare and I'll become. Uh horny over it too,"

She blushed and laughed softly as she grabbed Calum's shirt and slipped it on, before lacing her finger in his and looking up at him. He stared mostly at her lips before smirking.

"You had a lip piercing?"

"I might have had snake bites sophomore year,"

"We should go out, right now,"

"Where to?"

"Somewhere, just come on,"

God when they got there she regretted letting him take her. He got her to repierce the left side of her lip and to dye her hair a dark red, but keeping a few bunches of brown hair.

"Damn, you're looking hot," he said bringing out Ashton's video camera.

"Ehehehe," she mocked hiding her facebefore grabbing the camera and pretending to kiss the lens.

Pointing it at Micheal and smirking.

"Michael Clifford, you have won the choice of getting your hair dyed, getting a tattoo, or both,"

"Hair dye,"

"Both you say? Okay, but I choose,"

"I didn't sa-"

"Nope you're getting it,"

"i thought you fucking said 'You have the Choice' big words to say if you're lying,"

"Well too bad I win, now sit down and let the lady do her work with your hair,"

With those words and a good hour later, Michael's hair was a soft minty green color. Finally dragging him to the tattoo shop where he got a voodoo doll tattoo on his back with the words

'Where's that voodoo doll cause you can't control yourself''

She smiled brightly and grabbed his shirt so he could let it air dry. They walked around and around just telling shitty jokes, pizza fantasies, and weird dreams. It mostly made them hungry, so they walked back to the lounge where everyone was, nibbling on the pizza.

"Hawaiian!" Cara exclaimed grabbing the box of Hawaiian pizza and taking a slice.

"Damn, she really is Calum Jr." Luke laughed receiving a frustrated pouty face.

"Cara and Michael. You're fucking hair, is so fabulous it makes babies cry," Ashton laughed.

"Ashton, I actually like Cara's hair, it looks good. Holy shit. You did it again. Oh, so you listen to your boyfriends suggestion, but not your best friend who's been telling you forever to get it repierced! Ouch," Taylor claimed.

"Actually I didn't know where we were going until he took me to the shop. We bickered over it until he pinned me down and let the guy stab open my hole again,"

"You pinned her down? Michael, naughty naughty," Luke playfully sassed.

"He got a tattoo, show them babe, I got to pick it out, but the words are mine to own,"

"Jade. Tell me where cause i cant control myself,"

Ashton said running his thumb along the back of her hand.

"Cara, won't you please stop lovin me to death?"

"Guys! That can be an actual song! Like yes!" Luke exclaimed jumping up.

"But it's missing a lot," he added.

"Guys, I'll be back on Friday, at your next show. I know what this needs," Cara said.

"I'll take you to the airport tomorrow morning before we go on the road," Michael said knowing they needed him. Most importantly she needed him.

"I'm scared actually, I know he'll hate me, I just wish this wouldn't be the way it was,"

"Don't worry Cara, we'll still bicker like the teenage fucking mutant ninja turtles going for the last slice of fucking pizza, just not as a couple though. Besides, everyone's herd you mumble his name in your sleep all the fucking time,"

"You really love the word fuck, okay. Sounds fair enough to me," she laughed going onto her third slice of pizza.

----------------------------The Next Day-------------------------------

Cara gave off hugs at the airport before she boarded the plane. Calling Calum's phone at least twenty times before listening to Green Day and falling asleep on the plane. Curled up next to the window as she had her frequent nightmares about Calum. Waking up with a jolt as the plane began to descend. She called Taylor and informed her about her land and bad feelings. Luke sent her the address and she gave it to the cab driver.

Taking a deep breath as she approached the door. Knocking softly, preparing for a long conversation about how he should come back again. What she didn't expect was the one who opened the door.

'Where are you

and I'm so sorry,

I can not sleep,

I can not dream tonight,

I need somebody and always.

This sick strange darkness,

comes creeping on,

so haunting every time.'