More than Just Best Friends

Chapter 4

"Meet me at the park- Sophie" Sophie texted Nathan.

"Yeah sure!" Nathan replied.

They both walked and met each other at the park. They both waved and sat near the little pond.

"So I..."Sophie said but Nathan cut her off.
"Yesterday at the parade.. I didn't mean to kiss you. It meant nothing I swear" Nathan said staring out onto the pond.

"Oh uh yeah I .. I know" she said disappointed.

"Hey Rachel and I broke up. Caught her kissing with some other guy" Nathan laughed at the memory.

"Oh wow!" Sophie said. She was at least happy that Nathan broke up with her.

"Hey you wanna go to the beach or something today?" Nathan smiled.

"Yeah sure!" Sophie said with excitement.

"Here c'mon let's go get our stuff" Nathan said getting up and reaching his hand out for Sophie.

Hey ran back.
"Hey maybe you can stay over tonight?" Nathan asked.

"Yeah I'm sure my mum won't mind" Sophie smiled. They both walked into their houses and told their parents where they were going and that Sophie would stay at Nates. Their parents agreed so Nathan and Sophie walked out with all their beach stuff in hand. Sophie's mom offered to drive them so she did.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\

They arrived at the beach and took there cloths off. Nate was wearing his trunks on so he took of his shirt and show offed his ab. Which of course made Sophie smile like crazy. Sophie wore her bathing suit underneath so she took of her on top cloths. She was wearing a nice red bikini ... Nothing slutty though.

It was a beautiful sunny day. The beach wasn't TOO crowded, Nathan put their stuff down on a spot.

"Ok here we go!" Nathan said as he picked Sophie up and ran towards the water. He threw Sophie in the water, but not hard.

"Ahh!" Sophie said before she hit the warm water.
Her head bobbed up from the water with a angry expression on her face.

"Hehe whoops" Nathan said trying to back away.
Sophie splashed him and grabbed his arm and brought him in the water.

"Ha ha!" She laughed as she turned away and he splashed her.

"Ha Nathan stopp!" She giggled. They stopped and enjoyed their time at the beach. They were having fun all until they started seeing people... Rachel.

"Oh hi baby!" Rachel screamed at Nathan. He rolled his eyes and turned around and walked up to her.

"Look I'm not your 'baby' anymore ok! It's over" Nathan said.

"Ugh whatever why are you even here... WITH HER" she pointed

"Because she's my best friend!" Nathan yelled

"Oh yeah uhh best friend my ass!" She said

"Just go! Leave" he said

"Whatever I never even loved you" she said walking away and purposely kicking sand at him. The words hurt him but he shrugged it off he was moving on. Then just as Nathan went back into the water...Luca showed up.

"Oh hey Sophie" he winked. Nathan turned around and just caught him wink...it was almost as it made Nathan feel like jealous. "No Nathan your getting over yourself it's nothing" Nathan thought to himself.

"And looks like your with the jerk again" Luca signed

"I beat you up before and I can do it again. So I suggest you leave us alone" Nathan said

"Geez fine I'll go" Luca said as he walked the other direction.

"Finally" Nathan smirked.

"Thanks Nate" Sophie said. They had fun at the beach Sophie called her mom and she was on her way to pick them up.

*~*

"Thanks again it was fun Nate" Sophie smiled as they both walked into their houses.

"No problem Sophie no problem" Nate mumbled he knew she didn't hear him.
He went to his room and took a hot long shower.

Sophie also took a shower and got her some ice cream and cried over romantic movies and thought of Nathan. She didn't just cry because he had no interest in her, she cried because in a year they would be going on their own paths.