More than Just Best Friends

Chapter 1

Sophie and Nathan have been best friends forever and are next door neighbours. Sophie has had the hugest crush on him..since FOREVER!

Sophie knocked on Nathan's door. And she heard footsteps come and Nathan opened the door.

"Hey sophs!" Nathan smiled as he opened the door.

"FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!" Sophie yelled smiling.

"Yeah why you even up..it's like 9:00!" Nathan whined.

"Oh Nathan c'mon let's like go to the park or something" Sophie asked.

"Ok fine! We will go to the park ok! Now wait I haft to go get dressed so you can just sit inside" he said.

"Ok thank you Nate" Sophie smiled.
Nathan walked up to his room and got dressed. He put on his cologne. Once Nathan was done he walked back downstairs to where Sophie was waiting for him.

"Ok so you ready?" Nate asked.

"Yep!" Sophie answered in excitement.

Sophie and Nathan walked outside to where there was a path leading to a park. They walked through the path.

"Wow I can't believe this coming school year will be our last." Nathan spoke looking at Sophie.

"Yeah it was an amazing year and hopefully this one will be fun!" She said. They walked and had normal conversations. The path stopped to where the park was, just a little one. Today wasn't the best day...Cloudy. So no one was at the park.

"Oo I call dibs on the swing" Sophie yelled as she started running.

"Not if I get there first" Nate teased as he ran, Sophie won the little race so she got to go on the swings.

"Haha I won!" She teased

"We'll because I gave you a head start. Plus I don't like swings anyways" he lied

"Yeah yeah" she said rolling her eyes.

"Because I'm a nice guy I will push you" he smiled

"Aww thanks Natey!" Sophie smiled. Sophie had a crush on Nate since they were little and she never ever told Nate, she knew he would never like her the same way.

Nathan was pushing Sophie on the swing back and forth and she was laughing which caused Nathan to laugh. He always loved her laugh, but it didn't mean anything to him.

"Ok I'm joining!" Nathan said as Sophie got off and Nathan went on and picked Sophie up and placed her on hi lap as they swung. Then well...someone came.

"Well if it isn't 'cutest couple of the year" Luca said. Luca was the boy who loved Sophie and was always mad and jealous that she was always hanging out with Nathan.

"Just stop we are just friends and nothing more!" Nathan said.
It broke Sophie's heart when she heard him speak those words, but it was sadly true.

"Yeah like Luca can you just leave us alone!' Sophie said.

"No! Why on earth are you even hanging out with him. Don't go for him just come to me baby!" Luca spoke, it wanted to make Sophie puke.

"Stop I'm NOT your baby!" Sophie said jumping off Nate's lap.

"God your such a Puck slut, you only want to f**k all the players! especially Nathan" Luca said
Sophi started crying she was emotional so she cried and Nathan clenched his fists and punched Luca in the face.

"What the f**k!" Luca said his nose was bleeding.

"Don't EVER hurt or talk to Sophie again!" Nathan said as he put his arm around Sophie and walked. Sophie was still sobbing a bit into Nate's arm. Nathan stopped and talked to her.

"Hey look it's ok he's gone now, I taught him a little lesson" Nathan said smirking and wiping away the tears on Sophie's face.

"Thank you Nathan. And I'm not what he said I would never ever do that to you." She said sniffing.

"Hey your not a puck slut. And don't worry best friends stick up for each toner. I care about you and I don't want anything to happen to you" he said smiling.

"You always manage to make me feel better thanks Nate" Sophie said hugging Nathan. As they were hugging it started to rain.

"C'mon we haft to hurry!" Nate laughed. Luckily Nathan thought it would rain so he brought a light sweater.

"Here wear this!" Nathan said as he placed his sweater over Sophie's shaking body.

"Tthhaannkkks" she managed to say.
He turned and stared at her moving a piece of her hair aside. She stared into his glowing eyes, he stared back into hers. He hesitated and turned the other way and kept walking. And he ignored me the whole walk home when we got back to our houses he grabbed his sweater without a word and walked in his house. What just happened..